Chapter 17

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning," someone said behind Jeno, and it's clearly Jaemin, who has a huge grin on his face and looks like he's the happiest student taking the exam today. In reality, this is not something to smile with since your grade is on the line.

However, fate takes a different turn for Jaemin. As the morning sun rises, casting its gentle glow upon the world, his heart skips a beat in anticipation. The very sight of Jeno, with his warm smile and soft hair, ushers in a wave of joy and completion, infusing every fiber of Jaemin's being with an undeniable sense of contentedness that sets the tone for the day ahead.

"Good morning to you too."

"Good luck, Jeno-yah." Jaemin utters with a soft smile, his fingers grazing through the older's hair before slyly entwining his pinky with Jeno's. Caught off guard by this unexpected gesture, Jeno's gaze lingers on Jaemin, momentarily captivated, as he continues to watch him, curiosity dancing within his eyes.

A little smile flashed on his face before entering their classroom entirely.

Today marks the culmination of the semester as they take their last exams. People are engrossed in studying and hoping for favorable outcomes. While many feel anxious, others are more relaxed and nonchalant, not overemphasizing the situation.

"Why do you look so nervous?" Renjun asked Jeno after seeing him. "Are you doubting yourself now? You'll always do good. Relax."

"Yeah. Sure. Relax."

No he can't.

Although he's the one urging Jaemin to give his all in the exam, he still can't shake off his nervousness. Jaemin previously mentioned that being the top student isn't his main focus due to his numerous responsibilities, but he's fully capable of achieving it. Jaemin is having a great time even though it's tiring.

Jeno is not competing but in order for them to set him free with his friends and do whatever he wants, he has to be the number one.

And yet he hopes that Jaemin will do well in this exam too.

Minutes passed and they started the exam.

Even if Jeno feels tensed at this moment, he did pretty great answering his test paper. He studied very well and he's been preparing for this moment.

Though he feels like he's only studying because of his freedom, he still works hard because everything will be worth it at the end of the day.

Well, he hopes so.

He only wishes for one thing.

It's about his mother changing her mind about Jaemin.

Jeno's confused about what went down, but he's determined to find out the real deal and figure out why his mom's against Jaemin. He should know, and he will, 'cause he's innocent in all of this.

And apart from that, Jaemin is already part of his life and there's no turning back now.

Oh well, first and foremost he should focus first before anything else.

Jaemin said he needs to say something to him and it's important.

He wonders what it is?

---

"Finally! Exam is done! Let's go to karaoke!" Donghyuck screamed after getting out of their classroom and stretched his arms after. "I'll treat y'all! We deserve this!"

"I would love that! Let's go!" Renjun said.

"Okay, I'll grab some chicken. The one we all love," Giselle announced, sparking a wave of eager anticipation among the group. Their faces lit up with joy, knowing that the chicken was a special treat they always indulged in to mark their small victories, just like this one after taking their exams. It might seem like a simple thing, but for them, it was a big achievement.

"You have to come." Renjun said, pertaining to Jeno. "And you can bring Jaemin. Call him."

"Oh, right." He smiled before taking his phone from his pocket.

However before Jeno could call Jaemin, he remembered something.

Jeno remembers that he and Jaemin were supposed to have dinner together and he said that he has something to say.

It's somehow making him nervous.

"Guys, I think I can't go today."

All of them halted and looked at him confusedly.

"Why? Did your mother not want you to come?" Renjun asked.

"Oh come on man!" Donghyuck.

"She will probably ask you about the exam!" It's Giselle this time.

"Shh! Listen to him first. Why Jeno?" Karina hushed them all to listen to what Jeno would say.

The latter scratched his nape and slowly looked away. He didn't feel like telling it to them since he's shy about it, however, they should know or else, they will never leave him alone. "I already have an appointment with Jaemin after the exam, so."

A sudden quiet atmosphere engulfed them while looking at their shy friend after sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter