Chapter 12

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks passed quickly, and Jihyun had continued avoiding Jungkook. 

The boy had tried to talk to her at first, but he eventually gave up when she had told Taehyung to let him know that she didn’t wanna talk. He finally got the hint and tried his best to stay away from her. If she wanted space, that was the only thing he could do since he had messed up. 

Taehyung had offered multiple times to talk to Jihyun for him, but he shook his head, denying the offer. He didn’t want to make things worse, and he wanted to explain things when she was ready to hear him out. 

“Welcome to the last stage of the Triwizard Tournament!” Professor Potter announced as the entire school gathered at the quidditch field. 

“The last stage will be the Triwizard Maze!” Professor Potter said, as he pointed to the maze of grasses which had magically grown on the pitch for the tournament. 

“The maze contains various obstacles and difficulties, and it tests your ability to utilize spells, charms, or even strength, to overcome them.” 

The three contestants took their place in front of the three openings of the maze. 

“In the middle of the maze, there lies the Triwizard trophy. The one who touches it first will be the winner of the Triwizard tournament!” Professor Potter said, “If you ever need help, just shout “Periculum” to release red sparks into the sky. Our officials will get to you immediately.”

“On your mark,” Professor Potter said, “Get set,” Jungkook looked at Eunhyuk and Taehyung before focusing to the front, “Go!” 

And they sped off into the maze. 

The haze in the maze was blinding, and it took Jungkook a while to get out of the fog. When he finally exited, he looked at the two routes in front of him. His instincts told him to go towards the right and he trudged on, navigating through the bushes. 

He continued running till he was faced with a huge Blast-ended Skrewt - a creature that resembled a lobster. Widening his eyes in fear, he backed away as the creature inched closer, before he bolted into the other direction instead. When he looked back, the creature was still after him. 

“Stupefy!” He screamed as he pointed his wand towards the creature. It stopped for a minute before it continued moving forward, still chasing after him. The spell had seemed to aggravate the Skrewt as it trudged forward with its body moving at a quicker speed, still chasing after Jungkook. 

“Expulso!” Jungkook shouted during his second try, and the creature blasted off away with a force, scurrying away as the boy heaved a sigh of relief. 

He stopped to catch his breath and decided to head left this time. 

He took a few steps, before a wall of fire appeared in front of him, inching closer and closer till he was almost reaching a dead-end. He gulped nervously as he tried to think of the spell to extinguish flames. 

“Aguamenti!” Jungkook called out as he finally remembered the spell, and he looked up to see that the flame had dissolved. His energy was draining, and he felt as if he had been in the maze for hours. The Triwizard cup was nowhere in sight, but all he wanted to do was to curl up in his bed right now. 

He took a right turn and ran on longer. Nothing happened for a while, and then he saw it. 

He knew it was a Boggart. It was a false reality, and it was untrue - but why was it consuming him so much? He realized that his boggart had changed from the last time he saw it. 

It wasn’t his parents, Ahreum and his group of friends leaving him anymore - this time, it was the sight that he had seen on the night of the Yule Ball when he wanted to talk to Jihyun at the Ravenclaw dorms. 

It was the sight of Lee Eunhyuk hugging Jihyun tightly as he placed a kiss on the crown of her head. The scene had switched to the two dancing during the Yule Ball, with Jihyun’s hands on Eunhyuk’s shoulders while the boy placed his on her waist as they smiled at each other with every spin and twirl. 

Then it changed to a scene where Jihyun was holding hands with Eunhyuk on a date at Hogsmeade - where did that even come from? They looked happy together as they shared a cup of Butterbeer and fed each other some Bertie Bott’s jelly beans. 

“Riddikulus!” A familiar voice called out, and he looked towards his left to see Taehyung holding his wand out, “It’s not real.” He merely said, and Jungkook knew that he had seen it. He pursed his lips and nodded, before Taehyung ran off in the other direction. 

Trudging on a little more, Jungkook could finally see a straight line towards the middle. Assuming that he was reaching the end, he ran towards the path, and was unexpectedly confronted with a large creature.

It was an Acromantula - a creature that resembled a spider, except that it was 20 times larger than a normal one. 

The creature towered over his height, and started chasing him as soon as it saw him. Jungkook backed away in the direction that he had come from, and jumped across the small hedges dodging the claws that were trying to snap him while casting spells towards the creature. 

“Expulso!” He tried to recreate the spell he did earlier, but it seemed that the Acromantula was much stronger than the Skrewt this time because it merely caused a small dent in his claw before the creature continued running after him.

He shouted a few more curses he knew, but nothing worked as the Acromantula continued chasing after him. 

“Here goes nothing.” He mumbled under his breath as he turned towards the creature, “Avada Kedavra!” He shouted as he directed his wand backwards, shutting his eyes as he prayed that the killing curse would work. 

True enough, when he opened his eyes, the Acromantula was gone. He sighed in relief as he fell onto the ground, panting from the loss of breath and observing the cuts on his skin. He winced slightly when he saw blood gushing out from his arms and knees - he hadn’t even realised he had gotten injured. 

Brushing his knees off from the dirt and limping slowly with his injured body, he saw a glimmer of light ahead of him. With all the energy he had left, he staggered slowly towards the trophy that was in front of him. 

He had just reached the intersection of all four entrances to the prize, where he realised that Lee Eunhyuk was standing on his right. He tried to reach out for the trophy immediately, but Eunhyuk had casted a spell towards him, causing him to fall backward. 

“Stupefy!” He pointed his wand towards Eunhyuk and fought back, and the boy flew backwards before he could touch the trophy. 

“Expelliarmus!” Eunhyuk shouted in return, intending to rid Jungkook of his wand before he retaliated, “Protego!” He called out, casting himself with an invisible shield around him that reflected spells. 

Jungkook ran towards the trophy once again when the shield was in effect, but Eunhyuk charged towards him, causing them to fall onto the ground as they tossed and turned amongst the grass. Jungkook tried to land a punch on Eunhyuk, but the latter had defended it and punched him square in the jaw instead. It’s bound to leave a bruise, Jungkook thought as he winced at the pain. 

Pushing Jungkook off with all his strength, Eunhyuk held onto his wand before Jungkook could stand up again, and shouted a spell that the boy hadn’t heard before. 

“Sectumsempra!” Eunhyuk called out as he moved the wand thrice. Once at his face, once across his body, and once across his legs.

It felt as if an invisible weapon had slashed Jungkook on his face once, before moving to his body and legs where blood spurted out. Unlike other sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter