anorexia

Perfect Nurse

 

HyeSoo slid the food on her plate in circles. A small hole in each dish formed, giving the appearance that she'd eaten something.
 
The food was nasty. Gross. Unacceptable.
 
Or maybe she just wasn't hungry? Perhaps it was merely the fact that nothing sat well with her stomach that made everyone so unappetizing.
 
Though she felt better than the previous day physically, emotionally she was down in the dumps.
 
Adopted. No friends. No smarts. Apparently, no loving father. And as each hour passed, her little heart ached over the fact that the three most impotant people in her life other than her father had seemingly adandoned her.
 
The teenager had not seen her mother's face or heard her loving voice since the day she'd lost all her trust in her father.
 
HyoYeon had not visited or contacted her. HyeSoo simply couldn't accept that after all the time they had spent together, HyoYeon felt no loyalty, no love.
 
Then, of course, there was her dearest male friend. MinWoo had yet to arrive.
 
"Good morning, my little ray of darkness!"
 
HyeSoo's head jerked up and her eyes flew from her food to her visitor. She adressed him with a soft, quiet voice, "Good morning..." Why was he here this early in the morning? Didn't he have anything to do?
 
HyeSoo apparently didn't hide her emotions or thoughts very well, because MinWoo calmly explained the reason for his presence without her prompting, "I was supposed to check your blood and then feed you. I guess I'm a litte late?"
 
Feed her? He was talking about her like she was a dog! 
 
Her anger flared momentarily, but it was as if the small flame had been lit in the rain. Her exhaustion snuffed it out. All the could manage was to look at her "nurse" with blank eyes, not even a glare.
 
Just like the day before, MinWoo was dressed casually. He was leaning against the wall, watching her with a smirk plastered on his face.
 
"You know, even before I wanted to be a nurse I knew it takes more muscles to frown than to smile." He paused and then pointed underneath his eyes, "Those hideous eyebags make it obvious you're already tired. Stop wasting energy on frowning and smile a bit more, hon."
 
HyeSoo unconsciously slowly slid down to hide behind her food tray. She brought her hands to her face and covered her eyes, blushing from embarrassment.
 
MinWoo shook her head and ran a hand through his hair. Then, he sauntered over to his patient. His gentle nature kicked in and he delicately removed her hands from her face.
 
HyeSoo watched, for once distracted from her self-pity party. His touch initiated some sort of tingling on her skin. She narrowed her eyes and thought to herself darkly that it'd be wonderful if this was some sort of allergic reaction. Then, I won't have to deal with him anymore.
 
She threw a glare at him, just to complete the effect. Her expression quickly softened to an intense look of admiration. MinWoo was completely beyond her, concentrating on counting her pulse, his eyes looking up at the miniscule window that rested near the ceiling. The light fell on him, as if a special effect in a movie, illuminating his skin and making him glow.
 
Though HyeSoo didn't want to admit it, she concluded that MinWoo was undoubtedly handsome, no matter how sharp his tongue was. 
 
After a while, MinWoo stopped counting silently and looked at HyeSoo. He raised an eyebrow cockily, "Yes?" When HyeSoo made no response he sighed and continued, "Anyway, your pulse seems normal. Anything bothering you?"
 
Touched at his sensitivity and still a little in awe, HyeSoo thought deeply about his question, "I get why some of my friends wouldn't visit, but it bothers me how I haven't even seen my mother..." She purposefully left out her father.
 
"I'm not talking about emotionally, stupid-" It took a moment for her words to sink in. MinWoo's slightly annoyed expression sank to a bittersweet look of pity. "Ahh.. so they haven't even told you that?" He took in the innocent, large eyes that looked up at him expectantly. The nurse in training felt the urge to tell her everything, but he resisted, "Poor girl."
 
HyeSoo felt her blood rush to her face as her nurse leaned forward and looked straight into her eyes. "Who do you want to see most right now?"
 
Faces swept through HyeSoo's mind. Not HyoYeon, not her mother, her father...? Why would she want to see him? She felt drawn to saying his name. Instead, she blirted out someone who she thought would help her. "MinWoo."
 
MinWoo furrowed his brow, "Was that supposed to be cute? I'm trying to be nice here and-"
 
"Not you!" HyeSoo cut him off hastily, "My boyfriend. No. Min. Woo."
 
The confusion on MinWoo's face faded, "Oooooh." He ignored the small sinking feeling in his stomach. 
 
They sat for a moment, looking at each other blankly.  Finally, MinWoo stood, grabbing her tray with one hand, shoving the other into his pocket. "I'll see ya tomorrow, okay?"
 
HyeSoo nodded and watched him exit the room.
 
When he'd gone, she slumped back into her bed. Great. Another boring twelve hours of doing nothing.
 
She examined the wall, taking in every abnormality she could see. A small scratch there. A dent there. Before she knew it, she was staring at the clock in amazement. It was already almost mid afternoon. Surely MinWoo's presence hadn't helped time pass that quickly?
 
She pushed that thought away, because God forbid that MinWoo was actually helping her. Instead, she turned to a much less important yet disturbing observation.
 
Why haven't they brought me lunch yet? 
 

@-oppa- Lol! Nosebleeds because they're so awesome or...? I put a lot of research into them. I'm trying to make this story as medically correct as I can. (While still keepin elements of drama *fail-)

@Minkwangie Thanks for still supporting me! And YES, MinWoo (the actor) is freaking y. ;D I was thinking no one would support him. Looks like MinWoo's gonna have competition with other MinWoo... Let's see how everyone feels after MinWoo (boyfriend) actually is in the story. lawl. I feel bad that he hasn't been seen much, yet.

 

Hello hello~! Sorry for taking /forever/ to update this. I wanted to get this chapter just right, because it ultimately (kind of) ends the chapters of "introduction." And I've been super busy. >-<

I know where the fic is going, but that's only the end. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get there, haha. I don't even know how long this fic is going to be... I guess I should cast a vote? But I'm too lazy to make a poll. *loser face-

I suppose everyone can just comment. Do you want this fic to be medium length or relatively long? Let me know~ I'll try my best to do what you guys want!

EDIT: Regarding the chapter name~ Anorexia with a lowercase "a" is often confused with Anorexia Nervosa. Anorexia Nervosa is the eating disorder; anorexia is simply a lack of appetite. =)