Chapter 02

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•••

When Jaemin enters the room, the lesson has not yet begun. Everyone fell silent as they saw Jaemin walk to his seat in the center of the row, not looking at any of them because he doesn't care. He's used to it, and he knows that most of the students were scared of him because of how strict he was with punishments.

He seemed to have finished patrolling and arrived fast. He's quick today, perhaps because he knew they'd be taking a quiz today.

On the other hand, there's Jeno. He couldn't help not stare at Jaemin even though he already stated that he didn't want to see him again.

But here he is, he just couldn't stop looking at him for some reason.

Jeno's eyes widened as Jaemin returned his gaze, so he hurriedly avoided his gaze and pretended to read from his book.

Damn, he can feel his cheeks burning up once again.

That's embarrassing, why does he keep making himself embarrassed to Jaemin?

Seems like Giselle and Renjun saw it that's why they giggled.

"Are you whipped Jeno-yah?" Renjun chuckled.

"Cut it out you two." Jeno hushed them.

"Jen, I couldn't study last night. This is my first and last favor for you." Donghyuck then smiled sweetly at the older.

"We can't."

"Please? I don't want to pass my paper without answers."

"It's your fault."

"We won't get caught, okay? You will not get into trouble I swear." Donghyuck then squeezed Jeno on his shoulder. He's desperate because he forgot to study last night and his only hope is Jeno as of now.

Giselle has bad penmanship and he couldn't read her answers properly, Renjun and Karina were far from him and Jeno is just his seatmate. So Jeno is the only one who can help him right now.

"You have to make sure. I don't want to get into trouble and you know why."

"Because of your grades?" Giselle asked.

"No, because of Jaemin."

Later, their teacher arrived holding papers that were possibly the questions for their quiz today.

Donghyuck smiled at Jeno and pinched the older cheeks playfully before taking a piece of paper and started writing his name.

They started answering their quiz and Donghyuck was patiently waiting for Jeno to finish answering his paper. Jeno is a little fast answering because he studied of course. It's easy as pie.

Donghyuck keeps glancing back and forth between their teacher and Jeno before quietly touching him on the elbow.

"Jeno-yah." Whispering, Donghyuck called Jeno but the latter didn't look back. He just made sure that Donghyuck could see his paper properly so he could copy his answers.

He will be doomed if their teacher caught them, especially Jeno because he's their top one and this is completely embarrassing for his reputation.

He's aware that this is wrong. Very, very wrong. Their school doesn't tolerate cheating and they're very strict when it comes to it. But he couldn't say no to Donghyuck, he seems so sure that they won't get caught but seriously, Jeno is getting nervous.

Donghyuck was busy copying Jeno's answer and he didn't realize that their teacher was behind already and silently watching them. She folded her arms and patted Donghyuck on the shoulder afterwards.

"Hyuck." Renjun called his friend quietly to warn him but the younger mistook the person tapping him for Renjun and pulled the hand off his shoulder.

"Go away. Can't you see that I'm busy?"

"What are you doing Mr. Lee Donghyuck?"

Jeno and Donghyuck both stopped answering their papers and turned around to see their teacher staring at them intently.

She shakes her head in disappointment as she looks at Jeno and then back at Donghyuck.

Jeno, on the other hand, broke out in a cold sweat and stared uneasily at their teacher. She appears amused as a result of what she has just witnessed. She had just caught a top student in this class, who is also the class president, cheating and allowing a classmate to cheat.

"I'm sure you are aware about the rules and punishment for cheating?"

"Ma'am it's not Jeno's fault!" Donghyuck defended Jeno but she made a gesture to stop Donghyuck from talking.

"I'm not interested in your reasoning. I'll give you two a zero on this quiz whether you like it or not. This will be the last time that I'll witness something like this. Do you all hear me?!" She said as she looked at the students and they all said yes in unison.

Most of them felt bad for Jeno, especially Donghyuck because he's the reason why this is happening.

Their teacher took Jeno and Donghyuck papers and she ordered them to go and squat outside.

"After this class, you will be coming with me Mr. Lee Jeno, did you hear me?" She asked with authority.

Jeno nodded. "Yes Ma'am."

"Now, outside. You two."

•••

"You said you won't get caught?" Jeno cried, pouting while looking at Donghyuck.

He felt so embarrassed because of what happened earlier. This is the first time that something like this happened to him but he can't just blame Donghyuck. It's his fault too because he agreed.

They were both squatting outside their room, while everyone else was still taking their quiz inside.

Jeno is upset, and the way their teacher stared at him worsened his situation. But it was the way Jaemin had stared at him earlier that bothered him the most.

But that's not important, he's worried about his grade and most importantly the punishment of this trouble that he just did.

"I'm really sorry Jeno-yah. I remember that she's still in front when I looked at your paper. Hey, it's not that bad to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter