Those Hurtful Words

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car swiftly turned to the corner and passing the front side of the building, when Ji Hyo requested Jong Kook to slow down and stopped right in front of the bus stand. She rolled down the side window, "Yaa.. are you waiting for bus at this hour? Or there'll be someone coming for you?"

 

Joong Ki approached the car and lowered his body to talk to the passenger, "Ye.. I'll be alright, sunbae. Someone is coming."

 

"Are you sure?" she asked and he responded with a nod. So she said, "Geurae. Don't be late for work tomorrow.. and let me know if no one coming for you before midnight. Get a good rest, Joong Ki. I'll see you tomorrow." He waved goodbye and watched as the car drove away from him. It was a simple conversation, but it made him happy. "Aish.. if it wasn't because of him, I would have joyfully accepted her offer. Perhaps there'll be next time," Joong Ki was feeling hopeful for another subtle moment with Ji Hyo.

 

In the car, there was a temporary silence between the driver and his passenger. As they have about 15 minutes left before arriving at Ji Hyo's place, Jong Kook casually asked if she was tired. "I can hear my bed calling me oppa," Ji Hyo replied with her eyes closed. He glanced at the woman and saw her yawning, "You've been working too hard Ji Hyo yah. Maybe you should consider taking a break from work? Perhaps.. a vacation?"

 

She shook her head, "Now it's not the time for vacation. I have an important client to attend to and tomorrow is our first meeting. Hence a lot of stuff to prepare."

"Aah.. very important client is it?" he giggled.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. I'm glad to know that you're very dedicated to your work. Your boss must be so proud of you."

"I hope so.. thank God I have Joong Ki to help."

"Joong Ki? Your new assistant? That boy I just met whom you care so much?"

"Of course! I need to care about the wellbeing of my teammates."

"Is that so? Not because he's cute?"

"Aish oppa.. don't be ridiculous! So you do agree that he's cute, right?"

 

"I didn't say that!" his denial made Ji Hyo burst out laughing. Finally they reached her place at almost midnight. After wishing goodnight to each other, Jong Kook drove away and disappeared into the night. Ji Hyo went into her house and went straight to her bedroom. Then she suddenly remembered about Joong Ki and immediately checking her mobile phone. There was a message from the young man:

'I have safely arrived home. Hope you are too. Thank you for your concern, sunbae.. or may I call you noona? Goodnight and sweet dreams.'

 

She smiled and put her phone away. After refreshing herself in the shower, Ji Hyo was ready to fall asleep. Because her body was restless, it did not take much time for her to sail in dreamland.

 

Since Jong Kook had already informed her that he would not be able to send her to work, Ji Hyo took a taxi and arrived at her workplace around 8am. When she was approaching the lift, she heard a familiar voice calling for her, "Noona! Wait up!". She stared at Joong Ki with widened eyes for addressing her informally. So when he was able to catch up with her, she then talked to him in a whispering voice, "Yaa.. call me sunbae when we're at work."

 

"Arasso. By the way sunbae, did your boyfriend sent you to office today?" he suddenly asked. Ji Hyo was surprised that the young man had such a courage to speak casually with her. Yet she reluctantly responded to his question as they were the only two persons waiting for the lift, "Ahni.. and he's not my boyfriend. One more thing, we are not supposed to discuss our personal matters during office hours. Are we clear?"

 

He nodded with a smile. Despite her fierce warning, Joong Ki was not afraid to stand close to the lady as he followed her into the lift. He wished to hold her hand for a little skinship, but that would not be possible considering the 'invisible boundary' that she set between them. As an alternative, Joong Ki purposely swung his right hand back and forth so it would touch hers naturally. While she was looking at the floor number, he quietly sniffed her hair as he was very drawn to the scent of her perfume. All

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter