Verbal Diarrhea

Perfect Nurse

MinWoo put his hands roughly in his pocket, feeling a sense of self-satisfaction.

 
He even smirked when MinWoo looked at him with a shocked expression. You forgot I was here, huh, pretty boy?
 
Then it was as if a light bulb lit above his head.
 
His eyes flew to HyeSoo. She had already lowered her head, allowing her hair to cover her face. Her fists were curled into a tight ball, shaking. 
 
In sadness? In anger? In loss?
 
His satisfaction quickly faded away as it dawned on him what he’d just done. 
 
Impulsive, not thought out, lacking a greater meaning behind it.
 
MinWoo had resorted to an action completely unlike him.
 
Why?
 
MinWoo searched his mind for an explanation- but he found none.
 
“Why are you here?” HyeSoo’s angry boyfriend brought MinWoo from his thoughts.
 
MinWoo hid behind a laugh.
 
He’d already dashed down this road of complete jerkhood, there was no way he could turn around now.
 
“I’m here to make sure you don’t mention something you shouldn’t say,” he continued to lean against the doorframe, raising his eyebrows in a challenging way.
 
“Something I shouldn’t say?”
 
“Unfortunately, you blurted half of the stuff out without even giving me a chance to intervene,” MinWoo narrowed his eyes, still trying his best to hide the guilt gnawing away at his stomach. “Do you have a case of verbal diarrhea, child? Perhaps you should get that checked out.” 
 
Satisfied with his last remark, MinWoo searched his pool of sarcastic retorts, waiting for the boyfriend to respond. It wasn’t he who responded next, though.
 
“How long?”
 
The voice that escaped HyeSoo was barely audible. It was nothing like the bright cheery one normally carried by the girl.
 
MinWoo felt his heart sink as he realized he’d have to make a resolve, he couldn’t stop now. He made his voice as emotionless as possible, “The day you were admitted to the hospital.”
 
HyeSoo’s voice was louder but less stable, “How? How did they die?”
 
MinWoo finally left the support of the wall and slowly made his way toward the couple, “A car accident. Your father was drunk... and your mother suffered the consequences.”
 
HyeSoo turned even paler and her arms began to shake more violently. MinWoo tried to get her to sit down, but she refused, “Was there a funeral?”
 
“For your-“ her boyfriend began, but MinWoo cut him off.
 
“Yes.” MinWoo arrived next to them.
 
“Why didn’t anyone tell me?” HyeSoo lifted her head and met his gaze, her eyes already red from hidden tears, wet from more waiting to fall.
 
The guilt hiding under MinWoo’s cool façade swept over him like a wave. He should have told her. Any decent person would have when they found out that the hospital hadn’t. 
 
The look that HyeSoo gave him provide him with any consolation.
 
Betrayal, confusion, distrust, and complete, utter despair.
 
Then, she broke. Her face distorted and her tears began to fall. “Why!?” This time her voice as like a choked scream. 
 
It was filled with so much pain.
 
The nurse impulsively reached out to comfort her, but MinWoo beat him to it.
 
The young baseball player wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, giving her a place of solace, listening to her cries.
 
After a few moments, MinWoo couldn’t take it any longer. 
 
He began to exit, but not without stopping to murmur coldly in MinWoo’s ear, “When you two are done, meet me in the hall- and don’t say anything about her father.”
 
MinWoo accepted the boyfriend’s accusing stare and reluctant nod before walking as calmly as he could to the door.
 

I had a lot of trouble writing this chapter. I wrote it once through. It was written awfully for at least the first page, but once I got into it, I ended up making myself cry. Perhaps because I know the feeling of loss that HyeSoo has. How utterly alone and cheated you feel when you lose someone so important to you.

My computer crashed, of course, and I did my best to rewrite the chapter. I think that HyeSoo's breakdown is not nearly as touching as it was before. *curses self- But I still hope that you guys were at least a little bit emotionally affected. ^^ 

Here I finally got to give you guys a better look at the "mysterious" Nurse MinWoo, and I got to give boyfriend MinWoo a little bit of light. He'll have more in the next chapter, don't worry!

Thank you ALL for your support, even though I'm reeling out these chapters pretty slowly. x3 & Thank you to my new subscribers. ^^