Chapter 11

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had spotted her the moment she entered. Ahreum was talking about how she had custom-made her dress with jewels purchased from London, but Jungkook had already tuned her out completely as the brown-haired girl entered the room with her hands around another man.

Jungkook always thought she was pretty, but this time, it was different. It seemed like the entire room was empty, as he could only focus on Jihyun in her black-silk dress and white high-heeled pumps. She had curled her long locks and took off her usual black spectacles, donning on contact lenses instead - showing off her large eyes and small face. 

He hadn’t even noticed how he was so lost in his thoughts till their eyes met, and the man beside her had turned around, revealing the Ravenclaw’s beater - the very same person who had knocked him out during the Quidditch finals. He shot a disdained expression before turning away.

--

She was the worst dancer ever. With two left feet, Eunhyuk had to lead her throughout the dance as he twirled her around and pulled her across the dance floor. She flushed in embarrassment when she saw Jungkook and Taehyung dancing gracefully with their partners, and shot a glare towards Hoseok who was snickering as he noticed that she almost fell from her heels. 

“Just relax and trust me.” Eunhyuk said reassuringly as he tightened his hold on her waist and bent her down for a dip. He caught her securely, and twirled her out into a spin before pulling her back in front of him again. 

“See, it’s easy.” He said while she chuckled, a sense of relief setting in as the rest of the school started joining in the dance when the first song came to an end. 

“I honestly at this, thank god you’re here.” She laughed, and Eunhyuk let out a wide smile. He loved it when Jihyun smiled wholeheartedly, it was one of his favourite things about her. 

“You wanna get some food?” Eunhyuk asked when he saw her glancing at the buffet table at every spin. Jihyun laughed in embarrassment, “I would love to. I’m literally starving.” Another thing he loved about the girl was the fact that she was entirely herself no matter who she was with.

“I’ll just get us something to eat, see you at the table?” Eunhyuk asked as he beckoned at the table where all their friends were already tucking into their food. 

“Sure, I’ll save you a seat.” She said with a smile as she headed towards the table. 

Settling in the seat beside Jin, her brother ruffled her hair the moment she arrived.

“Stop messing with my hair.” Jihyun wagged her fingers accusingly at the both of them while they laughed. “You look good today, Ji.” Namjoon complimented from across the table while Jin nodded, “Yeah, I can’t believe our little sister’s growing up so quickly.” He said as he pinched her cheeks, distorting her face. 

“You’re acting like Hobi now.” She rolled her eyes, and Hoseok shot a glare towards her while she stuck out her tongue playfully. 

“So you chose to go with Eunhyuk instead of me?” Jungkook asked crossly as he stomped up to the table, staring at Jihyun in anger. 

“Yeah, so what?” Jihyun taunted, and Jungkook narrowed his eyes angrily, “Firstly, he’s Tae and I’s competitor. Secondly, he shot me with the bludger which knocked me unconscious in the last game. You are literally doing this to anger me, isn’t it?” 

“You think too highly of yourself, Jungkook. Tae doesn’t even care that I’m here with Eunhyuk even though he’s one of the competitors, and secondly, don’t blame Eunhyuk for the bludger that your beater couldn’t defend.” Jihyun pointed at Ahreum who was standing at the punch table with one of her friends. 

“So you’re defending him over someone you’ve known for six years?” Jungkook asked, and Jihyun merely scoffed, “Well, unlike someone who I’ve known for six years, at least I’m not the last choice for him.” 

The table shot confused looks towards each other while Jihyun was shaking in anger. 

“What do you mean, Ji?” Jungkook asked in puzzlement, and Jihyun continued. “I heard you.” She said softly, but Jungkook had still caught it. “I’m just a safe and easy choice, isn’t it?” Jihyun said, and it finally struck Jungkook what she was talking about. 

“Ji, I’m sure that’s not what Jungkook meant.” Taehyung said as he stood up from the table, recalling the conversation he ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter