Plan B

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One more lap!" The loud voice of Coach Kwon echoed inside the pool area. Jimin has just emerged from the waters when she saw the man on the other end of the pool raising his point finger to indicate that he wanted her do to one more round before getting out of the water. But Jimin wanted nothing more than to lift herself up off the pool and ran away from the area as fast she could. Her legs were already numb, her arms were limp. She has been at it for more than four hours now while her teammates have long gone home.

 

Breathing out loudly through , Jimin once again gears herself up as she stands there on the edge of the pool. "Last one, Jimin. Just one more." She says to herself as she faces the blue waters for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

 

She knew her body couldn't take it anymore but once the sound of the whistle blowing rang in her ears, her body automatically moves by itself and less than a second later she finds herself already diving into the water. 

 

"Kick and thread, kick and thread..." Were the words that replayed in her mind as she continuously propelled herself through the crystal clear water. The tiredness that occupied her thoughts earlier was completely swept by the rush of needing oxygen in her lungs every few seconds and wanting to reach the other side of the pool as fast as possible.

 

"A second longer than your previous record last year." Coach Kwon says as he bend down on one knee once Jimin resurfaced in the water. Clearly he wasn't happy. Competition season officially starts next week and the pressure to maintain the championship title is harder than ever before.

 

"What's happening Jimin? You weren't like this. You're still far from your best form and there's less than a week to prepare." Coach Kwon asks Jimin as he helps her get out of the water.

 

She has no answer. Well she didn't wanted to answer and she has no excuses left. All she can do at the moment was to avoid those disappointed eyes that once looked at her full of pride. 

 

Seeing that he wouldn't get any explanation from his best swimmer, Coach Kwon loudly let's out a deep sigh that brought more weight to the captain's shoulders. "Go take your shower. It's almost nine. We have to go."  He mutters as he takes a look at his watch and only then did Jimin meet his gaze.

 

 

 

"Mr. Jung? Where is Minjeong?" An exhausted Jimin queries as she closes the door of the vehicle.

 

"Lady Kim is currently on a plane right now on route to Hong Kong. She got a call earlier and was ordered by her mother to attend some meetings that's why she isn't here."

 

Jimin could only hum in response. It was another blow for her to not see the younger girl. She was expecting to at least spend some time Minjeong tonight since next week would even be more busier.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be with her?" She ask. Her gaze focusing on the buildings that they were passing by outside.

 

"I'll be on the next flight available. I've been ordered by my lady to wait for you until your practice and to drive you home safely." The light turns red. Mr. Jung grabs the paper bag that was sitting on the passenger seat and gently hands it to Jimin. "And there's soup, noodles, water, and sandwiches in this pack in courtesy of Ms. Kim." She smiles for the first time that day when warm eyes met hers as she reaches for the pack.

 

 

Once her body hit the bed only did Jimin felt the beating that the week have done to her system. Practice was tighter than ever and she have always extended hours as requested by Coach Kwon. She knew it was to make up for her uncalled absences in the last five to six weeks but she didn't knew it would be that rough.

 

Her legs are crying in pain and her arms felt like they would fall off her shoulders if she moves one more time. The urge to sleep for a week has been stronger than it has ever been before but she knew she couldn't. She needed to practice. This is the season where she couldn't afford to lose. Most especially this year.

 

"Did you eat the food that I sent for you?" The soft voice of the younger girl filled her room as she put her device on loud speaker. 

 

"Hello, Minjeong." Jimin greeted with a smile on her lips even though she knows that Minjeong wouldn't see it.

 

"Answer the question."

 

Oh she definitely rolled her eyes at me. And that thought alone instantly made Jimin felt a little bit better. Somehow it filled her with a sense of familiarity even though they were miles and miles away.

 

"Yes I did. Thank you for the food they were delicious."

 

Minjeong hums on the phone.

"Mr. Jung told me that your practice ended  at nine? Is he serious? That's against the rules." 

 

And there goes the temper. Jimin knew it would come up. She was certain because Mr. Jung most likely told her about it.

 

"Calm down, Minjeong. I could feel your anger all the way here." She tried to laugh off the situation but the vice president wasn't having it. "That's overexploitation of your time and talent!" 

 

Jimin closes her eyes for a moment and leans to her side to face the table where her phone rested. 

"You're cute when you're mad." She says to the device like it was the real Minjeong that she was talking to.

 

"What? Seriously Jimin you could have him suspended."

 

She knew what she was talking about. The rigorous routine for the last few weeks were clearly out of line. But she was too tired tonight to even talk about it with Minjeong especially knowing that the younger girl could easily take the matter to the higher office in a second. "I'm at fault too, okay?" She answers hoping that Minjeong would drop it already. 

 

The line went silent for a while. A few rustling here and there were the only sounds that met Jimin's ears.

"How was your flight?" Jimin asked just to make sure that Minjeong was still on the line.

 

The sound of Minjeong's deep and loud sigh was a relief to Jimin. She didn't want to end their conversation on a such a heavy note. 
"It was okay. I'm already at the hotel." Minjeong pauses. "You should sleep." 

 

And Jimin couldn't agree more with her last three words.

"Soon."

Jimin's voice was so low that it came out as murmur. "What?" Minjeong just had to ask to clarify what she just heard.

 

"I said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter