Hard Life

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking out from the doctor's room, she suddenly felt lightheaded. Ji Hyo quickly sat on a bench with forehead resting against hands as she tried to process the information that the doctor has shared with her. 'How can this be possible? What am I supposed to tell to Jong Kook oppa?' she was anxious to anticipate her man's reaction should she be honest with him about her unexpected pregnancy. She rubbed her hand against her belly, trying to accept her fate as a new mother. Not that she refused to welcome the little human who was growing in her womb, but she was more concerned of the future of her child without the presence of the biological father.

 

After sitting at the waiting area for almost half an hour, she was finally ready to leave the hospital building and went back to Jong Kook's mansion by taxi. Once arrived, Ji Hyo went straight to her room and threw herself on the bed. She was too overwhelmed with the idea of raising a child out of wedlock, hence she ended up crying her heart out when the emotion became too much to handle. Just when she thought that all the hard days were over, another bombshell was dropped to test her relationship with Jong Kook. Ji Hyo started to doubt having a peaceful marriage with her man, especially with the presence of a baby who is not his.

 

While she was still drenched in her sadness, a call from Jong Kook went through her phone. He could easily tell that she was crying from the tone of her voice, "Oh wae geurae my love? Is everything okay? What did the the doctor say?". As she did not want him to feel suspicious or anxious, Ji Hyo pretended that nothing went wrong, "Ah ni oppa. I just.. got carried away watching a drama online. Anyway, doctor told me not to worry so much as there's no major injury. I only need to rest and monitor my own condition until I'm fully recovered. I'll tell you more when you get back. Are you going to be late?"

 

"I will do my best to be home early. Since I've been away for long, there's quite a lot of pending works to be done. Do you want me to buy you something for dinner?"

"Aish oppa.. have you forgotten that I'm jobless now? Gwaenchana. Your maid is kind enough to prepare delicious meal for me. I'll be fine."

He giggled, "Aigoo.. it's already became a habit for me to ask you about dinner on work days. I totally forgot that you're staying at my place.. I mean.. our place now. Can't wait for the day when you officially move in my pretty Ji Hyo."

 

"Me too," she said, but the truth was Ji Hyo could not erase the doubt that she had about her future as the wife to Kim Jong Kook while having a baby that belonged to another man. Regardless, she did her best to carry the conversation as natural as possible, hoping that her man would not have noticed any change in her emotion.

 

However at the end of the call, Jong Kook had a feeling that his woman was not as thrilled as him whenever he brought up the marriage topic. He could sense that she was bothered by something, but not sure what it was. As the thought about her had distracted his focus at work, Jong Kook decided to leave his office earlier than he had planned. Before reaching home, he made a stop at a bakery and bought a mini cake in hope to cheer up Ji Hyo. Once arrived, Jong Kook purposely told his maid not to inform his bride-to-be about his arrival as he would like to surprise her.

 

Once he was ready, Jong Kook knocked softly on the door and waited for Ji Hyo to unlock it. As expected, she was surprised to see him with a cake in his hands. "Make a wish, my love," he said as he gave a signal for Ji Hyo to blow the candle. It made her grinning from ear to ear, "What's the occasion? I don't think it's my birthday today." He shook his head, "This isn't for your birthday. I just want us to celebrate our relationship and to more years of happiness. Quick.. make a wish before the candle went out."

 

As requested, Ji Hyo closed her eyes f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter