To Love Is To Hurt

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure.. this is what you want?"

 

The wicked smile sent shivers to anyone who saw the face of the dark witch, yet it failed to change the mind of the young man. He was nervous. His lips felt dry. Not even sure if he was ready for the consequences, but he nodded in agreement. "Ye.. this is my wish," he answered briefly and the witch responded with a sinister laugh. "Very well. But remember.. there's always a price," the witch reminded before chanting the magic spell.

 

'This is it. No turning back,' the little voice in his head whispered. He smiled. The young man was ready to claim his 'grand prize'.

 

3 years later...

 

There were many people browsing the areas filled with books on Finance and Accountancy, which was the reason the two good friends had to talk louder in the bookstore. "Did you find the book?" So Min asked, to which Ji Hyo responded with a pouty lips while shaking her head in disappointment. So Min grabbed her friend's hand as she wanted to take her out from the crowd and go for another book hunt at different store, but they accidentally bumped into a man who was in a rush.

 

"Aigoo! Mianada.." the guilty face turned into happy reaction as he recognized the lady who was about to curse him. With a bit of hesitation, he called out her name, "Ji Hyo? Is it really you?". At first she was clueless. But after few seconds of staring at him, she was able to return his smile, "Jong Kook oppa?". He nodded in excitement while wrapping his arms around her as the two exchanged greetings.

 

So Min put up her hand, "Hello?? Care to introduce me?". Ji Hyo giggled as she apologized to her good friend, "Mianhae.. I forgot to introduce you. Oppa.. this is So Min, my friend from the same workplace. So Min.. this is Jong Kook oppa. My..". She was hesitated for a while, "Friend.."

 

"Boyfriend.." he extended his hand to So Min who was in shock by Jong Kook's unexpected response, but Ji Hyo quickly corrected him. "Ex.. boyfriend. We broke up few years before," Ji Hyo hid her face as she explained the situation to So Min. With mouth agape, So Min nodded and smiled awkwardly, "I see.. so there were histories." To cut off the silence, So Min made a suggestion, "Why don't you two go for a cup of coffee and do some catching up? I'll see you later unnie!"

 

She wanted to stop her friend from leaving, but it was too late. So Min was no longer in sight after waving goodbye and walking away from them in hurry. Honestly, Ji Hyo was not ready for the unexpected encounter with someone who used to be her lover. The breakup left her with lots of painful memories that she tried hard to bury them deep within her heart, hoping it will stay there for a longer time. Unfortunately, fate forced her to revisit the scene from the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter