Chapter 11

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeno purses his lips as he observes Jaemin's conversation with Ryujin and Yuqi. While talking to them, he has his usual icy expression on his face, and there's this other unfamiliar guy who is also tailing him.

Jaemin hasn't spoken to Jeno yet.

He's still upset about what he said yesterday, so he avoided him and went home with Hyunjin and Eric.

Then there's this guy who showed up out of nowhere and has been pestering Jaemin to allow him to become a member of their club.

"Is he still not speaking to you?" Renjun inquired of Jeno, who was staring at Jaemin with a visible pout on his lips. Renjun felt sorry for him because he knew Jeno couldn't stop thinking about it and Jaemin still refused to talk to him.

Today is their sports fest, and as usual, their student council officers were once again on the move, going from one location to another and assisting everyone. It wasn't just the student councils who were busy, but also every officer, who was also occupied with their respective booths.

Jeno wants to talk to Jaemin, but the latter is busy and he can't just ask him because he wants to.

"I believe I offended him inadvertently." Jeno said, still pouting and staring at Jaemin from a distance. "He mistakenly believed that I befriended him because I felt sorry for him. I didn't mean it that way, believe me. It's just a choice of words on my part." Jeno added with a long sigh, and Renjun began tapping him on the shoulder.

He truly wants to bombard the younger with a barrage of text messages from last night until today in order to get him to talk to Jeno again, but Jeno is apparently afraid that he will annoy Jaemin by doing so.

Jeno didn't mean it, but the damage was done because he had already hurt Jaemin.

Renjun sighed as well and handed a lollipop to his friend. He had already opened it for Jeno.

He may be smaller than Jeno, but Renjun treats him as his younger brother despite the fact that he is months older than him; the same goes for Donghyuck.

"I believe in you, Jenjen. I think you have to wait for him to calm down a little bit? I heard from Mark that Jaemin has wanted to be close to you ever since and he got really excited when the two of you started talking to each other. I'm not close to him but I think I understand Jaemin too."

Jeno could only nod and his eyes shifted on where Jaemin was as of now. Heaving a sigh, he decided to watch him afar before leaving the place completely since Renjun has a plan to watch other games and apart from that, his boyfriend will also be coming today.

Since Jaemin still has things to do, Jeno will most likely just speak with him later, if at all.

Currently, the opening is about to begin, and they promised Giselle and Karina that they would come watch their performance, which they have been rehearsing.

But, more seriously, Jeno was unable to concentrate because he was preoccupied with thoughts of Jaemin and how he will make up with him.

----

Jeno felt bad again.

Renjun was properly introducing his boyfriend to them and finally meeting him for the first time right after telling them that he already has a boyfriend, but he wasn't paying attention to them that's why he felt bad.

Yangyang seemed friendly, and they were now joking around with him. It's not difficult to get close to him, which is fantastic.

"Can you ask Mark if it's okay to talk to Jaemin right now, Hyuck?" Jeno drew Donghyuck close and whispered this to him.

"What? You're still not talking, aren't you?" Donghyuck blinked his eyes.

"He has a lot on his plate." Jeno mumbles under his breath. He had attempted to approach Jaemin earlier, who was sitting quietly enjoying his ice americano, but when he met his cold gaze, Jaemin stood up, and at the same time, Yuqi called him to discuss some important matters with him.

He doesn't have an idea whether Jaemin will go to him or not because Yuqi called him.

The latter is quite impossible as of now.

"I think he's capable of making time for you."

"But he's upset with me."

"Should I pay for a jail booth for both of you?" Karina suggested while eating her food, drawing Jeno and Renjun's attention to her. "There's no way he can get out of there."

"Yes! That's right. That would work, I'm sure." Donghyuck said this as he gave Karina a high five.

"However, you must pay someone who isn't afraid of dragging Jaemin though." Renjun stated.

"Who is he? Jeno's boyfriend?" Yangyang asked Renjun, but his question caused Donghyuck and Giselle to shriek and laugh at the same time. They were delighted just because of that. Really.

"Very soon Yangie. We'll get there." Giselle responded by nodding, and Jeno couldn't defend himself because he didn't have the energy, so he just let them make Yangyang think that way.

Whatever they want. Just don't let Jaemin hear that.

Jeno is not also against Karina's idea either, that will probably work.

Hopefully, Jaemin will not be mad.

"I know someone at the soccer club who isn't afraid of Jaemin. They're the ones in charge of the jail booth, right?" - Donghyuck asked and Renjun nodded.

"Sungchan!" Giselle.

"And Yeonjun." - Karina.

"Fantastic." Donghyuck applauded them.

"So that's the plan." Yangyang.

"Any thoughts, Jeno? Suggestions and solutions?" - Renjun jokingly questioned his sulking friend who's been pouting since earlier.

Gosh, this fellow looks so sad. He's in a bad mood.

Jeno blinked twice. "I just hope, Jaemin won't get mad."

"You freaking knew that it's impossible, right? He's Jaemin." Donghyuck puts his arm around Jeno and winks at him. "But don't worry, everything will be fine."

"I'm not sure if I should put my trust in you on that."

"You have to."

He sighs. "Anyway, I'll try talking to him again today, and if he still avoids me, let's do it tomorrow. Shall we?"

Jaemin winces in pain when Chenle accidentally hits him hard. They were watching a football match between 11th and 12th graders, and the game was even better than they had imagined. Everyone is getting pumped up, making the game more exciting despite the fact that it is only the first day.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." Chenle apologized and instantly offered him his food. "Do you want some?"

"I'm fine."

Chenle pursed his lips and looked over at Mark, who was also staring at Jaemin. Ever since he came to school early in the morning, he's been in a foul mood. He looked strict most of the time but they k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter