Kim Minjeong

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The head butler of the Kim's residence now face the room of the only lady of the house. Mr. Jung checks his watch one more time to make sure he isn't too early nor too late at his lady's morning routine. But even before his fist hit the door, he was met with a small smile by his lady. She was already dressed in her well ironed uniform, her newly dyed hair falling over her shoulders. She's ready to go to the university. 

 

Punctuality. One of her strongest point, Mr. Jung thought. He have witnessed the growth of the lady who was now facing him. She has never been late in any appointment or meeting in her twenty-one years of life. May it be a family breakfast or a company meeting to which her parents always bring her to.

 

You should never be late. But if you're going to arrive on time and walk inside the room with tardiness on your shoulders then it's better not to come at all, Mr. Jung remembered her words when he once asked her why she was always five minutes early to the appointed time.

 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Jung." Minjeong greeted the man as she closed the door to her room. Mr. Jung greeted her back before stepping aside to make way for her lady. Trailing behind to the now small blonde lady, Mr. Jung could only smile as she saw the keychain dangling from her bag: Toy Story's Woody. The gift that he got her for her last birthday. He remembered how little Minjeong used to love going to the movies when she was young. And being the most trusted man in the Kim's house Mr. Jung was the one who used to and still accompanies Minjeong wherever she goes.

 

 

"You're up early." Her father asked Minjeong when he saw her walk down the stairs and towards her designated seat on the table.

 

"Dad it's already seven." Minjeong answered as she took her napkin and placed it on her lap to get ready for breakfast.

 

Her father offered her a smile when he saw Minjeong starting to eat. "And your classes start at eight."

 

Minjeong met her father's eyes at the head of the table and just smiled in return. She knows he won't stop talking if she keeps on answering his questions. 

 

One thing about Minjeong is that she likes eating in silence. She believes that conversations can wait. She wants to focus on the food in front of her and enjoy it without having to come up with words and make small talk. It is for this reason that she usually eats alone with the exception in her house or when she's eating out with Mr. Jung given that he have already memorized Minjeong's habits and tendencies.

 

"Where is Minju?" Minjeong asked when she's already done with her food. Although her older brother was the one to talk whenever he got the chance, Minjeong still missed his loud presence at home.

 

Her father's ears perked up when Minjeong spoke. He wasn't used to her daughter making conversation while still being in front of food. But when he looked up from his plate, that's when he realized that she's already finished while he wasn't even halfway with his. "He's in Taiwan. He left last night to negotiate a deal with our investors over there."

 

Minjeong nodded as a response.

 

"Your mom's in Japan." He added.

 

Hearing her father's last sentence, Minjeong quickly stood up to dodge further questions.

"There's nothing new with that." She said before excusing herself and finding Mr. Jung to drive her to the university.

 

 

 

"You can pick me up at six later." Minjeong ordered Mr. Jung once she stepped outside of the car.

 

"Yes, Ms. Kim. Should I bring you snacks of any sort?" He asked as he closed the car door. He is well aware that her lady only ever eats lunch in the university and rarely consumes any kind of snacks in between. And as a person who have seen her grow up, Mr. Jung can't help but be worried about Minjeong's unhealthy habit sometimes.

 

"It's okay. I'll just call you if I need anything." Minjeong smiled and dismissed Mr. Jung for the time being.

 

 

Minjeong's footsteps echoed inside the student council's room. It is where she usually rest or study whenever she is on break or have a vacant schedule just like today. She quickly proceeds to her designated desk and placed her bag on her table.

 

Resting her back on her seat, Minjeong was about to close her eyes to get some rest when a loud screeching sound caught her attention causing her eyes to flutter back up.

 

Looking around the room to find the source of the sound, Minjeong's head stills when she saw a person emerge from under the table across from her.

 

Aeri Uchinaga. The president of the student council. Half korean, half Japanese. It is still a wonder to Minjeong how she was able to win and get the approval of the university directors to run for position when she was an openly bi student in a university where the idea of being part of the LGBTQ+ c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter