Not Going To Lose You

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unlike the person he used to know, Jong Kook could strongly felt a an evil presence within the guy who was standing right in front of him. That man might resembled a lot like his friend, but talked and acted differently than Ji Hoon. The fact that he killed the private detective without any sense of guilt gave reason for Jong Kook to doubt his every word, "Who are you.. or should I ask.. what are you?"

 

"That's a very good question. I must say that I was a little bit disappointed that you did not recognized your own work of art, hyung. Let me give you a hint then. I'm the thing that you've created.. Kim Jong Kook," a sinister smile appeared on Ji Hoon's face as he continued, "Thanks to you.. I'm able to walk freely on earth."

"I don't get it. If you're not Ji Hoon.. then.. who are you?!"

"Oh my.. you still can't tell? This is really frustrating. Maybe another clue will help to ring a bell. Yes.. I'm not Ji Hoon. I'm the 'price' he's willing to pay for his unrequited love."

It took a while for Jong Kook to understand, but the moment he realized it, he was able to relate to Ji Hoon's riddles, "So the spell has been broken. How?"

"That's not for me to answer, hyung. You know the rules. If you didn't show up and make that pretty lady betrayed her man once and for all.. we wouldn't have this conversation tonight. You see.. the 'old Ji Hoon' was a fool to think that he could contain the monster in him and save the life of his loved one. So he ran and ran as far as he could knowing that I was coming for her through him. But let's admit.. no one can beat the devil. Not even you."

"But why Ji Hyo? Why would you hurt her?"

"Because she's a threat to my existence! If I let her live.. she would probably forgive the old Ji Hoon and that will make him human again. But I'm glad that's not going to happen. Why? Because I've killed her.. when you weren't there."

 

"You filthy monster!" out of anger, Jong Kook lashed out at Ji Hoon and swung his fist at the man's face. However, Ji Hoon effortlessly blocked his attack and pushed the muscular man with just one hand - making Jong Kook growled in pain as his body hit hard on the ground. The evil Ji Hoon seemed to possess a remarkable strength that was no match for Jong Kook. He even laughed when seeing Jong Kook spit out blood from his mouth, "Didn't you hear what I've told you? You're not even a threat to me! I can just kill you if I want, but.. I've decided to spare your life since you are the one who brought me here. That's why you're still breathing.. and she's not."

 

The night has fallen, but Ji Hyo was not able to get rid of the young man or persuade him to untie her hands. Joong Ki hardly left the room, therefore she could not have some privacy to do anything she wanted. It made her frustrated and suffocated by his presence at the same time. "Yaa.. how am I supposed to take a shower with my hands tied?" she scolded him, but he just giggled and watched her struggling to set her hands free. He even made her bursted out furiously when he said, "Let me wash you then. I've done it before when you were unconscious for 3 days."

 

"Mwo? You took advantage on me?! I'm so going to kill you.." before she could finished her sentence, he covered with his hand. "You're making too much noise, noona. Do you want to attract dangerous people to this place?"

Joong Ki removed his hand when she began to mumbled, "I don't feel safe with you either! You're so dead if Jong Kook oppa is here."

"But he's not! You only have me, noona. Come.. let me help you.. ouch! Hey!" Joong Ki was beaten up furiously by Ji Hyo with her tied hands for trying to carry her in his arms.

"Jugeullae?!" she screamed at him.

"Wae geurae?! I was just trying to help!"

"Don't you dare to touch me!"

 

As she kept kicking and hitting him, Joong Ki had to 'contained' the angry lady by cuddling her tight in his arms. When she couldn't move, he then spoke to her ear, "Do you have any idea how scared I was when I thought that I was going to lose you? When I found you that night.. the only thing that matters to me is to keep you alive."

 

Reflecting the night of the attack...

 

Instead of going home as he had promised, Joong Ki watched from afar as Ji Hyo entered Jong Ko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter