Chapter 15

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It first started in the feet. He felt his feet grow uncomfortably in his shoes, expanding slowly but surely.

Jihyun hadn’t noticed it since she was still raving to him about some interesting fact from the book she was reading today, but Jungkook knew he was slowly changing back to his original self.

He took a quick look at his wrist watch and realised that he had five more minutes till the hour was up.

“Ji… I have to go.” He said as he felt his arms and legs slowly growing back to its original size under his robes.

“Where are you going?” Jihyun asked in confusion as Jungkook stood up. “I… I have to do something for a professor. I’ll catch you later!” Jungbkook said hurriedly before Jihyun could retort, and ran off towards the classroom.

Ignoring the grunts and muffled annoyances from the students that he was pushing away along the hallway, he finally arrived at the classroom that he and Taehyung had parted at.

When he arrived, he saw the older boy sitting on one of the tables with a magazine and heaved a sigh of relief. Taehyung had a wide smile on his face when he saw him, while Jungkook was panting as if he had been chased by a group of trolls.

He whipped a handheld mirror out of his pocket and could see Taehyung’s signature hairstyle slowly turning back to his original soft and lush chestnut-brown hair. The scar on his cheek that he had since he was young was slowly forming on his face again, and he could see his brown eyes coming back as Taehyung’s black eyes and arched eyebrows faded away.

Within seconds, he could feel his body enlarging back to its normal size, and he quickly peeled off Taehyung’s Slytherin robes before he could ruin them. He was finally back to normal.

“So, how was it?” Taehyung asked excitedly as Jungkook caught his breath.

“Craziest thing I’ve ever done.” Jungkook huffed as he took a swig of water from the table.

“But?” Taehyung asked with a smirk, “But I got the answers that I want.” Jungkook said with satisfaction, and Taehyung punched his fists in the air.

“Told you!” He shouted with a smug face while Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Fine, you're right."

He had never been so happy to admit his mistakes.

"You'd better have an awesome confession planned."

"I at these." Jungkook puffed his cheeks in frustration, "You know how I'm bad with my feelings."

"Oh come on! It’s Ji, you better make this good.” Taehyung wagged a finger as a warning while Jungkook nodded, “I’ll think about it.”

--

The trip to Hogsmeade had arrived quicker than expected. Jungkook had spent the past few days fretting over the perfect way to confess, but he still hadn't thought of a plan.

Taehyung had been suggesting countless ideas - from the commercialised gifts to a public confession, or even suggesting jewelry and expensive gifts. But Jungkook didn’t like any of it. He wanted the entire thing to be memorable, because that was what Jihyun was to him - special and memorable.

“What are you thinking?” Jihyun said all of a sudden as she popped up beside him, startling him slightly as he lost his footing and held onto a nearby table. She snickered when she saw his expression, “You look deep in thoughts.”

“N-nothing.” He stuttered, composing himself again. “Have you thought of what you wanted to do at Hogsmeade?” Jungkook asked while the girl shrugged, “Not really. I’m set on buying chocolate frogs, but that’s about it.”

“How about you?” She looked at him with anticipation, and he pursed his lips nervously before continuing, “I was wondering if you wanted to go to Madam Puddifoot’s with me.”

Jihyun bulged her eyes in surprise when she heard his words.

“M-Madam Puddifoot’s?” Jihyun exclaimed.

She wasn’t dumb. Madam Puddifoot’s was a small tea shop, known for being the perfect hideout for couples. Everyone in Hogwarts knew that it was a place for dating, and the seats were only for two people - a clear signal that it was only for couples.

“Y-yeah, I heard they serve nice pastries there.” Jungkook said awkwardly, and Jihyun hid a small smile as she thought of how he was trying to mask his embarrassment before nodding, “Sure.”

His eyes lit up instantly.

“Great! I’ll see you later.” Jungkook said with a beaming smile while Jihyun internally squealed.

It was going to be her first date with Jungkook!

--

The group had gathered the moment Professor Potter stated that the class was free to go. Jimin had gone off with Mina for their date, while Jungkook, Jihyun, Taehyung and Yoona had gone to look for Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok.

“First stop, ‘Honeydukes’!” Jin announced excitedly as he led the pack towards the candy shop. They joined the throngs of students who were already shopping for their sweets and snacks. Jihyun had darted towards the chocolate frogs after fifteen minutes of shuffling through the crowd and thankfully, she managed to snag the last two chocolate frogs on the shelves. She had wanted to get more, but the crowd was terrible.

When she finally managed to get out of the store, the entire group was already there waiting for her.

“Should we head to ‘The Three Broomsticks’ for lunch?” Namjoon asked, and the group nodded in agreement.

Jihyun stole a glance at the boy and noticed he was already looking at her. He prodded his head towards Madam Puddifoot's while Jihyun nodded.

“Uh, I wanted to explore Hogsmeade a bit more. I’m thinking of going to ‘Pippins Potions’ to get some potion ingredients, I want to experiment with some stuff.” Jihyun tried to be as normal as she could, but her heart was racing uncontrollably as she prayed that no one would catch onto her lie.

“I can accompany you.” Jungkook offered immediately, and Taehyung shot a sly smile towards the both of them.

“You’re interested in potions?” Hoseok asked with narrowed eyes, while her brothers looked at Jungkook with an amused smile. “Yeah, Jungkook. I thought you hated potions.” Jin asked with a smug smile. Both Jihyun and Jungkook blushed red in embarrassment.

“W-well, Professor Weasley did ask me to brush up on potions, and the N.E.W.T.S are coming next year.” Jungkook cooked up an excuse, but the group was clearly not convinced as they looked as if they were about to burst out laughing.

“Sure.” Taehyung tried his best to hide his smile, “Have fun, you two. Take your time and don’t rush back! We’ll see you guys later.” He said as he directed the group towards The Three Broomsticks. Jihyun silently heaved a sigh of relief when they left and made a mental note to thank Taehyung for his actions. Her best friend always knew how to save the day.

When they arrived at Madam Puddifoot's, the whole place was flooded with couples. There were couples kissing in the secluded booths, there were couples out in the open feeding each other, there were couples everywhere.

They took a corner seat, and when Jungkook came back to the table with pastries and tea, the two had to look away from the main area awkwardly. It was clear that they were the only ones who were not a couple, at least not yet, and Jihyun felt embarrassed.

"So, why'd you wanted to come here?" Jihyun asked curiously, and Jungkook heaved a deep breath before continuing.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" Jihyun asked in anticipation, but before he could continue, two people had walked up to their table as they looked at them in shock.

"What are you two doing here?" Jimin asked in puzzlement, and Mina looked equally confused.

"Isn't this a place for couples?" Mina muttered to no one in particular, "Are you two together?"

They both widened their eyes immediately, and Jungkook shook his head while waving his hands frantically, "N-No! We are purely just friends!"

This time, Jihyun turned to him in surprise.

"We are?" Jihyun asked softly, and Jungkook didn't seem to have heard her. "We popped by because we heard that the pastries are good!"

Jihyun felt as if her heart had been trampled on and stepped on repeatedly. That was definitely not what she had expected to hear when Jungkook had brought her to Madam Puddifoot's.

Jimin and Mina didn't seem convinced as they continued staring at the two in bewilderment, and Jungkook continued. "I mean, come on, me and Ji? That combination would be weird."

Jihyun felt as if she had heard enough.

"I'll hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter