Stay

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blasting music which seems to get louder and louder as Aeri's car approaches the last house located on the block was the sign that told her that she wasn't that late as she was expecting to be. 

 

She guessed nothing less about John's birthday party and she was right. It was a jammed pack party filled with former and current university students. One would think that John was a boring friend considering that he was the former auditor but his personality says otherwise. 

 

It took Aeri more than necessary to find a parking spot that wasn't that far from the location of the party. After the guard of the residence let her in, a smile grazes Aeri's lips. As expected the party was already in full swing and showing no sign of stopping anytime soon.

 

The first one that met her eyes was no other than the birthday celebrant himself holding a bottle of whiskey together with a shot glass.

 

"Aeri! Thank heavens you made it!" John exclaims after carefully hugging Aeri with one hand so the whiskey that he was holding on the other one wouldn't spill.

 

"Sorry I'm late, I had some matters to attend to." Aeri answers apologetically after handing out her present. 

 

"Nonsense, the party is just getting started." John answers excitedly as he expertly pours Aeri a drink.

 

"You know very well that I can't handle my liquor, John." Aeri tries to wave off the shot. "I'm good, I'll just get some juice inside..." She says while pointing at the house just in front of them.

 

"I know but just one, just one Aeri." John says persistently after placing the tiny glass on the former president's house. Having no choice, Aeri looks at the small container in her hand smiles at the celebrant.

 

"Happy Birthday, John." Aeri greets before downing the bitter liquid down .

 

 

 

 

The living room was full of loud cheers and chit chats here and there courtesy by the younger students of the university and in the middle of it all was the former president who can't seem to get out of the sticky situation that she have gotten herself into.

 

It was obvious that her popularity haven't yet wavered ever since she graduated last month. Because even the juniors still acknowledges her presence. She was surrounded by old and some fresh faces that she doesn't know but she treated them all the same.

 

Another glass that is full to the brim stops again in front of her. Now all of the eyes that filled the living room couches are on at her again. She reaches for the drink and a slice of lemon on the mini table in front.

 

Aeri smiles gratefully and raises her drink so everyone could see. "It's my last one, yeah?" Grunts and contest of disappoinment erupted after her statement.

 

She knows her limit when it comes to drinking and right now she's pushing it. She can already tell that she's flushed because her cheeks are getting warmer by the second.

 

Just when the glass was about to hit her lips,  a hand grabs her arm causing her to look up from her seat.

 

"Not fair!" Andrew shouted after seeing how Ningning grab and downed what was supposed to be Aeri's shot. 

 

"Shut up, Yang." Ningning answers back as she walks over to where Aeri was sitting and takes a seat beside her but not before shoving away the junior student who was being too close to the former president.

 

Ningning grabs the pillow beside her and throws it into Andrew's direction but the latter dodged it quickly. "You know Aeri can't drink that much but he—"

 

"Relax Ningning, I'll set you up with someone later." Andrew answers after flashing a sly smile at the sole chinese student in the living room.

 

"Shut up," Ningning sneers back at him but just like earlier Andrew just laughed it off. "And you," She now turns to her side only to see her fiancé with drunk and dazed eyes while trying her best keep her head up, "no more drinking." Ningning warns the older girl after pushing back all the glasses on the table that's on Aeri's reach.

 

"Now who's going to—" A student from the university's basketball team tries to argue but Ningning cut him off immediately. She already know what he's about to say and she already know the solution to that.

 

"I'll take her shots and she," Ningning looks at Aeri then quickly grabbed the remaining club sandwich on the table together with a bottle of water and places them on Aeri's lap. "...she can take my snacks or chips or whatever." The younger girl tried to sound nonchalant but failed in doing so.

 

Ningning knew that the attention have now shifted onto her but she'll figure a way out of it. Becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter