Not Your Man

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exactly at 2pm, the team meeting started. As a newcomer, Joong Ki mostly observed how everyone reacted throughout the discussion. He was impressed that each of them knew their role so well, however the one that caught his attention most was the words that came out from his superior's mouth. From the way she talk, Joong Ki sensed her strong presence as a leader and a respected boss to others. He could tell that Ji Hyo was very clear in her direction as none of the members were saying 'no' to her.

 

But her sudden question to him made him startled, "Have you scheduled our meeting with client?". Joong Ki was slightly nervous to answer as all eyes were on him. His voice was trembling, "No.. no meeting yet." She gave him a sharp stare, "Mwo? Can you repeat that?". Joong Ki looked to his left and right for 'moral support', but they were all had straight faces. He could tell he was alone to face the music, "I.. I have not been able to.. call the client." Feeling that his superior was about to blow up, the young man quickly apologized and bowed his head, "Joesonghamnida. I will do that immediately."

 

"How dare you to come to this meeting unprepared and simply say 'no'?!" Ji Hyo raised her voice at Joong Ki then turned to another team member next to her, "Seo Jin ssi.. what have I said about saying 'no' in my meeting?".

The person replied, "Saying 'no' is for a loser.. unless it's between life or death."

"Exactly. So Joong Ki ssi.. are you a loser who has no interest to be part of this team.. or are you going to do your job better and get the appointment date done as instructed?" Ji Hyo asked firmly while staring with dagger eyes at the young man.

 

After that intense moment, the meeting resumed on different topics. Although the others were acting normal in the room, Joong Ki was not able to 'pretend' that he was not emotionally affected after being scolded by Ji Hyo. He was not able to put on his cheerful face throughout the meeting as he kept wondering if he had offended his superior big time. He also wondered if Ji Hyo had purposely picked on him as a newcomer just to prove that she is the boss.

 

Since a lot of questions remained unanswered, Joong Ki decided to confront his boss. He waited for everyone else to leave the room except Ji Hyo. "Sunbae.. may I talk to you for a while?" he asked politely, but received a cold stare from her instead. "Sit down and start talking," Ji Hyo responded. Joong Ki chose to sit right next to her, "I want to apologize again for letting you down. I hope you will give me another chance to prove myself since I'm still learning my way here.. so please teach me sunbae."

 

She let out a small sigh and sit back, "That's just one of many lessons that I'll be teaching you, young man. You want to know why I was upset? It's because this team is not just made of you and me. There are other people who rely on us to deliver our job well. A failure of one member means a failure to the whole team.. and as their leader, I will not allow one person's carelessness to affect the rest of us who have been working hard day and night. Arachi?"

 

He nodded and thanked the lady before walking towards the door. Joong Ki stopped when he heard Ji Hyo said, "It's good that you are willing to learn and never give up. I'm expecting more from a young man like you." Her words made him smiled. He turned and bowed respectfully to thank the lady before making his move. After Joong Ki left, Ji Hyo continued to focus on the documents in front of her while she was alone in the meeting room. About 5 minutes later, she received a phone call from Jong Kook. It was already expected as the muscular man would always contact her first whenever he decided to pick her up from office.

 

"Mianhae oppa. I might be late. Got a lot of work to do," Ji Hyo glanced at her wristwatch while her mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter