Chapter 08

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A familiar presence approaches Jeno while having the time of his life and is spending the rest of his spare time at the library when the feeling occurs. How can he fail to notice when other people in his near area abruptly moved and some of them quietly left after sensing his familiar presence in the room?

It's Jaemin, who else?

Jeno is spending his time in the library because of their IMRad study in Entrepreneurship. Jaemin had been busy earlier, no doubt due to his responsibilities as president of the student council, but he promised that he would do it after class.

Since the sports festival is also approaching, everyone is frantically preparing for it,  and as usual, the student council officers are also included and every club as well for their booths or other stuff that they were planning to do.

Jaemin seemed concerned, and when he sat next to Jeno, who was busily researching on the internet, he sighed deeply and put his head on his palm while gazing at him.

"What exactly is it? Are you all right?"

"We've got an issue." The younger spoke something in hushed tones, but he is obviously complaining. He doesn't seem to be intimidating right now, but he does appear to be worried.

Jeno paused his browsing and focused his attention on the younger, who is also staring at him.

"Our secretary has abandoned us." Jaemin pouted which made Jeno taken aback.

He may be exaggerating, but in reality, everything Jaemin does shocks him since this guy here already seems to be at ease in his presence. Jaemin has always been seen as a cold and intimidating student council president, but in fact, he is a kind and caring person.

And sweet.

Just look how he smiles, he seems like a sweet person.

Jaemin is nice. He knew at that time that Jeno was clearly scared of him but still, he gave him food and comforted him after being scolded because of the incident.

“Anyway, open your mouth." Jaemin whispered.

Jeno was confused but he didn't ask anyway and opened his mouth instead as what Jaemin told him and there, Jaemin fed him two pieces of gummy bears.

"Shh. I've also got gummy worms."

"Is this allowed here?"

"Of course not. Just don't make it obvious. This is my stress reliever." Jaemin then ate two pieces of gummy bears too. "Well, she's not really leaving, but she has an important matter to attend to in another country, so she won't be able to participate for the time being." 

"Does she usually accompany you to meetings?" Jeno asked, whispering since they couldn't be too loud in here, and turning off the computer at the same time so they could go.

"Oh." Jaemin gave a nod. "It's because she has to take notes. But we're not interested in each other. It's just our job as officers, don't worry."

Jeno looked at Jaemin with a puzzled expression after shutting off the computer entirely.

What is he talking about?

"I'm not worried. Why should I?" He asked.

Jeno is not worried, just curious. He's just really curious since he noticed Jaemin and their secretary are close, and she doesn't seem to be afraid of him. Perhaps she came to know Jaemin as well since they usually work together when the school conducts activities.

Jaemin stood up and smirked at him. "Well, I just want to make it clear for you. Just in case." Jaemin then pulled Jeno gently and left.

"I'm still thinking about what Donghyuck said." The younger murmurs when they exited the library and then his attention turns to Jeno, whose cheeks are gradually reddening. "Do you truly think that way about me?"

"W-What?"

"You think I'm hot."

Jeno's cheeks were now as red as tomatoes, particularly when he looked Jaemin in the eyes. The way the younger looks at him makes his legs weak, and he feels like he's about to melt.

Is that even possible?

"C-Can you not just b-bring it up? He's just t-teasing me, okay?"

"But, the way you act suggests that Donghyuck is speaking the truth." Jaemin said innocently and ate a piece of gummy bear.

"But still!" Jeno halted and chewed his bottom lip.

Seriously, he seems to be a complete fool. If he continues to behave in this manner, how can Jaemin believe him? He can just deny it and maintain his composure without making himself obvious, right? But just look at what he's up to.

Damn, Lee Donghyuck. You're dead.

"Well, I'm happy you have such a positive opinion of me. It's way better than contemplating how scary I am even though I did nothing to you." Jaemin smirks at him and ruffles the older's soft hair.

"Ugh, whatever. But I'm telling you, I'm just fooling around at that time."

"Okay, sure. At least I know that I'm hot according to you."

Jeno casts a look at the younger one, who doesn't seem to be buying what he's attempting to convince him of. Is he even listening?

Jaemin gave him a teasing smile but Jeno just shrugged.

"Do you mind if we have lunch together?" The younger asked.

"Why don't you come with me instead? It seems like Hyuck and Renjun have become used to seeing you with me."

"Really? Can I?" Jaemin asked happily and Jeno couldn't help but smile as well and nodded.

He's cute too. Oh no.

 

💫
 

"This is our last year. What if I'll try playing sports this time? I've been wanting to try playing chess these days." Renjun muttered and his friends looked at him because of his sudden statement.

"Are you serious?" Donghyuck asked.

"Mm." He nodded. "I'll bring Yangyang so you can meet him properly this time. I'm a hundred percent sure that you two will get along." He added while looking at Donghyuck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter