Chapter 22

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Going back to school after the holiday break felt different and new. 

Namjoon wasn’t there to bombard her with random facts about the new plants he was growing in his room, Jin wasn’t there to make dad jokes (which Jihyun always burst into laughter to, even though she always told him to stop it), Yoongi and Hoseok had been replaced by Soobin and Yeonjun during quidditch practice. 

And Jungkook. 

She tried to ignore the aching pain that the boy would not be waiting for her every morning to walk together to Potions class, even if the Gryffindor dorms were nearer to class and he had to make a U-Turn to get to the Ravenclaw dorms.

It was only the first month back at school, and everything felt all too different. 

She spent most of her days in classes or the library, determined to distract herself with work. Taehyung and Jimin mostly accompanied her, only separating when they had quidditch practice or when prefect duties occurred. 

Her nights were mostly spent either texting her brothers and Jungkook, or having video calls with her boyfriend - who sometimes pans the screen over to Hoseok and Yoongi. A virtual screen didn’t feel the same, but it had to do. She was just glad that everyone was settling in well, even if she still couldn’t get used to the new arrangement. 

“How’s the prep for the championships?” She asked, packing up her table as she answered the call quickly. Talking to Jungkook was definitely her favourite part of the night.

“It’s been alright so far. We tried a few techniques here and there, tough as usual, but it’s slowly getting better.” He said with a wide smile, and Jihyun could see that he was very excited. 

“How about you?” He asked, “Well, if you would like to know, we did the Patronus charm today!” Jihyun said with excitement, and her boyfriend seemed surprised. “Did you managed to do it? The Patronus charm is extremely hard so don’t beat yourself over it if you can’t.” 

“Just a little, I couldn’t really see what animal it was, but there was a little blue light shooting out from it. I’m going to continue improving on it.” Jihyun said with determination as her boyfriend chuckled, “What do you think your animal is going to be?” 

“Hmm, I’m not sure. But Professor Potter said that the animal usually represents ourselves, or someone we care greatly for.” Jihyun said before continuing, “He said his animal was a stag, like his father’s. There also used to be a Professor who was in love with this lady for his whole life, and he had the same patronus as hers. It was a stag too.” 

Jungkook stayed silent for a moment, “I did a patronus charm before.” 

“You what?!” Jihyun asked in shock, and Jungkook merely shrugged. “Well, I saw it in the books when I was in fifth-grade and asked Professor Potter about it. He said he could teach me if I wanted to, but it was going to be tough and he didn’t think I could do it. That made me want to do it even more.” He chuckled airly as Jihyun let out a laugh. That was so Jungkook. 

“I spent about six months trying to master the charm.” He groaned, shuddering as he thought about the memory of him spending most of his free time in the room of requirement trying to master the spell. “It was one of the toughest things I’d ever done!” 

“I didn’t know you could do a patronus charm, how could you not teach or tell me about it!” Jihyun complained while Jungkook looked nonchalant, “I didn’t think it was something to brag about.”

“So, what is your animal?” Jihyun asked curiously.

“It’s a bunny.” 

Jihyun burst out in laughter the next second. 

“Hey! What’s so funny?” Jungkook scowled, “I just didn’t think your animal would be a bunny, I’m sorry.” Jihyun said with a chuckle while he rolled his eyes, “But I do see the similarity now. Must be your big round eyes and two front teeth.” 

“I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or you’re just trying to take a stab at me.” He hissed with a glare, but Jihyun knew he wasn’t serious. “Trust me, Kook, it’s a compliment.” 

“It means you look cute.” 

And if she was blushing after, she was thankful that Jungkook had let it go.

“I can’t hide it anymore, Kook.” Jimin says nervously over the phone, peering over his back to see if anyone was listening. He had snuck out of prefect duty to call the boy, and he silently prayed that nobody would be walking by the lawn at 9pm on a school night. 

“What happened, Jimin?” Jungkook asked worriedly, “Jieun found out that you didn’t continue your seventh-year.” 

Jungkook’s heart sank immediately.

He had been trying his best to keep it a secret, and he was honestly surprised that his parents hadn’t found out. It could also likely be due to the fact that there had been numerous wizard and muggle attacks occurring in Asia, and his parents had been summoned as the leaders of the mission. 

That could be the reason why they hadn’t had time to bother about him.

He wasn’t complaining, though.

“How did she find out?” He asked nervously, and he could hear Jimin sigh before continuing, “I’ve been doing what you asked me to for the past month - keeping her away from Ji and Tae, telling her that you’re just away for quidditch and would be back soon.” 

“I’m not sure why but she went to the Gryffindor quidditch practice today. She asked for you, and they said that you’ve already graduated and left to play quidditch officially for The Chudley Cannons.” Jimin explained, “She was so mad when she stomped up to me at the Slytherin dorms.” 

Jungkook shuddered at the thought of the scene. He had only met the girl a couple of times, and didn’t think that there was this side of her. 

“Did she say anything else?” Jungkook had a feeling Jimin wasn’t entirely speaking the truth. 

“She… She said she’s going to tell my parents about it.” Jimin said solemnly, and Jungkook could feel his heart in his throat. 

“W-What?” Jungkook asked with dryness in his voice. He knew he was going to be so dead. 

“She’s really interested in you, so she wants to meet you soon.” 

Jungkook was livid. 

“I’m not interested in her, Jimin. I’m sorry, I know she’s your sister, but I’m really not interested in meeting anyone else when I’m with Ji.” Jungkook said with anger laced in his voice, “I know, Kook. I’m not supportive of you two meeting either. I tried to stop her, but I couldn’t. She knows about you and Ji.” 

“How?!” Jungkook was panicking at this point. 

“When she was at the Gryffindor quidditch practice, she asked more about you. Some told her that you and Ji are dating.” He heaved a breath before continuing, “She asked me about Ji, and I told her to off.” 

A small smile spread across his face when he heard Jimin’s words, and despite everything that was going on, he knew Jimin had his back. 

“Thanks Chim, I know you did your best.” Jungkook said with sincerity, and he could feel Jimin loosening up as he chuckled, “Anytime.” 


He knew this day would come, but Jungkook never thought the next time he saw his parents would be on the training grounds of The Chudley Cannons when his whole team was there. They sat on the stands without a single word, and it wasn’t till his coach called him that he realised their presence. 

“Hey Jungkook, your parents would like to talk to you.” His coach pointed to his parents as they held stern expressions. Jungkook knew he was in deep . 

He exchanged a couple of knowing glances with Yoongi and Hoseok before jogging over to his parents, who merely stood up and beckoned towards the open field behind the stands. Jungkook could only follow them as his friends watched helplessly. 

When they ensured that there wasn’t anyone else, his parents turned to him with a scowl, and Jungkook knew what was coming.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter