Twenty nine - Calm before the storm

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina wakes up with a light touch on her face.

 

What time is it?

 

She sees Winter kneeling down in front of her, eyes fixated on her face. This made Karina blush, before trying to cover her face with the blanket Giselle gave them that night. 

 

"Why are you awake already?" Karina murmurs from underneath the cover. 

 

"I— I miss you," Winter whispers back. 

 

"What time is it?" Karina asks instead, trying to contain the butterflies in her stomach.

 

"Almost three. Sorry for waking you up." Winter continues to whisper, her hand now running through Karina's soft locks.

 

Karina reached for Winter's hand from under her blanket, holding it as she changed to a sitting position. 

 

"Up." Karina commands, pulling Winter from the floor up to the couch. "What's going on?"

 

"I just miss you." Winter said, sitting on the couch, raising her left foot and placing it on the other side of Karina's body. She pulls Karina to her body and they ended up in the position where Karina is between Winter's legs, something usually they do in reverse. Karina felt Winter's front press her back and shudders when Winter's arms circled her waist. She felt Winter's head on her shoulder, inhaling her scent.

 

"I— what um—" Karina was about to face the girl when she was held steady on her place, the younger hugging her tight.

 

"Stay like this." Winter murmurs in her neck and Karina felt goosebumps all over her body from Winter's breath.

 

Karina nodded and welcomed Winter's sudden clinginess, wondering if the younger can hear the mayhem she's causing in her chest. They stayed quiet and Karina thought Winter was already asleep when she felt her grabbing her messy hair and putting it on the other side of her shoulder. 

 

Karina froze when she felt Winter's lips on her bare neck, almost panicking but unable to move.

 

"Is this okay?" Winter murmurs in her neck which caused more of Karina's hair to stand on end.

 

"Ye—yeah."

 

She felt Winter's hand going under her shirt, her fingers touching the bare skin of Karina's stomach. 

 

"What—" Karina's words died in when she felt Winter's lips touch her neck again, this time, a little longer.

 

"I guess, you were right." Karina hears Winter again. "Touch is indeed my love language." 

 

Karina exhales loudly when she felt Winter's warm mouth on her neck again, this time, a little bolder, leaving a trail of wet kisses on her neck down to her shoulder.

 

"Still okay?" Winter asks, voice slightly trembling.

 

Karina, unable to say any word, nods instead. She feels like her whole body is on fire, her skin felt like it's being burnt but in a good way. 

 

Winter is not sure of everything she's doing. She never had any experience before, but she knows exactly what her body craves, and right now, she's craving Karina.

 

So bad.

 

She pulled the hem of Karina's shirt slightly to expose more of her shoulder, planting wet kisses in there as well. This is the first time she's doing anything remotely further than kissing someone on the cheeks or forehead, but Winter decided to let her body and her lips think for her. 

 

"Winter—"

 

Winter stops and lets her face fall in the crook of Karina's exposed neck. She kissed Karina's ear and stayed there for a while before hugging the girl tight again and relaxing.

 

"Did I make you uncomfortable again?" Winter asked worriedly, murmuring from Karina's back.

 

"No, I— no. I was just surprised."

 

"Have I told you I like you?" Winter asks.

 

"You— um. You have, yes."

 

"Good." Winter sighs.

 

"Because I like you, Jimin-unnie. I like you so bad I think I'm going insane." Winter admits. 

 

Karina was left speechless. Winter is being too vulnerable at the moment. 

 

She made the mistake of turning her head and sees Winter looking at her with half-lidded eyes, mouth parted, and blushed cheeks.

 

"I— li- I like you too." Karina finally lets it out, her voice sounding surreal. 

 

"You do?" Winter smiles at that, her eyes turning into crescent moons and Karina thinks Winter looks the prettiest like that. 

 

Winter looks her prettiest when Karina tells her she likes her, so she tells her again.

 

"I like you, Min-min baby." Karina whispers. It sounds vulnerable too, and maybe, it has always been something about them and three am.

 

Karina felt Winter's hands on her hips again, this time, guiding her to move to face her. Winter's fingers felt like a hot mess in her legs as she guides the older to place her feet on Winter's lap. The position was a bit awkward but comfortable. Karina was now facing Winter and they're much closer than they ever were.

 

Winter takes Karina's hair and tucks it to her ears, the action causing Karina to blush again.

 

Winter smiles at that, seeing the effect she's got on the older. Winter took her fore-finger and poked Karina's cheek slightly. 

 

"Can I kiss you here?" Winter asked.

 

Karina visibly gulped but nodded after few seconds.

 

Winter leans in and slowly plants a soft kiss on the spot she was pointing to earlier before pulling back and smiling cutely.

 

She pokes the other side of Karina's face.

 

"How about here?" Winter smiled widely.

 

Karina chuckles at Winter's antics before nodding again.

 

Winter lands another kiss on Karina's cheek. 

 

Winter points to Karina's forehead before giggling slightly. "Here?"

 

Karina chuckles too, somehow, her nervousness was being pushed away because of Winter's silliness. She nods again.

 

Winter pulls Karina's head and kissed her on the forehead, a little longer than the first two. Karina sighs contentedly. 

 

She likes this.

 

Whatever this is.

 

Winter pulls back and points to Karina's chin, her gummy smile on display. Karina didn't wait for the question and nodded her head right away, a little too eager.

 

Winter lands a soft kiss on Karina's chin, giggling a bit afterward. 

 

Winter points to Karina's nose and looks at her patiently, waiting for the silent confirmation that it's okay.

 

She smiles widely when she sees the expected nod, placing a light kiss on top of Karina's pointed nose. 

 

She pulls the older girl closer to her, before making a serious face that suddenly made Karina nervous again.

 

She reached up to cup Karina's face, her face so close to her Karina can almost see Winter's pupils dilating. Karina felt Winter's thumb on the side of her lips, specifically on her mole, and sees Winter looking back and forth her eyes and the said mark on her face. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter