Chapter 14

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Due to violation of certain school rules, Lee Eunhyuk has been disqualified from the Triwizard Competition.” Professor Mcgonagall said solemnly. Murmurs in the Great Hall started getting louder as many stood up from their seats and peered over at the Ravenclaws’ table, trying to understand why the boy had gotten kicked out. Jihyun could see Eunhyuk lowering his head at the corner of her eye.

“No one managed to get the Triwizard Cup in time, and since neither Mr. Jeon nor Mr. Kim won the first round, we will call this a draw.” Professor Mcgonagall continued, “However, we will still be awarding 150 points each to Slytherin and Gryffindor as a commendation of the participants’ hard work!” She announced as the Slytherin and Gryffindor tables erupted in joy.

Jihyun turned around to see her best friend smiling widely as Jimin and his Slytherin friends patted him on his back, and turned to the chestnut-haired Gryffindor who was cheering excitedly with his friends.

It didn’t matter that Gryffindor had won the House Cup, she was just glad that Jungkook and Taehyung were safe.

“Did you tell her?” Taehyung asked excitedly when Jungkook entered Potions after the announcement. Madam Pomfrey had kept him for another week in the hospital wing, and Jungkook was elated to be out when she announced that he was almost recovered.

“No, Tae. I told you, I’m not ready yet.” Jungkook huffed as he settled in his original seat beside Jimin and thought about the real conversation he had with Taehyung before the Yule Ball.

“Oh, come on. Everyone can see the sparks in both of your eyes. We just don’t say anything about it out of respect.”

“I… I don’t know. I need more time to think about it.” Jungkook said, and Taehyung sighed in response.

He was about to retort, but Jihyun had entered the class with Jimin and settled down beside Taehyung.

“What are you guys talking about?” Jihyun asked curiously as she placed her potions book on her table.

“Nothing much, just discussing what to do during the upcoming Hogsmeade trip.” Taehyung bluffed, and Jungkook shot him a thankful look before chipping in, “Yeah, I wanted to stock up on some Bertie Bott’s Jelly Beans at Honeydukes.”

“I want to get some chocolate frogs!” Jihyun said excitedly, “I have a feeling that the last Albus Dumbledore is going to be there.” She said as she clenched her fist with determination. Jungkook swooned internally at how cute the girl looked - he wanted to buy every single chocolate frog in Honeydukes for her if it meant he could see the elated smile on her face when she finds her Albus Dumbledore card.

“I’m going to get some Butterbeer!” Jimin turned around and joined the conversation, “Mina and I are thinking of going on a date too.” He said shyly, and the group widened their eyes as they turned to him.

“You two are officially together?” Jihyun asked in surprise while Jimin nodded, “Yeah, I asked her to be my girlfriend last night. Had a mini picnic at the Great Lake and surprised her with some flowers.”

“No wonder you didn’t come back till late last night.” Taehyung said with a sly smile as Jimin blushed, “Yeah, we stayed out pretty late. It was hard to dodge the prefects on duty but we made it work."

Jihyun let out a wide grin as she looked at the happy couple who were stealing glances at each other in Potions - no wonder Mina looked extra chirpy this morning, and it was the first time she wasn’t complaining about morning classes.

She couldn’t help but envy them. They were happy together, and all Jihyun thought about was her relationship with Jungkook. Was it even a relationship? Sure, she had spent the entire week with him when he was in the Hospital Wing, tutoring him on the classes he had missed, sneaking out with him to the Room of Requirement when everyone was asleep to watch more movies, sneaking out (again) because Jungkook was “utterly bored” and wanted to hear Jihyun tell him about the constellations in the night sky.

But apart from their nightly escapades and the increasing amount of time they had spent together, Jungkook didn't seem like he was going to do anything about their relationship - and Jihyun was getting frustrated.

She didn’t know if it was her wishful thinking, whether he was feeling the same. Or was he, as much as her, afraid to ruin their friendship when they had just been getting closer? She wasn’t sure.

“Well, at least one of us is courageous enough to make a move.” Taehyung muttered as Jungkook glared at him. Jihyun hadn’t taken notice and had just snapped out of her thoughts.

“What?” She asked curiously and Taehyung merely shook his head, “I’m just happy for Jimin and Mina.”

--

“I hate to meddle, but I have to this time.” Taehyung said sternly as he pulled Jungkook aside into a nearby classroom after Saturday morning’s breakfast.

Even though Jihyun had tried to conceal it, Taehyung knew that the girl was upset. He could see from her disappointed face when Jungkook had told her that he had quidditch practice and couldn’t hang out, and she saw her crestfallen face when he had received a confession from another girl in their Charms class the other day.

Jihyun didn’t have to say anything, but Taehyung always knew what the girl was thinking.

“What do you mean, Tae?” Jungkook asked in confusion as the elder pulled out a vial of slimy green liquid.

“This is the key to everything.” Taehyung said excitedly, waving the vial in front of Jungkook.

“Is that Polyjuice Potion?” Jungkook asked in horror when he saw the slimy liquid swirling in the small vial.

“The one and only. I managed to do it that day with Ji’s help.” He said proudly, but Jungkook still couldn’t understand why Taehyung had brought the Polyjuice Potion.

“What do we do with this?” He cocked his head and stared at the elder who had an evil smile, “You wanted to know what Ji thinks of you, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter