Searching For Clue

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a complete silence throughout the journey as Jong Kook was very distracted by the sudden disappearance of Ji Hyo. The words from one of the police officers kept haunting his mind, "Since the victim was last seen more than 48 hours ago.. we must consider all the other possibilities, sir. Hence our team will also be checking out if there's any new body sent to the mortuary within the radius. It will help to rule out our assumptions."

 

He understood exactly what the police had explained to him, but Jong Kook was not ready to consider the chance that Ji Hyo could be dead by the time they found her. Without he realized, tears were falling from his eyes. He had never been so scared of losing someone important in his life before. Jong Kook was extremely devastated and blamed himself for failing to protect the woman he loved. Her smile, her voice and her presence were everything that he dearly missed. It hurts him so much just to think that he might be too late to safe Ji Hyo from any sort of danger.

 

"Stop the car!" Jong Kook quickly instructed the driver as he spotted a familiar figure on the street. The person just came out from a pharmacy with a platic bag in hand, so Jong Kook decided to follow that person on foot. It took him to the same place where he was heading to. Before the person could enter the building, he immediately ran towards the guy and tapped him on the shoulder, "Joong Ki ssi. I need to talk to you."

 

The young man was surprised by his unexpected presence at his neighbourhood, "Mr. JK? What brings you to this side of the town?". Jong Kook's eyes spotted the plastic bag that Joong Ki was trying to hide behind his back. He was suspicious of his action, so Jong Kook followed his instinct and started to question the young man, "Are those medicines? For who?". At first Joong Ki refused to answer and tried to escape from the muscular man, but when Jong Kook forcefully pinned him against the wall, he finally talked, "For me! It's for me. I.. I fell from my bike yesterday."

 

Jong Kook began to scan the young man's from head to toe and saw a fresh scar on his left arm, "How did you get that?"

"I've told you already.. I had an accident yesterday. Why does it matter?" Joong Ki questioning the way his assaulter behaved.

"You know I will beat you up if you're lying," Jong Kook was not hesitated to use his strength to get to the truth. He even pushed him harder, "Now where's Ji Hyo? Did you do something to her? Tell me!"

Joong Ki's voice was trembling, "I don't know! Jinjja.. Mr. JK, I have no idea what you're talking about. I just went to buy medicine for myself."

"Liar! You're the last person who saw her, didn't you?!"

"That was 5 days ago! We.. we went for dinner together. But that's all. I didn't do anything. I swear!"

"But it was you who sent her resignation letter on behalf, wasn't it? Wasn't it?!"

"Yes.. yes! It was me.. but we didn't meet at all. It was sent to me through an email. I only did as she told. Please.. let me go. I'll tell you everything that you want to know."

 

Finally Jong Kook released the young man from his powerful grip. He then forced Joong Ki to bring him up to his apartment. Once inside, he continued to interrogate the young man without mercy, "Let me remind you that I'm not afraid to use my full strength on you right now. So talk! Or you will get more than just that scar on your arm."

 

The scaredy young man began to tell his side of the story, "That same day after you came for the meeting, I went for a dinner with noona. We talked.. then someone sent her a text message and she was suddenly rushing to go home. I offered her a ride, but she insisted to wait for taxi. Then when I reached my apartment, I called her around 10pm just to check if she has safely arrived. She told me that she might not b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter