The Confession

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is everything okay?" Jong Kook asked. Ji Hyo forced a smile and bowed her head a little, "I'm sorry Mr. JK for my team's behaviour. Some of us are still new to this working environment, hope you will forgive my assistant for his ignorance." Jong Kook nodded. He felt pity for Ji Hyo, but at the same time he admired her professionalism in managing the embarrassing situation. Deep in his heart he was thankful that such thing happened when he was the client. Else, Ji Hyo might be answerable to her superior for allowing her assistant to act irrationally during a meeting.

 

At Ji Hyo's request, they waited for the young man to return before continuing their discussion. Joong Ki only reentered the meeting room about 2 minutes later. It took a while for him to say, "I wish to apologize to Mr. JK for my behaviour. I will do my best to improve myself. Please accept my apology." The young man bowed to Jong Kook until he was told to go back to his seat. Ji Hyo was able to smile naturally knowing that her assistant made the right decision to follow her advice. She was hoping that it will be a lesson learnt for the young man so he would not overreact again in the near future especially in front of an important client.

 

After concluding the discussion, Ji Hyo accompanied her VIP client to the exit as everyone else were starting to leave the room. "If you don't mind, shall we discuss further over lunch?" Jong Kook made an offer to Ji Hyo in front of her teammates. Joong Ki who was there with them, was not able to hide his disappointment, "Sunbae.. if you don't need me for now, can I excuse myself?". She nodded. The young man immediately left once he gotten permission from Ji Hyo.

 

"Your assistant is very protective of you," Jong Kook nudged the woman's arm lightly as they headed to his vehicle.

She giggled, "Ah ni! He was speaking on behalf of the team. They were all working very hard and late last night."

He opened the passenger door for her, "That's not how I see it." Once she got in, Jong Kook went into the driver seat. He continued their conversation while wearing his seat belt, "You need to be extra careful with him, Ji Hyo yah. Young boy like him can be fragile or unstable at his age. You may not agree with me.. but obviously he was eying on you."

"You're not the first person to tell me that," she briefly said, which got Jong Kook surprised.

"Jinjja?"

She nodded, "So Min had the same thought as you.. but I'm not sure how that is possible."

"Why is it not possible? I mean.. you do know how pretty you are, right? If I hadn't known you, I would think that you're an actress.. or someone famous."

She looked away while smiling shyly, "You think I'm pretty?"

"Of course! You're my pretty Ji Hyo," his eyes were gleaming as he praised the woman next to him.

She chuckled, "Say that again."

"My pretty Ji Hyo," he repeated.

 

My pretty noona - the words he scribed in his notebook before he decided to strike it through. Joong Ki tore the paper, then crumpled it before throwing into the dustbin. He looked around. The office was empty during the lunch hour. His eyes were shifted to the desk next to his. Since no one was there, Joong Ki took the opportunity to sit on Ji Hyo's chair.

 

He found himself smiling as he scanned through her belongings. He got attracted to the red shawl that Ji Hyo had left on her desk as it smelled just like her, so Joong Ki decided to secretly 'keep it' in his backpack. Then his eyes caught a picture of his superior with a man he had never seen before which was pinned to the soft board.

 

"How many men are there in your life?" he talked to the picture after taking it off from the soft board. At first he wanted to tear the man's picture apart, but he got a better idea. Joong Ki immediately went to the photostat machine which was n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter