Therapeutic Magic

Perfect Nurse

HyeSoo blinked slowly, reverting to her original solution to boredom- staring at the wall. It was as white as ever.

MinWoo had been busy with other patients today, so he couldn't keep her company. Besides, she wasn't really in the mood for his harsh humor.
 
How long would it be before they let her out of this place? HyeSoo sighed, resting her cheek on her hand, leaning forward in boredom.
 
She heard a click and quickly turned to watch the door as it opened. Her lips curled into a smile as her boyfriend peeped around the door.
 
When he saw that she was awake and well, her boyfriend shuffled into the room, his small arms coping surprisingly well with the heavy bags hanging at his sides.
 
HyeSoo's mouth gaped open for a moment before she asked in awe, "What're those for?"
 
MinWoo put a finger to his mouth before a grin spread across his face, "Just wait."
 
HyeSoo's bottom lip puckered out in a pout, and she crossed her arms to show she was displeased.
 
Her boyfriend chuckled lightly before pulling a hat, a cape, and a wand out of one of the bags. He turned his back to her, throwing the cape and hat on with ease.
 
Before he even turned back around, HyeSoo was giggling.
 
Dramatically, MinWoo swept his cape around him and faced her with a deep bow, "I thought my lady might need a pick me up after all that's happened recently."
 
MinWoo pulled a rope from under his cape, an innocent, childish smirk decorating his face. "Today! You will witness miracles!" His face expression dropped a little, "A miracle will happen. To you, HyeSoo."
 
HyeSoo didn't seem to notice, she had her eyes fixated on the rope in MinWoo's hands. Her troubles somehow forgotten thanks to him, she clapped excitedly and laughed playfully, "What will your first miracle be, Magician No?"
 
"Well," MinWoo closed his fist around the rope, making sure she couldn't see any of it. "I will make this rope disappear." He used his other hand to make a few exaggerated fluttering motions, adding ridiculous faces to lighten the mood even more. Then, he twirled, opening both empty hands as soon as he faced her again.
 
HyeSoo opted to not point out the very similar rope that had just flown into the far corner of the room.
 
"For the next trick, I need an assistant." MinWoo put his hand above his eyes and searched the room as if he had a large audience. "Any volunteers?"
 
HyeSoo hopped up and down in her bed, then tentatively put an arm up.
 
"Ah! Yes!" MinWoo pointed to her and winked, "That lovely lady over there seems interested. Would you care to join me up here?"
 
HyeSoo's smile faltered, and she hesitated. 
 
MinWoo, as if able to read her mind, strode over to stand next to her and murmured, "Don't be shy, miss, I'll you up there." He held out an open hand.
 
For the first time in a while, HyeSoo's heart fluttered and her cheeks darkened to a shade of pink. She delicately took his hand as she slid out of the bed, using his support much more than she had initially intended due to her weak legs.
 
MinWoo led her to the center of the room, meeting her eyes shyly and reassuringly as he let her go.
 
He bent over, grabbing a few more props from his bags. A pencil, a sugar cube, and a cup.
 
He placed the cup in her hands, gesturing broadly around the room, again talking to his imaginary audience, "I need this beautiful volunteer to hold this cup for me!" He then slyly met her gaze and murmured, "Pick a number from one to nine."
 
HyeSoo could hardly contain her laughter. She cutely scrunched her face in thought, "Hmmm... seven?" She held up the appropriate amount of fingers clumsily.
 
She watched adoringly as MinWoo focused on scratching the number into the sugar cube. This was the dorky, cute MinWoo that she'd fallen for. She'd missed it so much.
 
When her boyfriend had finished preparing the cube, he clenched it tightly in his hand and then dropped it into the cup. "Now, give me your lovely hand again." 
 
HyeSoo shook her head, her body practically rocking with laughter, but she still gave it to him.
 
MinWoo squeezed her hand tightly, warmly, as he guided it over the mouth of the cup. "Look at your hand!" He gave HyeSoo another shining smile when he saw her surprised face, "I transferred the seven from the cube to your hand!"
 
HyeSoo feigned surprise and then clapped almost too spiritedly. "Wow! Magician No, you're amazing!"
 
Her boyfriend beamed at her before revealing a lighter and signature pink piece of paper. He carefully lit the latter on fire, proudly dropping to one knee as he handed her the product- a red rose.
 
She took it admiringly, "Thank you." She then winked at him. "Do you have another trick to show me?"
 
MinWoo shook his head, "I do, however, have another surprise."
 
HyeSoo looked at him with questioning eyes.
 
"I'm sure you'll love it." Once again, MinWoo searched his bags. He pulled out a thick, folded, wooden object and a few other common things like pictures frames and candles.
 
As soon as he set unfolded the wooden object, revealing that it was a small altar-like table, tears began to swell in HyeSoo's widened eyes.
 
MinWoo placed multiple pictures of HyeSoo's mother on the table and the candles as well. As gently as he could, he clasped her hands firmly around the small lighter he'd previously used.
 
He set a cushion in front of the table, then led her over and helped her kneel and light the scented candles.
 
HyeSoo was eternally grateful that her boyfriend had been considerate enough to arrange this. She'd been completely torn apart by the fact that she hadn't been able to attend her mother's funeral. Unable to gather up enough strength to thank him, she just sobbed in front of the altar, talking to her mother in broken words.

 

A fast update today! I originally was going to wait until the end of the week, but I wanted desperately to post it before the new Boyfriend MV was released. I wanted to appropriately post the teaser without looking like a dork. =P It's full of adorable MinWoo! (Funny thing is, Kwangmin is actually my bias. *giggles-) But I mean.. really.. Just look at MinWoo's ADORABLE expressions & actions. Who could hate that? *cuddles-

This chapter gives you guys a little look at HyeSoo and b!MinWoo's relationship. <3 It's so cute! 

Enjoy and comment! *shiny eyes- Comments make me write practically.. twenty times faster. ;D Thank you to those of you that have been commenting! I will start replying soon. =) *lazy author-