Chapter 5

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on Ji, you know Jungkook’s just upset that he lost a quidditch match for the first time since he made the team.” Taehyung cooed, trying to dissipate the anger in Jihyun.

It had been five days since the argument between Jungkook and Jihyun.

Even though Jihyun knew that Taehyung was right, and that a part of her knew that Jungkook only said what he said because he was upset, she still couldn’t help but feel disappointed. That was how he thought of her despite everything she had done. She thought they were starting to get closer, but she guessed that was just merely wishful thinking on her part.

She had refused to visit him in the hospital wing even though the rest of the group took turns to visit, ensuring that the boy wasn’t bored to tears just lying in bed. But her pride held her back. Why should she be visiting him if Jungkook hated her guts?

“He’s waiting for you to visit him.” Taehyung continued, and Jihyun shrugged.

“Well, that’s not going to happen. He was the one who insulted me, so he should be coming to me instead.”

When they arrived in the Great Hall for dinner, Taehyung settled down at the Ravenclaw’s table with the rest of the group. Inter-house dinners didn’t really matter anymore as everyone mixed around the school, and unlike the past, there were no longer weird looks thrown around when a member of another house sat at the table.

“Have you guys heard that the triwizard tournament is coming up?” Hoseok asked as he held up a flyer that was pasted on the school’s walls.

Jihyun had seen the flyer just today, and had heard some of the students in her class talking about it - even though she didn’t pay any attention to it.

The Triwizard Tournament was a contest held between the three largest wizarding schools in the wizarding world. However, since there had been multiple life-threatening incidents happening in the past - a death included, the large-scale tournament had scaled down into a smaller yet safer competition held internally at each school.

It was used to test the aspiring wizards’ magical skills, powers and courage. Triwizard Tournament contestants would stand a chance to win the iconic Triwizard Cup, and a monetary prize of 10,000 galleons.

“Yeah, I’m putting my name in the goblet later.” Taehyung said nonchalantly, and the group’s eyes widened in surprise.

“And you didn’t think to tell us?!” The group, except Jimin, shrieked.

“It’s a purebloods tradition.” Jimin sighed, “We never really mentioned before because we weren't of age to participate then. This is the first year that we're eligible, so we'll have to put our names in the goblet.”

Jihyun could feel her heart constricting at the thought of her friends possibly getting hurt. She had heard multiple things about the triwizard tournament. Even though the contest had gotten safer over the years, that didn’t spare the contestants from getting fractures, injuries, and there was one contestant who had gone into a coma ever since the tournament two years ago.

She shuddered at the thought of it before grabbing onto Taehyung’s arm, “Is there any way you can get out of this?”

“Sadly, no. It is a rule of the purebloods that we have to participate by putting our name in the goblet of fire. The only thing we can do is to pray that we don’t get selected for it.

The goblet of fire served as an impartial judge to the contestants of the competition. That meant that anyone who wanted to participate in the Triwizard Tournament had to write their name and house on parchment paper before dropping it into the goblet. After which, the school would gather as the goblet would then return the names of the three participants it had selected.

As if on cue, Jungkook arrived with Ahreum holding him by his side while he limped to the Ravenclaw table.

Jihyun locked eyes with him as he cast a soft and apologetic smile towards her. She merely remained impassive as she continued tucking into her potatoes.

The group seemed to have noticed the tense atmosphere and glanced between the duo. Jungkook looked awkward and out of place in his hospital clothing, while Jihyun was stabbing her potatoes mindlessly.

“What are you doing here, Jungkook?” Jimin asked as Jungkook and Ahreum settled beside him. Jihyun noticed Jimin giving a sneer as he saw Ahreum sitting near him.

“It was a bit stuffy eating in the hospital, so I thought I’d come out for some fresh air and to eat with you guys instead.” Jungkook said, and Hoseok helped to serve a plate of chicken and veggies for him. “We’re glad to see you better, Jungkook.”

“What’s this?” Ahreum said all of a sudden as she took the flyer that was sitting in front of her.

Jungkook merely gave a short look before continuing to eat his meal.

No one bothered to reply to her as they engaged in their own conversations, till Jimin spoke up.

“Are you participating in it, Jungkook?” Jimin asked, and the table’s attention turned to him.

“Yeah, I’ve already put my name inside. It’s a purebloods tradition, my parents even sent me a letter for the first time in a while to remind me about it.” He said nonchalantly, and Jihyun whipped up her head to look at him in surprise.

“Are you crazy?” Jihyun said in bewilderment, and Jungkook looked surprised that she was finally speaking to him as he turned to her. “W-What?”

“You barely recovered after falling from 30 feet in the air and now you’re going to participate in such a dangerous tournament? You’re really seeking death, aren’t you?” Jihyun narrowed her eyes towards the boy, who was trying to conceal a smile.

The rest of the table merely looked at her with a teasing smile and a snicker.

“You seem to care an awful lot for someone who’s angry.” Jungkook commented as he leaned on his hands lazily.

“Shut up, Jeon.” Jihyun glowered as a tint of red appeared across her cheeks.

“I’m done with dinner, I’ll see you guys later.” Jihyun said as she got out of her seat beside Taehyung, turning towards the entrance instead.

“Wait!” Jungkook shouted before standing up from his seat, “Can we talk?”

She glanced at the entire table who was looking at her with a hopeful stare, and she was just about to give in when Ahreum spoke softly. “But we just got here, Jungkook.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter