I Don't Make the Rules

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Excuse me. Minjeong, Minjeong Kim." A deep voice resonated all over the student council office which made the officers automatically turn their heads around to find the owner of the voice.

 

Ningning was the first one to spot the visitor, she hurriedly got up from her seat and greeted the said visitor with formalities.

 

"Jimin. What brought you here?" Ningning asked with amusement in her voice because as far as she knows this was the first time that the captain of the swimming team has ever passed by their office. If there was any problem of sort, she naturally comes through Aeri given that they have been best of friends since forever.

 

"Minjeong Kim. I'm looking for Ms. Kim." Her tone wasn't the usual bubbly Jimin, something was definitely off and Ningning can sense it. She had this straight face that was giving nothing away but at the same time she looked calm. Something is definitely not right.

 

"She went out with Aeri. They had to attend to some matters I think."

 

"What time will she return?" Jimin asked as she craned her neck to see if Minjeong wasn't really inside the said office. Ningning could only smile at the reaction of the swimming captain, she really only trust Aeri, she thought to herself.

 

Ningning's gaze landed on the wall clock behind Jimin, 3:05pm. It has almost been an hour ever since Aeri and Minjeong has been called to the university head's office and knowing how this type of things work, Ningning knew she couldn't give Jimin a specific answer. "I don't know since it's official matters. It may take a while."

 

Jimin could only sigh at the words that Ningning just said but she smiled at the Chinese student nonetheless.


"It's okay. I can wait." She said as she made a move to sit on the waiting couch inside the room.

 

"I can give you her phone number if you like?" Ningning offered her because honestly it might still be hours before Minjeong comes back and she doesn't want to bother the captain for that long knowing that the preparations for the sports meet has already begun.

 

"Would that be fine?"

 

"Yeah I guess so since you're looking for her for university or something sports related right?" Ningning said with a bit of uncertainty  in her voice but that doubt easily faded away when she suddenly remembered that Minjeong was delegated with the swimming team. 

 

The end of Jimin's lips curved upwards on cue with Ningning's suggestion. "Of course, it is something university related."

 

After Jimin have gotten the information that she needed, she immediately got up from the couch and went straight to the door but not before leaving a little wave and bidding a quick goodbye to the younger student.

 

"Thank you Ningning."

 

"Sure. I'll tell Minjeong that you came by." Ningning said before closing the door once Jimin was out.

 

 


It was past five in the afternoon when Aeri and Minjeong came back from the university head's office. The only officers that were left were Ningning and Anna Hwang who were tidying up the office also getting ready to leave.

 

When the sound of the door hinge creaking broke the silence of the room both officers' neck craned their head towards the direction of the door. They were met with the obviously tired faces of their president and vice-president.

 

"Tough talk session?" Ningning asked as she turned off the vacuum cleaner that she was using to tidy up the welcome mat in their office.

 

"Not really. Just kinda tired." Aeri answered her once she sat on the comfort of her own chair. Minjeong only gave a small smile to the secretary as an answer before walking straight to her desk beside Aeri's. 

 

Silence sat upon the room and the only sound that can be heard were coming from the officers packing up their bags ready to leave the office. Anna was the first to walk to the door but she suddenly stopped when she remembered something.


"By the way, Jimin came by earlier." 

 

"Yeah, I totally forgot." Ningning squeaked in as it dawned on her that Jimin did pass by earlier to talk to Minjeong.

 

"She's still hella gorgeous by the way." Anna mentioned with a smile and a wink directed towards the president's direction. Aeri was given no chance to retaliate or defend herself because Anna was out the door once the words left .

 

"Uh, she was looking for you Minjeong." Shock was visible on Aeri's face and Ningning didn't fail to notice it. Aeri knows too well that Jimin wasn't fond of going to their office or any of the university offices for that matter. Whenever something comes up, as long as Jimin knew Aeri could handle it for her, she almost a hundred percent passes it on to her.

 

However Minjeong wasn't fazed at all. "Me?" She answered with little interest.

 

"Yeah, something sports related I think." Ningning said as she swung her bag on her shoulder and made her way to the door.

 

"Okay, then." Was all Minjeong's answer. She's really a minimalist when it comes to words Ningning thought to herself. With one last smile, she bid the two students goodbye as she head out of their office.

 

 

 

Just a couple of minutes after Ningning left, Minjeong's phone rang. Upon seeing the caller ID she immediately picks up.

 

"Good evening, Mr. Jung." Minjeong greeted their butler. 

 

"Good evening, Ms. Kim. Should I pick you up right now?" 

 

"Yeah, I'm on my way to the lot actually. Sorry I forgot to call you earlier. I was in a meeting."

 

"It's okay, Ms. Kim. Any food you want on the way?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter