New Phase Of Life

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you talking about? There's nothing going on between me and Jong Kook oppa. Geurae.. I was with him yesterday, but it's not like I'm the one who invited him to my place. He came to see me out of nowhere. He didn't sleepover if that's what you're curious about. It's true, yeobo. We only talked. Jinjja!" Ji Hyo defended herself while trying her best to hide her anxiety. She purposely left the part about 'the kiss' that made her heart fluttered for Jong Kook, as that would give more reason for Ji Hoon to question her loyalty towards him.

 

However, the way she responded made Ji Hoon formed a weak smile, "The fact that you gave me such a long and detailed explanation even when I'm not asking for it, tells me that you're feeling guilty right now. That can only mean one thing, Ji Hyo. You still have feeling for him.. and I was your reason to hesitate. So tell me.. how accurate am I this time?"

 

She lost words. Nonetheless, Ji Hyo silently admitted that Ji Hoon knew her too well. As nothing can be said, her only reaction was to break into tears while apologizing to the man over and over again. Ji Hoon was not able to control his emotion too. His eyes became watery. Gently, he plated a kiss on her head as he caressed her hair. With sadness, he spoke to her softly, "It's not your fault, Ji Hyo. I just want you to be happy. We may not end our relationship with a marriage, but I have no regret. I'm glad I had the chance to be your man. No matter what your heart decides, you will always be my princess. So please.. wipe your tears and smile. Saranghae."

 

Since that day, she had not heard anything from Ji Hoon. It seemed like the man had decided to 'disappear' from her life for good, without giving her the chance for a proper goodbye. Ji Hyo did went to his office with hope to see his face even just from far apart, but to her disappointment, Ji Hoon had left the company and took an overseas assignment without leaving a word. No one knows his whereabout, so Ji Hyo took it as a sign that he would not be coming back any soon, despite he had told her that he loved her with every beat of his heart.

 

Throughout those difficult moments, Jong Kook continued to stay by her side. He was the one to drive her to the airport when Ji Hyo wanted to catch up with Ji Hoon's flight, and he was there too to console her after Ji Hoon left the country for almost 3 weeks now. He tried to cheer her up by singing songs to her, but mostly Jong Kook comfort Ji Hyo with a warm cuddle each time she broke into tears.

 

"Gomawo oppa. Mianhae, I have been dragging you into my relationship problem.. and now I became a burden to you," Ji Hyo apologized for the nth time to Jong Kook while they were having dinner together at her place. Almost every evening, he would come to her house and cooked or brought food for them both, although she rejected his kindness several times before. Not that she could not prepare a good meals herself, but whenever alone she had the tendency to skip eating time. So Jong Kook was worried that she might fall sick. After all, he truly enjoyed his new role as Ji Hyo's 'guardian'.

 

Jong Kook cut a small piece of meat that he grilled and shoved it to Ji Hyo, "Aish! Gwaenchana. You should eat well. Now open your mouth." She ate the meat from his chopsticks and chew it slowly. When he saw a splash of barbecue sauce on her upper lip, Jong Kook gave signal for her to clean it. But Ji Hyo missed the spot, so he got up from his chair and help to wipe it off with his fingers.

 

His action made her blushed, so she hid her face by staring at the floor. Jong Kook giggled at her reaction, "Omo.. don't be shy Ji Hyo yah. It's just the two of us here." She lifted her head and formed a smile as he shoved another piece of grilled meat. "You treat me so well, oppa. Whoever marrying you is the luckiest woman," Ji Hyo said after they are done with dinner.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter