Chapter 15

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chenle couldn't stop laughing whenever he met Jaemin's deathly gaze. They assumed he would conduct his research alone, as is usually the case. They knew he worked alone on his projects and requirements because no one wanted to be with him for fear of being chastised by Jaemin for making a mistake.

They had no idea Jeno was going to be here. How could they possibly know?

"Yah! Stop sulking. We didn't know that Jeno was here." Mark said while eating but only whispering. Chenle and Jeno were focused on watching the movie. Mark had already seen it but still insisted on watching it again together with his friends. "If I had known, I would have dragged Chenle to Jisung's house instead of yours."

Jaemin did not respond, but his gaze is still fixed on his friends for interrupting him earlier. He felt that now was the right time to tell Jeno, and his heart agreed. But, honestly, Jaemin doesn't care about the occasion, and Jeno should know about it, he has to. He'll find out about it one of these days, so it's best to tell him sooner rather than later. Jaemin isn't sure if he has a chance, and he's not expecting Jeno to reciprocate his feelings. After what happened to them and the misunderstandings, Jeno has no way of liking him back, which is fine. Not to mention that the older was once afraid of him.

"Do you even know what I'm about to do if you didn't come?" He whispered but loud enough for Mark to hear. Mark wasn't sure if he heard him right but he can sense a little disappointment with Jaemin's voice.

The older shakes his head as he curiously waits for Jaemin's words. "What are you going to do?" He asked.

"I'm about to confess." Jaemin answered as he looked back at the older with his usual bored and icy gazes. "I'm going to tell him." 

"What? Right now?" His eyes widened when Jaemin nodded.

"You heard me." 

"Woah! I didn't expect that. You should have told me in advance so I can stop Chenle from going here."

Jaemin pouted and dropped his gaze on Jeno and Chenle. They were preparing their food for their movie marathon. 

"It's no use. It already happened."

"Wait. Does your parents knew that you-"

"They knew. I told them." 

The older heaved a soft sigh, briefly closed his eyes, and then quickly wrapped his arms around the younger in a comforting hug. "I'm proud of you."

"I know." As Jaemin struggled to free himself from Mark's grasp, the two of them couldn't help but crack a grin. 

"Your dad didn't get mad?" Mark asked carefully and he smiled when Jaemin smiled too.

Jaemin shook. "But he confessed that he couldn't accept it at first but then, he realized that there's nothing he can do about it." 

"Right. He can't do anything about it because that's you." The older then flashes a genuine smile as he continuously taps the younger on his shoulder. He's so proud of him.

Jaemin let out a long sigh, and then he turned his attention back to the two boys who were still seated on the carpet. During the course of the movie, Chenle offers a snack to Jeno.

As for Jaemin, because he was constantly busy with school stuff and also studying, he does not watch movies nearly as frequently as other people do. However, if his friends are eager about dragging him along, he will go along with them voluntarily because he knows it will make them happy.

Jaemin approached them, distancing Chenle and Jeno from one another so that he could take a seat beside Jeno. As he smiled and looked at the older, Jaemin nudged Chenle ever-so-slightly to make room for himself to sit comfortably next to Jeno.

The younger looked at him with an amused expression, and of course, he had no choice but to move to a different seat elsewhere in the room.

"Do you like it?" Jaemin asked Jeno. "The movie." 

The older smiled and nodded, but for some unknown reason, Jaemin found it endearing and couldn't resist giving Jeno a gentle pinch on the cheek.

Gosh, it's so soft. 

"It's interesting but I'm confused. I didn't know Wanda had her own series before this movie. How come she has kids? Who is the father? And where are they?" He pouted since Jeno got really confused. 

"It's Vision. The father, I mean." Mark answered.

"What?! I remember he's a robot? Right? How come?" Jeno's eyes widened. "How is that possible?" 

"I don't know. Ask Tony Stark." Chenle said.

"He's dead." 

"Shut up Mark hyung!" 

"What?"

"Are you sure that Vision is the father?" Jeno asked again.

"Who else? Pietro? In what universe?" 

"This is not an anime Chenle." 

"Haha! Funny! There's no Vision in Earth-838 because Ultron is literally fighting with Scarlet Witch." 

Jaemin looked at his friends. "Are you seriously going to discuss that here?" 

"Jeno asked who is the father of the twins." 

"Let's just say, it's complicated." 

"Well, I'll just look for it later." Jeno cuts them off since they seem ready to stop the movie and explain everything to him. 

On the other hand, Jaemin draws Jeno's attention to himself by giving him a light tap on the arm. Jeno willingly and without being asked gave Jaemin his hand, only to find out that Jaemin was just going to play with his hand.

They continued on in exactly the same manner until the day came to an end.


----


"Hey, how's your mom? I heard what happened." Renjun asked Jeno as soon as he got inside their room.

"She's fine now." 

"How about your brother? Did he really leave?" Donghyuck asked too and worried. Jeno could only answer in a simple nod, followed by a heavy sigh. 

"See that? This will happen again if they keep pushing you. I can't imagine what your brother has gone through and the fact that it's possible it will happen again in the future for the both of you!" Giselle pointed to Karina and Jeno. "What kind of plan do your parents have in their mind? It's affecting your lives!" 

Renjun held Giselle and caressed her back. "I know you're scared." He looked at Jeno after and heaved a sigh. "Yah Jeno, can't you talk to your mom? I know you love her but this is too much." He asked worriedly.

"I tried. But if she still refuses and believes that she's right, I don't think I can change her mind. If I'm going to talk about it again with her, I have to be careful. My mom's sick. She shouldn't be stressed that much." Jeno explained while playing with his backpack's strap.

"Oh God. This is so messed up." Donghyuck whispered.

"Even if Karina's pare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter