Chapter 12

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe I did that." Jeno said quietly, his hands on his face as he looked at himself in the bathroom mirror.

He's been thinking about what he did to Jaemin, and he's not sure why his cheeks are blushing like this.

Did he like it?

He couldn't believe he'd done that to Jaemin without hesitation. Maybe it was because he was desperate for Jaemin to stop ignoring him.

He was fine at first, glad that Jaemin wasn't talking to him, and even happier that they weren't talking to each other because he was nervous around him.

But that was in the past. He doesn't like it when Jaemin is upset with him or avoids him now that he has gotten to know him a little bit. He certainly does not want Jaemin to misinterpret him.

He is extremely embarrassed about what he did right now.

Can he even face Jaemin the next day?

Jeno was about to burst into tears due to his embarrassment when his phone rang. When he discovers that the caller is none other than Jaemin, he begins to panic.

"What the hell, why am I panicking? I didn't do anything wrong." He mumbles. "He asked for it, and I gladly gave it to him. I had no idea he knew how to crack a joke." Then he shook his head. "Let's not think about it."

Clearing his throat, he answered the phone call right away. 

"Hello? Jaemin?" 

"Hi." His voice is husky. 

What the I am thinking again? 

"What are you doing right now?" The younger asked. 

"Unfortunately, I don't have things to do right now. W-why did you ask?" Jeno asked while biting his nail. 

"Can you go out for a second?"

"Now?" 

"Mm." 

"Okay sure. I'll j-just change." 

He chews the inside of his lower lip nervously as he studies his appearance once more in the mirror before hanging up the phone while wearing a broad grin on his face. It is unknown when exactly he began beaming like this whenever Jaemin is involved and he feels really good  about it, but it doesn't matter for now.

He is in a much better mood right now just thinking about seeing Jaemin again.
 

---

 

"I really thought you're just forcing yourself to spend your time with me, like you don't want my company but since you feel bad, you're not saying anything." Jaemin said. He's taking his time to talk while staring at Jeno however, the latter couldn't focus that well since he's not used to it when someone is staring at him like that, especially when it's Jaemin.

That icy gaze of his that always manages to send shivers down Jeno's spine.

It's not that he doesn't like it, but right this second he's experiencing something that's more than just a chill, and he has no idea what it is.

"You know, I want to be close to you. But if you ever feel that way, I won't hesitate to stay away, and please tell me. I don't like forcing people, especially you." Jaemin added that his gaze was still fixed on Jeno's. He has no idea that his eyes are affecting the older for an unknown reason.

"No, seriously. That is not how I feel about you, Jaemin." Jeno blinked as he unconsciously reached for the other's hand. He took it in his hands and began to caress it. "Stop thinking like that." 

"All right, I'll stop now." He smiled sweetly before focusing his gaze on his and Jeno's hands. Jeno followed his gaze and realized what he was doing when he seemed happy while looking at it.

"Oh." He mumbled, but as he was about to remove it, Jaemin grabbed him tightly, refusing to let go, and began caressing it as well.

Jeno gave him a curious look, blinking his eyes.

"It's okay." He smiled. "Your hand is warm."

"Yours too." 

"It's so soft. I want to touch it every second." He locked his eyes on Jeno once again. "Of course, if you'll let me." He then started playing with Jeno's fingers. 

There was a brief pause during which no one spoke. They are both at ease with one another, so the silence between them is not in the least bit uncomfortable. Jeno was caught off guard when he learned that the atmosphere between him and Jaemin would be one of ease and comfort. Considering their history together and how much they misunderstood each other, the idea never occurred to him.

Jeno couldn't take his eyes off of Jaemin tonight because the latter looked to be in such a lovable and cuddly mood.

He is both very handsome yet very gentle.

What exactly is this feeling? He had never felt this way toward any of his friends.

"Jaemin."

"Hm?" 

Silence. 

But Jeno's eyes were still locked on Jaemin's but then, he ended up shaking his head. 

"Nothing." He squeezed the younger's hand. "Do you mind eating ramen with me?" 

Jaemin's face slowly lit up with a genuine and lovely smile. As if he had just won a prize whose worth no one can quantify.

"I would love to." 

 

 

 



 


"Damn, what's this?" Jeongin asked Hyunjin as soon as he came inside their office with a huge box, with Eric.

"A box, obviously. Are you stupid? Asking such an obvious thing?" Eric answered him but Hyunjin smacked him on his shoulder. "What?!"

"Don't talk to him like that. I'll smash your ing face." Hyunjin said as if he could scare Eric in that way.

Eric rolled his eyes. "It's the ingredients for our small business and I'm looking for our president since he will be the one to make those yummy cupcakes." 

"Why him? Isn't he busy?" Jeongin asked, he's now cuddled by Hyunjin. 

"He's not and Jaemin said he wants to do it himself because he doesn't trust Hyunjin, or any of us." 

"Watch your mouth!" Hyunjin said. "I can cook pretty well too. Right Jeonginie?"

"Let me go hyung." 

"Well anyway, where is he?" 

"With Jeno?" Jeongin answered while trying to free from Hyunjin's grasp and he kind of had a hard time with that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter