Angina

Perfect Nurse

A young man stood before her.

HyeSoo's eyes traveled in wonder from the defined manly face down to the jeans and casual shoes.
 
"Hello," he bowed slightly. "I'm No MinWoo."
 
He paused, waiting for a response, but HyeSoo couldn't recall any words.
 
"You must be Song HyeSoo?"
 
She blinked up at him silently.
 
He was older than she was. A man. Early twenties?
 
The words kept repeating in her mind. He wasn't her MinWoo.
 
Finally regaining control, she forced a smile, "Yes, I'm HyeSoo..." Her eyes narrowed questioningly, "But.. why..?" She caught herself, "Do I know you?"
 
The man.. MinWoo, shut the door and leaned against the wall. He regarded her with cool eyes and responded, "I don't know how you would know me, but I suppose you're the only one that knows whether you do or not. So, do you know me?"
 
 HyeSoo looked at him with big eyes and shook her head.
 
MinWoo smirked, "See how easy that was?" He made his way over to her, sat down on the bed, and continued, "Now the real question is, why am I here?"
 
HyeSoo would have normally jokingly said, "Well, aren't you the one that would know the answer to that?" But she just bit her lip and shook her head again, continuing to clench the sheets tightly.
 
"I know my beauty is shocking, but at least give me more than that," MinWoo reached out and grabbed her forearm and gently removed the cloth from her hands. He set two fingers lightly on the underside of her wrist. "I've been told that, basically, you've been told nothing, and that I shouldn't tell you anything." He let her go and took a pen out and a small sketchpad out of pocket and jotted a few numbers down.
 
HyeSoo's eyes widened hopefully, "But you're going to tell me?"
 
MinWoo laughed, "No. I'm going to do what I was told."
 
"Oh..." HyeSoo's expression unconsciously dropped to a frown.
 
He looked at her frown and sighed, "I may be able to tell you /some/ things, answer some of your questions." He stood to his feet and winked at her, "That is if you asked any."
 
HyeSoo's head was pounding and her heart throbbed. Though she didn't want to be rude, she really didn't feel like this sort of thing right now. Unwilling to respond, she slipped down into her bed and turned her back to him, curling up into a ball.
 
"Well, it's been great meeting you, HyeSoo. You're a real charmer." The smooth, relaxing voice hit her with biting words. "Perhaps by tomorrow you'll have something worthwhile to say." Why would he come here again? He paused, and she thanked the heavens. Then, he continued, "We both don't like the situation we're in, sweetheart, but we'll just have to deal with it. For the next three months, the hospital's assigned me to be your nurse."
 
She already didn't like him, but she couldn't help but wonder... why three months? 
 
Bitterly, she thought. It probably has something to do with money again.