Surprises In Our Lives

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She could not digest the thing that Jong Kook had said to her and therefore she questioned him, "How can you easily assume that? Have you ever ask me how I feel? What I really want in a relationship?". At first, he just kept quiet. When she urged him to answer, Jong Kook reluctantly replied, "Didn't you tell him that you love him?". She was surprised that he did overheard her final conversation with Ji Hoon despite he was standing quite far from them, "Well I.. yes, I've said that. But that's because I remembered him as my ex-fiance.. not some kind of evil demon who went crazy for trying to kill me!"

 

"Still.. you"ve said that.."

 

"Yes, oppa.. I love him, alright? But it was more as someone who has been good to me. We've practically shared our lives together when we were.. in a relationship. If you hadn't been too busy worrying about the words that I said to him, you probably would have noticed that I'm wearing the proposal ring that you gave me." Although he heard her, but it was still confusing to him as it sounded like too good to be true. But the moment he saw the ring on her finger, Jong Kook had to confirm her decision, "Is that.. meaning that you.."

 

She nodded. Ji Hyo formed a smile as her eyes filled with happy tears, "Yes, Kim Jong Kook oppa. I accept your marriage proposal and I'm ready to become your Mrs. Kim for the rest of my life. Unless.. you change your mind.."

 

"No! No! Of course not. I would never.. wow.. jinjja? Omo.. thank you so much Ji Hyo yah!" he was so thrilled by her acceptance that he naturally lifted her up and spinned a full circle to celebrate the beautiful moments. Once he got her feet on the floor again, Jong Kook excitedly cupped Ji Hyo's face with his hands, "You just make me the happiest man on earth, my love." She laughed a little as he pulled her into his cuddle and caressed her hair with affection. While wrapping her arms around his masculine body, Ji Hyo reminded her man of the things that need to be done, "I'm glad that we finally survived this.. but we have a lot to settle before we can talk about marriage, oppa. You heard the officer, right? I need to do full medical check up soonest possible as they need an official report from the doctor for my case."

 

Jong Kook nodded, "When do you plan to do it? I can go with you if you want."

"It's okay oppa, I can go by myself. It's not like we have anything to worry about. Besides.. you've been away from work long enough, right Mr. JK? I know you're needed at your office. Unlike me.. who is now jobless."

He giggled, "Why do you need to work when you're going to be Mrs. Kim Jong Kook? I have more than enough money for both of us. You just need to ask me if you need anything, arasso?"

"I know money is not an issue for you.. but I'm yet to be married to the wealthy Mr. JK, remember?"

"That's strange.. felt like we've been married for years! Anyway, keep this with you all the time. I have saved my number as your quick dial," he gave her a new set of handphone as she had lost hers during the incident.

 

Meanwhile for Joong Ki, he kept moving as far as he could into the woods, knowing that he already became a fugitive for killing Ji Hoon. Despite his body was badly injured from the fight, he has no choice but to continue his journey in order to find a safer place for him to hide from the police. As day turned into night, Joong Ki decided to take a rest by sitting down behind a big rock in between the bushes. He was already out of breath and his lips felt dry, but there was no food or water around the area for him to recharge his energy.

 

Alone in the dark, he reflected the crime that he committed, "Oh God.. what have I done?".  Then Ji Hyo's face came to his mind, "Don't worry, Joong Ki. You're a good guy. You did that to save her. She will thank you later. I know she will." He tried to 'motivate' himself by justifying his action of killing Ji Hoon, however he could not overcome his fear of the consequences should he got caught by the police. The life behind bars was never part of his future plan, however his obsession for Ji H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter