Chapter 04

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

---

"What's the deal with your irritability?" Renjun asked Karina right after their teacher announced the dismissal. She looked pissed the minute she walked into their room, and her furrowed brows haven't left his face till now.

"As usual." Giselle answered and gazed at Jeno.

They got what Giselle meant and they all nodded in unison. Karina and Jeno have been coping with it since last year. Their parents are friends, and when Karina and Jeno were born and they noticed how well they got along, they decided on their own to force them to marry in the future. Their parents only informed them when they became senior high schools.

Of course, Jeno and Karina don't want that to happen and they only see each other as friends and nothing more. Also, Karina has a boyfriend already for 3 years.

"As soon as I woke up, they ordered me to ask Jeno out on a date, so I became upset and told them I already had a boyfriend, and when I told them it wasn't Jeno, they got angry." Karina then rolled her eyes and pushed her hair away from her face in frustration.

"Wow, your parents are something else." Renjun shook his head as he shifted his gaze between Jeno and Karina.

"Yah, did your parents confront you about it again?" Donghyuck asked Jeno, and the older shook in response.

"No, not yet. I'm hoping they get amnesia and forget everything."

"Yeah." Karina nodded in agreement. "Who even thought of such a thing? It's stupid."

"Too many tv shows, I think?" Giselle laughed.

"Jaemin will be furious if he finds out." Donghyuck continued, which caused everyone to look at him puzzledly, and Jeno slapped him on the shoulder as a result.

"Jaemin? Why would he do that? Does he like Karina?" Renjun drew his arms around his chest.

"Or Jeno?" Giselle elaborated.

"What's up with you?" Jeno nudges Giselle on the shoulder, but she smirks at him as she notices his cheeks turning crimson. "Shut the up Lee Donghyuck." Jeno added and pinched Donghyucks shoulder but the younger only laughed at him.

"Why? You like hot guys." Giselle answered but Jeno ignored her.

"Aww, why are you hurting me? It's just my hunch." Donghyuck pouted while rubbing his shoulder which Jeno pinched and hit at the same time.

"Anyway, I don't want to think about it. Giselle and I have to go now." Karina rose to her feet and collected her purse.

"Where?"

"To the dance troupe studio. They invited us to perform for the upcoming sports fest." Giselle answered. "See you!" Then Karina pulled her and they left the room.

Donghyuck and Jeno glanced at Renjun since he would be alone here while they did their punishment to clean the ground. Apparently, two sections are now using the gym, so Donghyuck will join Jeno.

"What?"

"We're heading outdoors to clean right now."

"Ah, alright. Let's go."

"Huh?" -Jeno.

"I'm going with you since I have nothing to do now."

"Alright then. Let's go." Jeno nodded and pulled Renjun along with them.

The three make their way to the ground where Jeno and Donghyuck would clean when Jeno notices the familiar presence of their student council president. He had no clue why it had become familiar to him now. He's with the other student council officers, Chenle and Jisung and they seem to be talking about important things because the other two males were also serious.

Jaemin noticed Jeno immediately after and he went closer to him, making Renjun and Donghyuck stare at the president strangely.

"You go first. I'll just do something at the office. I'll be quick." Jaemin then patted Jeno on the shoulder and looked at Jeno's friend before gesturing to Jisung and Chenle to follow him.

"Okay." Jeno nodded.

Chenle tapped Donghyuck's shoulder too to greet him.

Just like Donghyuck from the other day, Renjun gave the younger a questioning look because he's also confused.

"I'm not aware that you were close? The last thing I heard is you're scared of him but he's hot. What was that?" Renjun asked when Jaemin left while poking Jeno's shoulder.

Jeno didn't bother answering him because his eyes are still on Jaemin.

"You know what?"

"No I don't." Renjun answered him quickly so Jeno shifted his gaze at the older with a grimace on his face.

"Know what?" Donghyuck nudged him to continue.

"I am regretting right now." He whispered.

"Why?" - Renjun asked confusedly.

"I should have approached him more frequently in the past. I just learned that it's simply his personality to look at someone he's not close with for the first time, but he'll change if you get to know him even a little bit. I'm so stupid to have realized this only now. I wasted all those years." Jeno whined. "He's also curious why I'm afraid of him, despite the fact that we're not actually talking to each other."

"Exactly." Donghyuck agrees.

Jeno kept thinking about it last night and he realized that Jaemin is not actually that bad. He may appear strict or cold in public because that is what he always sees but he's nice. It's their first actual talk, as classmates and he looks different.

"Jaemin is right. Why do you get scared easily? Remember the last time when you met Sungchan for the first time? Just because of his height, you think that he's also scary. What kind of logic is that?" Renjun hissed.

"You didn't see him play soccer but I meant it in a nice way. Our school keeps winning because of him." Jeno explains and ruffles his hair. "I'm not sure, but the way Jaemin looked at me at the time made me feel like I was approaching him to copy his answers. That's why I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't be close to him, no matter what."

Donghyuck shook his head and motioned them to follow him. They also grabbed extra cleaning supplies already from the stockroom, and Renjun sat on one of the benches while filming his friends cleaning and teasing Donghyuck about it.

"Hey, student! Have a look at this. It's still filthy in here. Why don't you do your job right?" Renjun teased Donghyuck, who was cleaning in front of him now.

"If you don't want me to cover your mouth with this ing broomstick then shut the up, ." Donghyuck responded to Renjun, who was still laughing at him.

"You're so cranky. Why don't you pose for a moment and we'll post it to Instagram later?"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, but he made some poses here and there, trying to be a model, while Jeno simply watched them, chuckling because he thinks they're silly.

"Perfect. One more."

"Shoot me perfectly and I'll post it on instagram." Donghyuck said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter