Would You Save Me?

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The atmosphere inside Coach Kwon's office was eerie. Apart from the whirr of the air conditioning and the ticking of the wall clock, nothing else can be heard in the four walled room.

 

Coach Kwon wasn't happy this afternoon, his demeanor says it all. Well who would be? His second best swimmer in the men's team came to his office with a beat up face. And to top it off, the one who was supposedly responsible for the action was his best swimmer in the women's team. Of course he was the very least delighted to hear such news on a Monday afternoon.

 

"Can someone tell me why Mr. Cho's face was bleeding earlier?" Coach Kwon finally started. He was tired of waiting for answers. He's going to get it before the situation gets out of hand and is push to the higher office.

 

"I'm sorry." It was Jimin who answered. Her head hanging low, obviously saying that she's guilty to whatever conviction that's going to leave Coach Kwon's mouth.

 

"I'm not asking for an apology. I'm asking "why". Coach Kwon said sternly as he looked at the two students who were currently sitting in front of him.

 

Jimin faced him this time. She took a deep breath and with a straight face said, "He looked funny earlier." 

 

Hearing this made Minjeong's ears' perk up. Is she really looking for trouble? She thought to herself as she sat there on the opposite chair facing Jimin.

 

"What?" Coach Kwon asked not believing what just came out of her member's mouth.

 

"I believe you heard me the first time, coach."

 

"Ms. Yoo watch your words." He said as a warning. Clearly he wasn't liking Jimin's tone and answer.

 

"I'm sorry, coach."

 

This time, Coach Kwon turned to face Minjeong. In fact he still doesn't know what does the vice-president have to do with the problem at hand. "And what part did you play in the situation of Mr. Cho earlier, Ms. Kim?"

 

"Actually Coach K—" Minjeong started but Jimin was quick to cut her off.

 

"She just happened to be passing by, Coach."

 

This made Coach Kwon frown in confusion because the story that he heard from Mr. Cho earlier was very different.

 

"But that's not what I heard from Albert."

 

"You know Albert, Coach. His words aren't to be taken seriously." Jimin said casually as she let her back relax on the chair like she was on a vacation or something.

 

"And I know you, Jimin. That's why I'm very disappointed when I heard your name out of Albert's mouth. It's not like you to get in trouble." Coach Kwon countered her words. Jimin didn't miss the heavy sigh, the displeased facial expression and the tone of his voice. But what's done is done. Jimin couldn't change it, she just have to take it all in.

 

All the while, Minjeong sat there all confused as to why Jimin wasn't telling the truth. From what she could read from Coach Kwon's body language, she knew that Jimin wasn't about to get it easy. She doesn't like Jimin one bit but what Coach Kwon know wasn't even ten percent of what transpired earlier.

 

"It was re—" Minjeong tried to explain but Jimin cuts her off again 

 

"I don't know what have gotten into me earlier, coach. I'm sorry." Jimin butted in. She stands up this time and bowed her head to Coach Kwon repeatedly.

 

As much as he hated to reprimand Jimin, Coach Kwon was left no choice but to give her some sort of punishment. Albert's face was leaking earlier and he couldn't let Jimin off the hook despite of her reasons.

 

"A sorry wouldn't cut it, Jimin. Your practice hours would be extended until 8pm for a week starting today."

 

"Yes coach." Jimin muttered.

 

He then faced Minjeong this time and said, "And as for you Ms. Kim, you're free to go. If you happen to run into any problem or commotion just like what happened to Jimin and Albert earlier, do consult it to me first so we can sort it out."

 

"Yes. Understood. Thank you." Minjeong answered like the obedient student that she is.

 

 

 


"What was that?" Minjeong asked Jimin as soon as the door of Coach Kwon's office shut close.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Minjeong who was slowly loosing her patience asked. She didn't like to kept in the dark. She wanted answers.

 

Jimin just shrugged her shoulders and ignored the seething vice-president beside her. "Uhm, I did. Albert did look funny earlier, specially after he met my fist."

 

"What's wrong with you?" Asked by a very frustrated Minjeong.

 

Taking a deep breath, Jimin stopped walking and faced Minjeong with a small smile and answered, "Me? I don't know." before turning around and started to walk again.

 

Jimin's steps are a bit bigger from Minjeong considering their height difference so Minjeong have to walk double time to catch up to her. "Why did you took all the blame? Cho should have been reprimanded too." Minjeong said as she tried to catch her breath.

 

"It wouldn't change a thing." Jimin replied lazily.

 

"It could have."

 

Jimin stopped walking this time and faced a very breathless Minjeong. Crouching down so she was looking at Minjeong straight in the eyes, she asked "Is it so hard to say t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter