Chapter 09

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeno was standing behind Jaemin, quietly watching him cook, and he was once again taken aback by his skill and talent. He discovered that Jaemin's mother still brings him some homemade foods, but he is the one who prepares most of the meals for himself.

Is there anything in this world that Jaemin cannot do? He seems capable in everything he does.

While Jeno was looking on in awe, Jaemin smiled as he glanced over his shoulder at him from behind. Occasionally, he will feed the older one in order for him to taste the food he's cooking, and Jeno will give him another amazed look while telling him how delicious the food was.

"Damn. You keep surprising me." Jeno said.

"Is it good?"

"The word "good" isn't quite right here. You're amazing!" Jeno then made a gesture, which Jaemin found endearing as usual because that is part of Jeno's charm, and Jaemin giggled.

When Jaemin is finished cooking, Jeno assists him in putting the table setting together. It's not a lot of food, but it's enough to feed the two of them for the night.

"I can't even make myself good ramen."

"If you want to eat ramen, let me know and I'll accompany you. People say that the best place to eat ramen and then go for a walk is near the Han River."

"Aren't you busy?"

"I can make time for you." The younger smiled.

Jeno drew thin lines on his lips in response to Jaemin's words. Whenever he's with Jaemin, it seems as though his heart is celebrating within him, and he has no idea when this heart of his began beating in this way. He admits that he enjoys it when he's around now, and that it wasn't the same back at that time and thought he was scary.

It's different now.

Too different that he even liked these unknown feelings.

"Okay. I will call you." Jeno said, making Jaemin smile widened.

Both males begin to eat their meals, while Jaemin steals a brief glance over to see Jeno and how he would react to his food. He had seen it earlier, but it wasn't enough because he hadn't finished cooking yet.

He obviously wants to make a good impression on Jeno.

"Wah! This is amazing. It was even better than my mother's cooking." Jeno's eyes widened in surprise, then he realised what he had just said as he looked away. "Oh no, please don't tell anyone, especially Donghyuck, that I said that."

Jaemin nodded and wiggled his brows, clearly pleased with Jeno's feedback, and couldn't keep a smile off his face after that.

After enjoying a delicious meal together, they began working on their study. Since Jeno started the introduction, Jaemin carried on and the two of them discussed their respective points of view on the subject. As you can imagine, they have differing viewpoints, but in the end, they decided to go with Jaemin's suggestion because it will be less difficult for them to complete given their schedules over the next few days.

They also wrote down questions for their interview about their study that night, and they decided to continue on weekends after that.

It was already late in the evening when they finished their work.

"Is it okay if I drop you off? It's already past midnight." Jaemin asked Jeno while helping him organize their things.

"It's fine, I think I can manage."

"It will be safer if I'll just drop you off. I know where your house is. Trust me."

Jeno looked at Jaemin with a worried expression on his face. "It's not that I don't trust you.You should be resting now Nana, you've been working nonstop since the morning."

When Jaemin heard Jeno call him by his nickname, his smile widened once more and he instantly embraced Jeno from behind.

Meanwhile, the older became flustered in his position as a result of the unexpected affection. In that moment, he realized once more how completely different the Jaemin he had always imagined was than this new Jaemin who had appeared in front of him. Well, it's not new since this is how Jaemin truly behaves, it’s just new for Jeno.

What is he thinking in the first place? For Pete's sake, they are the same person. 

"W-What?"

"Nothing special but it makes me happy when you call me Nana."

"Isn't that your nickname?"

"Yeah. Is it weird that I find it special when it comes from you? Ahh, I love it." Jaemin then let him go after. "Anyway, I'm fine. Let me just drop you off."

Jeno shook. He can see through the younger's eyes that he's tired at this point and he seriously needs to rest immediately. When Jeno refused, it caused Jaemin to pout, but he is still trying to convince him to change his mind.

"Come on, Jeno-yah." 

Jeno pressed his tongue against his cheek as he stared at Jaemin and shook his head once again. "Just drop me off outside and wait for me to stop a cab. Listen to me, you have to rest and I know you're tired. You can drop me off at my house next time. I promise." Jeno then made a hand gesture again. He looks like talking to a child here since Jaemin seems about to sulk now that he didn't let him do what he wanted.

"Are you worried?"

"Of course."

"I thought you hated me?"

"Nana." Jeno warned him softly, earning a chuckle from Jaemin. "I never said that."

Why was I afraid of him when he's like this in real life? He's far from being scary.

"I'm kidding. Gosh, I love my name. Fine, but you promised." Jaemin then took Jeno's hand and intertwined their pinky fingers, symbolising a sealed promise. Jeno on the other hand just chuckled and nodded.


 

•••

"Jeno let's go!" Donghyuck said while shaking Jeno on his seat. They don't have classes right now since everyone is preparing for their upcoming sports fest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter