Chapter 03

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

•••

Jeno was pouting unknowingly as he reflected on the incident from the day before. He was anxious when he came home because he assumed his teacher had told his parents about what had happened. But luckily she did not, or else they would scold him.

His parents are quite strict about his grades and rank. They allow him to hang out with his friends in return for maintaining excellent grades and never disappointing them, something Jeno has done since he was a child. Jeno always behaves well and does everything his parents ask of him. But that was only in the past.

Jeno's parents are wonderful people. Even though they were strict, they still gave Jeno his freedom, and because Jeno had behaved well for all those years, they no longer pressured him and allowed him to do anything he wanted, until now.

So, this is Jeno's first time in trouble, and he's worried that his parents will find out. Of course, they will find out, but he isn't sure when.

Jaemin has been Jeno's classmate since Grade 7, but they have never spoken. Jaemin is constantly serious, and he spends most of his time with Mark. Apart from that, there was tension between them, and Jaemin rarely spoke, which might be why he developed a fear of Jaemin.

The majority of the students felt they were competing to be the best, which is not true. Jeno is just working hard to excel because he wants to hang out with his friends and for Jaemin, he thinks that he’s just really smart and he has his own reasons. That's why they created the tension, and why Jaemin and Jeno couldn't communicate well.

Jeno felt too shy to approach Jaemin. He once tried to kill the tension between them in order to prove that there was still hope of getting along with Jaemin. However, the latter simply gave him icy looks, prompting Jeno to change his decision without hesitation.

When they talked, though, his preference shifted slightly.

They didn't talk much but Jaemin's presence was somehow comforting which made Jeno wonder. Not to mention that Jaemin gave Jeno food and ate lunch together too.

That's odd.

However, the way Jaemin speaks and looks at the other student gives him goosebumps.

Jeno is looking at his food as well as at Jaemin. He's confused as to why he came here with Jaemin in the first place, given that he's plainly scared of him. Jeno is still nervous around him, but not as much as before, thanks to the donuts that the younger gave him earlier because Jeno does like donuts so much.

"Eat. Why are you only staring?" Jaemin asked plainly.

"I... I just..."

"Do you want me to feed you?"

Jeno shook and dug in right away, while the younger silently observed him and grinned before continuing. He's well aware of his impact on Jeno.

"Jeno, eat slowly." Jeno began coughing as soon as Jaemin spoke, so the younger one shook and handed him water.

"T-Thanks."

"You will be cleaning the ground after this." Jaemin reminded Jeno and stared him in the eyes.

"Y-Yeah. I k-know."

•••

"I thought I will be cleaning with Jeno?! Why am I here?" Donghyuck asked of the vice president, who was gazing at him blankly at the time.

He changed his mind about what he said that Mark is better.

Donghyuck knew he was wrong, and he feels awful for leaving Jeno alone yesterday. He desperately wanted to follow them, but Jaemin warned him not to.

The vice president then summoned him and all he did was scold him and guilt-trip him even more, which Donghyuck considers insulting. Mark also informed Donghyuck that he did not deserve to hang out with Jeno.

Donghyuck couldn't help but wonder who the he thought he was to say such to him. He's only the vice president of the student council, and regardless of who he is, he has no authority to dictate to Donghyuck who he should and should not hang out with.

The younger one knows that he's wrong but Mark doesn't need to say that.

"Yes, but you were assigned to clean here." Mark answered while smirking. "Jaemin assigned you here."

They were in the gym now and it's very dirty here. Donghyuck couldn't believe that he would be cleaning this alone.

"Now, start cleaning." Mark then gave Donghyuck the mop.

"Will I be able to finish this alone?" Hyuck asked himself but Mark heard him.

"You should since you don't have a choice. You deserve it." Mark answered him, causing Donghyuck to roll his eyes.

"I didn't ask you, ." Donghyuck murmurs.

"What?"

Donghyuck ignored him and began cleaning the gym by himself, while Mark stood there grinning. He was aware that Mark was still staring at him, but he didn't mind the glances.

For all those years, he has believed that Mark is a wonderful person who will never say anything hurtful to you. But it turns out he's the polar opposite.

•••

"W-Where's H-Hyuck? I thought w-we will be c-cleaning the g-ground together?" Jeno questioned the younger while following him behind. He's looking for his friend as well, but he can't see him. He disappeared following his dismissal.

"First and foremost, can you not do that?" Jaemin replied, crossing his arms.

"D-Do w-what?"

"THAT." Jaemin emphasized and quickly, Jeno understood what Jaemin meant. Is not that he wants to do it.

"S-Sorry. I can't h-help it." Jeno then chewed his lips. He peeked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter