Drivers and Passengers

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: The Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air filling the atmosphere of the university breathes out freshness and coolness as the first day of class arrives. Tens of students enters the main gate each passing second to once again meet the cream colored walls of the enormous establishment.

The honking of a grey honda car startled some students as its driver carefully manouvers around the aspalt road filled with students on their way to their classes. Thankfully the university has a huge space allotted for parking purposes that the area is just almost half full letting the driver easily find an empty spot to slide her vehicle on.

After turning off the engine of her car, Jimin gathers her notebooks and swiftly slides out her vehicle. The cool breeze of the early morning managed to sway her hair back and forth as she takes in the view in front of her. Looking at the high standing walls of the buildings facing her, Jimin can’t help but feel small and feel a sense of sadness as it dawns on her that it would be her last academic year starting today.

Her little moment to herself was taken away when a very familiar silver car parks just beside her own. She can’t be mistaken as she squints her eyes as she looks at the plate number of the vehicle. A few seconds more and one of her favorite person comes out of the car.

“Jimin!” Aeri greets her excitedly wearing something fit for corporate duties. A blackslacks to highlight her long legs and a white shirt with the top two buttons open to bring a little flare to her appearance.

“Hi! What are you doing here?” Jimin asks confused as she looks at Aeri from head to toe. Because as far as she knows her best friend should be preparing for her own studies for her classes next month abroad.

Aeri need not to open because the answer came out swinging when another very familiar person steps out of the same car that Aeri just got out off.

“Ningning?”

“Hey” Ningning answers casually as she bends a little and fixes her hair using the tinted window of Aeri’s car as her mirror.

“I know you have a lot of questions right now.” Aeri says to an absolutely dumbfounded Jimin who was still standing in her place apparently due to shock.

“Oh yeah you bet I do.” The captain says to her best friend as she looks back and forth to the two girls in front of her.

“But f-“

The words got caught on Aeri’s lips when a bright red car swiftly parks on the space on the right side of Jimin’s car. Aeri was about to continue but was once again cut off not by a honk or another car but by the voice of her fiancé.

“Yijun? What are you doing here?” Ningning says after seeing her brother appear just a couple of  meters away from her. But instead of answering her, her brother just simply smiled at her and looks at the direction of the passenger seat of his vehicle which made the three girls do the same.

A second later, the car reveals the little blonde that Jimin is so familiar of. In fact she might be the latter’s favorite person as of the moment.

“Thank you.” Minjeong says softly to Yijun after getting off the vehicle. She then greeted Aeri with a little smile when their eyes met to which the latter replied with a hearty smile.

“Your out is at five right?” Yijun says after seeing Minjeong turn back at him and make a move of leaving. The girl just slowly nodded as response with the same stoic expression that she has on every day.

“I’ll just wait for you here.” He says to inform Minjeong of his intentions.

“Okay.” The blonde answers monotonously before heading her own way leaving a barrage of questions on the group of people she just left behind.

With the retreating figure of Minjeong slowly fading into view, Jimin can’t help but ask herself just how the blonde could act as if nothing has happened between them. Because not even a glance was spared at her. It was as if she didn’t exist at all even though she was standing just in front of her and that alone hurt her more than seeing Minjeong get off of someone else’s car. But one thing is for sure, the first day of class haven’t started yet she have learned something that morning: Kim Minjeong wasn’t hers.

 

 

“So…” Ningning mutters to break the silence that loomed over them after Minjeong’s departure.

Yijun knows that her sister’s word was directed at him. After a deep breath, a smirk grazes his lips as he looks into his sister’s eyes. “I know you’re smart Ningie, so whatever you are thinking then it is most probably it.” He then made a move of entering his car but not after saying a farewell to the girls. “Good luck today ladies.”

“No ing way.” Ningning mutters under her breath as the sound of her brother’s car slowly fades into the air.

 

 

 

 

Jia have just finished doing the dishes when the sound of someone entering her home quickly put her on guard. It was just an hour after noon hence her husband

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter