Feelings I Can't Hide

Blue Bayou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jason:

 

It’s early Sunday morning and I am lying in her bed.

Granted she was sick last night, and nothing happened but still.

She got up and went to the bathroom and I felt the loss of heat immediately.

She smells heavenly and her body is so soft and warm.

She sleeps crazy though every time she moves, she takes the blanket and leaves me freezing.

Even with all that I am drawn to her like a magnet and end up right back under her.

I look down at her now sleeping so soundly snuggled into my chest and me heart swells almost bursting out of my chest.

My stomach begins to flutter uncontrollably, and I take a few deep breaths.

I have fallen in love with her, and I don’t think I can hide it too much longer.

I feel like every time I look at her it shows on my face.

I rub her cheek with my knuckles and sigh.

She is so beautiful, and I can’t even describe how she makes me feel.

I have never felt like this about any woman ever.

Sometimes I want to just grab her and kiss her breathless.

If I didn’t know she wouldn’t slap the mess out of me I would have been done it.

I love how sassy she is and she never backs down from an argument.

One time we got into a heated argument I can’t even recall what it was about.

I stand almost a foot taller than her so I just looked down at her smirking I can see the steam coming out of her ears.

And what does she do?

She gets a step stool stands on it and gets all up in my face.

My anger instantly disappeared to be replaced with a desire to throw kiss her and throw her over my shoulder like a Neanderthal.

I wanted to carry her off to my cave and make her my woman.

I almost lost my life on the 4th of July after I threw her into the swimming pool.

It was later in the evening and we were all lounging around eating, talking and just having a good time.

She comes out wearing this black and pink 2 piece and I nearly swallowed my tongue.

Geez I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her she sat down next to me and began to apply sunscreen.

“Jase can you get my back please?” She asked oblivious to the fact that I was about to have a heart attack!

“Sure.” I applied a liberal amount and she stood up and thanked me.

Her hair was done up and she looked incredible.

I turned to away and looked at Chris who was smirking at me in that all knowing way he does.

I smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

He had known for awhile, how I felt and he took every opportunity to tease me.

Then I had the brilliant idea to chase around the pool and throw her in.

Big mistake while I thought it was fun, she was pissed because her hair got wet before she had a chance to tie it up.

Elaine just shook her head.

“Jason you have a lot to learn about women, black women in particular.”

“Unless it is wash day or she wants to, you cannot under any circumstances be the cause of her hair getting wet!”

“You gone learn today Jackson.” She cackled.

“Man, even I know better than that!” Chris cracked up.

“How do you know that?” I spat annoyed.

“YouTube.” He shrugged taking a sip of his drink.

He looks at me like I was a total idiot.

“You better start running now, she just got a silk press you are dead meat.” She said laughing.

She came out of the water grabbed the broom and chased me around her yard.

Chris and Lainey howled with laughter but I was scared.

I mean how was I supposed to know, I don’t have much experience with black women.

I felt so bad when she came back out with her hair slicked up in a high ponytail.

She was livid, she did not talk to me for the rest of the day.

She totally and completely ignored me.

She just kept narrowing her eyes and referring to me as that person anytime my name came up.

Can you imagine the awkwardness of the evening?

Everyone else eating, listening to music, enjoying themselves and I am in the doghouse.

I spent the rest of that evening googling silk presses, flat ironing, relaxers, hot combs, box braids anything to do with blac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter