Chapter 2

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second week of school signified quidditch tryouts, but Jihyun's mood was still light and happy.

There wasn’t a need for tryouts because there was no way that she was going to change Ravenclaw’s team dynamics. Yoongi was the fastest seeker she had ever seen. Seekers had one of the most important positions in the team, because they had to catch the golden snitch which was worth 150 points. Catching the golden snitch usually meant victory for the team, and that was the seeker’s main job.

Hoseok, Yoona and Mina were Ravenclaw’s signature chasers, and they were the ones who scored through the hoops with quaffles - it usually resembled a deflated volleyball. Jihyun and Eunhyuk were the beaters who would use bats to hit black iron balls known as bludgers to distract the players, while Sehun was their keeper - where he would guard the hoops to prevent the opposing team from scoring.

They had their backups set in place when Yoongi and Hoseok graduated next year - Choi Soobin would take over Yoongi as Ravenclaw’s seeker, and Choi Yeonjun would replace Hoseok for the beater’s position.

She scanned the team eagerly, and it seemed that Jungkook hadn't changed Gryffindor's team dynamic much either.

Jungkook was seeker, the old chasers - Jackson, Yugyeom and Eunwoo followed behind, Jin was keeper, but they had seemed to have changed their beaters as she spotted two girls instead. Jihyun presumed it was because their previous beaters had gotten hurt and opted to quit the team, from what she had heard.

She looked at the two new faces who had appeared, one of them who she had classes with - Eunhee, and the other was Jung Ahreum. She widened her eyes instantly.

Jung Ahreum wasn't just any other girl, she was Jungkook's ex.

More importantly, Jung Ahreum had dumped Jungkook last year for a 7th year boy - Lee Sungmin, that she said in her words, "He's more stable because he is going to be an Auror after the N.E.W.T.S."

Jungkook had mentioned many times before that he wanted to be a professional quidditch player after he graduated, and it seemed that Jung Ahreum wasn't entirely agreeable with his decision because she had dumped him after getting to know the 7th year boy.

So it was a true surprise to see that she was playing the sport she had dissed about.

Jihyun exchanged glances with Hoseok and Yoongi, who looked equally shocked. They looked over to Jin and Jungkook, who held a neutral expression, but Jihyun could tell that they didn't seem extremely ecstatic over their new beater.

"What's going on?" Jihyun mouthed to Jin while he merely shook his head and placed a finger on his lips. "Later." He mouthed as he came to a stop in front of them.

"It's Gryffindor's turn." Jungkook announced simply, and Jihyun was too shocked by the new team dynamic to even retort with a snide remark.

"Okay." She squeaked out before beckoning the team out of the field.

Taking one last glance at Jungkook who merely started giving out instructions, she headed towards the showers after a sweaty practice.

--

Gathering at their usual spot at the Hogwarts' Attic, Jihyun plopped onto the beanbag beside Taehyung. The Hogwarts' Attic was found by Jin and Yoongi when they were second-years playing catch around the castle. Located on the seventh-floor, the place was generally unused and no one really went up there. The duo decided to introduce to the rest of the group as their usual hangout spot, and the group had cleaned up the space greatly.

The abandoned spot filled with cobwebs and dust were replaced with colourful beanbags, posters of their favourite quidditch teams, and a few tables for the group to study if they'd like to. It had become their home in Hogwarts.

"Spill." Yoongi said immediately when Jungkook and Jin entered the room after their quidditch practice.

"What's going on?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"Jung Ahreum's on the Gryffindor Quidditch team." Hoseok chimed in, and everyone who hadn't heard the news let out a collective gasp.

"What the ?" Taehyung spoke up as he let out a frown. Jihyun knew that the group was never really fond of Ahreum, and she wasn't a big fan either.

Everyone could tell that Ahreum was only with Jungkook for the money, but the boy thought it was love, and he was too blinded to see the girl for who she really was. From expensive moonstone necklaces possessed by only the wealthy, to ruby diamonds and even pygmy puffs, Ahreum was, in muggle-term and a lack of a better phrase : a gold-digger.

But Jungkook had succumbed readily, and from Jimin's words - "he was a lovesick fool" the entire time during the course of their relationship. It was Jungkook's first relationship, and needless to say that the boy was broken-hearted when it had ended.

While he was devastated, the entire female population in Hogwarts on the other hand had seemed to rejoice at the information that he was single again. That resulted in a couple of one-night-stands here and there, which Jihyun suspected was to get over the heartbreak. She never really bothered to ask, and neither did the boys probe much. Everyone knew that Jungkook didn't like talking about his feelings, and he very much preferred to keep those thoughts to himself.

"You think I want this? You should've seen the people coming for tryouts! She was our only choice for the beater position." Jungkook said with a sigh as he rubbed his temples.

As much as she wanted to gloat over the fact that she didn't have to change Ravenclaw's team dynamic, Jihyun knew better than to make a snide remark about it and remained silent.

Jin nodded in agreement, "I have to agree on this. One of the beaters who came for tryouts ended up getting hit by a bludger instead of hitting the bludger away. Another one almost fell from their brooms when they tried to raise their bat." Jin snickered as he picked up a tart that Namjoon had brought up from the Great Hall.

"But it's Jung Ahreum, Jungkook. You can't be letting her back into your life again." Taehyung argued, and Jungkook rolled his eyes in response, "I'm not. I only chose her because she's the only one that was good enough to be a beater based on tryouts."

"I agree with Tae, Jungkook. You can't just let her in like that." Jimin said, and Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter