Chapter 26

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eomma! I want more sweets!” A little girl’s voice shouted from the living room when Jihyun thought she finally had some time to wash the dishes.

“No more sweets for you, Gyeo-ul!” Jihyun shouted back, and there were a few moments of silence - the place was getting too quiet for comfort, and that could only mean one thing.

“Kim Taehyung, I know what you’re doing!” Jihyun chided as she finished up the rest of the dishes, charging to the living room to find Taehyung opening up a packet of sweets for her daughter.

“She’s having her dental check up in a bit, Tae. The doctor already warned about the potential cavities that’s coming.” She sighed while Taehyung chuckled, “One candy wouldn’t hurt, would it?”

“She’s five, Tae. She can’t even brush her teeth well on most days, and I end up having to brush for her.” Jihyun rolled her eyes as Taehyung popped a candy into Gyeo-ul’s mouth, “I help to brush her teeth sometimes too!”

“You spoil her too much.” Jihyun shoved him playfully as she carried Gyeo-ul to the sofa, “Who else but her can I spoil?” He laughs, eating another piece of gummy as he looks at the girl endearingly. “Tae Tae appa is the best!” She holds out a thumb, and Taehyung feels like he could melt on the spot.

“Look at those big round eyes, how can I resist them?!” Taehyung whined as he patted Gyeo-ul’s head, and Jihyun froze for a moment. Those round eyes were a constant memory of the past - the past which she had tried her best to put behind.

Five years ago, she first thought the vomiting and nausea were caused by the stress and her being upset over the break-up. But what she did not expect was finding out that she was pregnant at a mandatory health-check up for all Healers before they entered the program.

Needless to say, the girl immediately knew who the father was - someone whom she had no intention to reach out to at all. It was a tough decision, and even though she eventually decided to keep the baby, it didn’t come without consequences. St. Mungo’s had thankfully agreed to push her enrolment year to the next year, so that she could focus entirely on her pregnancy - while still being guaranteed a job at the hospital.

She moved back home with family in London, and everyone was enamored by the new bundle of joy. Nobody questioned her decision to keep the baby - Her parents were delighted and spent almost every waking hour fussing over Gyeo-ul, Jin and Namjoon spoilt the girl with toys and clothes, while Taehyung spent so many weekdays nights and weekends visiting that he ended up moving in to the Kim’s spare room since they stayed near St. Mungo’s.

Everyone loved Gyeo-ul, and she was truly the light of her life.

Noticing her stillness, Taehyung finally realized what he had said as he paled, “Sorry Ji, it just slipped out.”

Composing herself again, she gave a small smile and shook her head, ignoring the pang in her chest. “Don’t worry about it.”

“Eomma, can we go to the supermarket? I want more candies!” Gyeo-ul said excitedly, and Jihyun sighed before squatting to her level, “You have eaten enough candies, baby.”

“But I want more!” Gyeo-ul whined, and this time, Mrs. Kim chimed in to help. “I need to stock up on some groceries anyway. Ji, will you help me with it?”

“Eomma!” This time, it was Jihyun’s turn to whine while the older woman chuckled, “Come on, you can do me a favour, can’t you?”

“Of course we can!” Taehyung swooped in to lift Gyeo-ul off her feet as the little girl giggled, “I’ll help to carry the bags.” Taehyung winked as he picked up his keys and headed towards the front door.

“You guys are insufferable.” She rolls her eyes, but still lets out a small smile nevertheless.

“Celery… Ah, I hate celery.” She murmured under her breath as she looked over the grocery list, Taehyung and Gyeo-ul a few meters away as the young girl had pulled him to a stop when she noticed the candies on the shelves.

Pushing her shopping cart absentmindedly, she hadn’t noticed that there was someone else with another shopping cart in front of her till she heard a loud crash. The impact of the crash had pushed both of them backwards, making them fall to the ground.

“Eomma!” She heard Gyeo-ul call out loudly as she hurried over with Taehyung, pulling her up to the ground. She glanced over the shopping carts and could see a mop of hair on the floor, still struggling to get up.

“Ji! Are you okay?!” Taehyung asked worriedly while she nodded, “Yes, it was totally my fault. I wasn’t paying attention and crashed into someone. I better go help them up.”

She hurried over quickly, ignoring the sharp pain in her left calf, “I’m so sorry about it, are you-”

She couldn’t finish her sentence when he looked up.

Because right in front of her was the man she hadn’t seen for the last five years.

It had been five years, but it felt like yesterday when he was still sporting that red hair, his dark round eyes, toothy smile, round nose and face.

She hated how it felt all too familiar, and she hated the fact that she could remember everything as if it was all natural, as if the last five years were fleeting moments - because it wasn’t.

The past five years had been a constant struggle. Despite the closure she had asked for, she never felt like she had healed. She spent numerous nights wondering where it had all gone wrong, belittling herself, hating that she was a “mudblood”, and thinking whether she would have been good enough for Jungkook if she had come from a better wizarding family.

She wished she would have been the perfect pureblood wizarding family that could match with Jungkook - and when she told that to Taehyung, the boy wanted to slap the living daylights out of her, reminding her the love that she has from her family and the people around her, something that being from a pureblood wizarding family like he did could not have.

And most importantly, she spent the last five years taking care of Gyeo-ul, her daughter, the light of her life - but also a constant reminder of the man she had loved and lost.

Five years later, it’s not fair that she felt as if she had aged ten years because of motherhood, because Jeon Jungkook was still looking as exq

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter