Chapter 6

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Triwizard Tournament used to include fire-breathing dragons and other dangerous magical creatures, but they had scaled down since then as Park Minho, a 5th year contestant had suffered several burn injuries since then - requiring him to take the entire year off school to rest.

The school had cut down the number of tasks from three to two as the dragon's task was too dangerous, and had consistently changed the other two tasks every year.

One of the two tasks last year included contestants having to ingest a poison that could possibly paralyse your body for 24 hours if you don’t find the antidote within an hour. Only one contestant couldn’t find the antidote, and he spent the next 24 hours in the Hospital Wing as Madam Pomfrey fed him the antidote eventually. The boy couldn't continue with the tournament as a result due to the harmful toxins in the potions that stayed in his body for the next few weeks.

It sounded bizarre to Jihyun that anyone would ever want to subject themselves to injuries and hurt, but then she looked at her two friends and realised that sometimes, maybe it wasn’t by choice at all.

Instead of battling the dragons this time, each contestant was directly given a golden egg instead for the clues to the first task for safety reasons. The group had been analysing the two eggs for ages, but no one knew what to do with it.

It was a Saturday, and the group usually spent their day catching up with work in the library or soaking in the sun at the Great Lake - but today, they were stuck in the attic solving the clue.

They had tried everything to help - turn it, pry it open, twist it, knock it, using spells to break the egg, but nothing worked. Whenever they opened the golden egg, a screeching voice would fill the entire room, leaving them with no choice but to close it back quickly.

“How the  did anyone manage to crack these codes?” Jungkook huffed in frustration as he tried another spell on the egg.

Still no movement.

The group merely sighed as they continued looking through the different books they had borrowed from the library to figure out an alternative way to open the golden egg.

They were about to give up hope, when Jihyun came bursting into the attic with the widest smile on her face.

“Guys! I think I may have found out the answer!” Jihyun whispered as she entered the attic, constantly peering behind - as if she was afraid that someone might have heard her.

“What?!” The group shrieked in excitement as they gathered in the centre of the room.

“Okay, so I was on my way to the Prefects’ Bathroom for a shower, when I saw Eunhyuk coming out of it.” She said, and the boys’ held their breaths in anticipation of what she was going to say.

“After that, I heard Sehun and Yugyeom talking about it when they exited after him. They were talking about how Eunhyuk had talked about the clue after he went underwater with the egg. They said that it was merely a stupid idea they proposed, but it had actually worked. Eunhyuk ran off before telling them what the clue was though.” Jihyun explained what she saw, and the boys’ widened their eyes in surprise.

“So we just have to go underwater with our eggs?” Taehyung said in confusion as he observed the golden egg.

“The only way to know is to try.” Jungkook shrugged with a sigh as he took the golden egg under his arms. “Thanks Ji.” He said with a genuine smile while the girl shook her head, “I hope it helps.”

“Tae, the password to the prefects’ bathroom is “Cauldron Cakes”, go take a bath there and see if it works.” Jihyun said as she placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“What would I do without my best friend?” He gave his signature boxy smile and a side hug before rushing off after Jungkook.

--

Jungkook headed to the prefects’ bathroom first since Taehyung had realised last minute that he had quidditch practice with the Slytherin team.

Filling up the bathtub with water, he took off his robes before clutching onto the golden egg tightly. He gently lowered himself into the bathtub, letting out a relieved sigh when the hot waters provided warmth to his tired body.

When the water was high enough, he lowered himself carefully into the tub, still holding onto the golden egg.

He observed the magical artefact when it was underwater - nothing was happening.

Gasping for breath when he emerged from the water, he observed the golden egg and didn’t understand what went wrong. He went underwater with the egg, why was it not working?

Maybe I could try opening it this time.

Decided to try one more time, he lowered himself with the golden egg again, this time attempting to open the item.

A large ball of light shot through the opening instantly, blinding him as he almost dropped the golden egg onto the bottom of the bathtub.

He stood up quickly to gasp for breath again before closing the egg.

Widening his eyes in surprise, a small smile crept onto his face as he went back into the water - this time taking in a large amount of air to suffice his hold underwater.

A ball of light shot through again when he opened, and he could hear sounds coming from it. It wasn’t shrieking screams like before - when he listened carefully, it sounded as if they were singing a song.

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour, the prospect's black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

When the song finished, he shot out of the water, gasping for air as he had held his breath for a long time. Finally catching his breath, he quickly dried his hands before reaching out to his bag and pulled out a plain notebook, wr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter