Chapter 10

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeno slammed his body on the couch after completing his and Jaemin tasks for the day. They assisted the others in decorating the entire school, and Renjun was the one who suggested it. He stated that they do not need to consider it because it involves too much work, but Yuqi stated that it is fine. Last year's sports fest was a little boring because they didn't put much effort into decorating the entire campus, and they enjoyed Renjun's idea. They even about joining their club.

Meanwhile, Jeno was exhausted today from following Jaemin around because everyone practically calls for him and asks for his help or ideas, and some teachers are also asking for him. Fortunately, Jeno was with him at all times.

And Jaemin didn't forget to express his gratitude to Jeno.

"Wow, Donghyuck and Renjun are really skilled at this." Chenle nodded as Hyunjin spoke.

"Don't let them hear what you're saying." Jisung chuckles as he joins Chenle in cleaning up the mess.

"Unfortunately, we already did." Donghyuck smirks at Jisung, and Renjun nods. "Anyway, we have to get going."

"Where?" Mark inquired, making Donghyuck signs since he has a hunch that he will follow them again.

"At Soobin's house. We have to do our study and don't even bother to follow us. Soobin will pick us up."

"Ah really? Can I at least drop you off outside the campus?" He asked, still trying to persuade the younger.

"Mark, really? We will be fine." Donghyuck stared at him blankly and grabbed Renjun.

"But still..."

"We can still see each other tomorrow. Let's go." He didn't wait for Mark's response and left with Renjun right away, and they didn't bother saying goodbye to Jeno because they knew he was in good hands.

"You're so clingy." Chenle said, pertaining to Mark and the older just pouted.

"I can't help it."

Jaemin approached Jeno, who was resting on their couch, quietly. He sat alongside him, holding two juice drinks and bread in his hand, to catch his attention. The younger softly taps him on the cheek, and after he opens his eyes, Jaemin shows him the food in his hand.

"You seem tired. I'm sorry."

"Hmm?" Jeno hummed, squinting his eyes, and turned to look at the younger. "What are you talking about?" Jeno then snatched the food from Jaemin's grasp.

"You have to follow me around since you agreed to help me, and you're tired now."

Jeno gives the younger a warm smile and squeezes his cheek. "It's all right. Don't worry about it, and know that I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you."

"Really? Do you mean it?" Jeno nodded as the younger asked carefully. He's starting to eat the bread while staring at Jaemin, who hasn't moved his eyes.

"I really mean it. I know you can do anything, but you're still a student. Even if we don't always talk, I can still see you around. You were tired, but you couldn't say no."

After hearing that, Jaemin couldn't help but smile. Everything feels surreal until now, as if it happened only yesterday when he assumed Jeno approached him to make fun of his score, resulting in them being awkward with each other. And now they've been stuck to each other like best friends for a long time.

It's rather surprising how Jeno can easily understand Jaemin, and when the older was helping him, Jaemin didn't need to say anything because Jeno understood what he wanted to happen.

Those feelings and instincts are amazing.

"Thank you."

"No worries." Jeno tapped the younger on the shoulder with a smile. "Just let me know if you're tired. You don't have to keep your cool in front of me. What you were doing was truly exhausting."

"You're right. I only realized it when you said I looked weary."

Jeno sighs slowly and looks at Jaemin. "Are you serious?" He asked, and the younger responded with a nod.

"After the sports fest, I can finally rest and concentrate on our mini research study." Jaemin stated, and he immediately noticed Jeno's drowsiness, but the latter is still attempting to listen to him. Jaemin's eyes were drawn to Jeno's attractive features at the time.

Jeno, on the other hand, is adorable for Jaemin. He always thought of him as cute because he did endearing things all the time, which is why he enjoyed him even if they weren't close.

They may not have been talking at the time, but Jaemin's eyes were always glued to Jeno.

He's obvious, that's why Mark, Chenle and Jisung when they caught Jaemin staring at Jeno out of nowhere.

"Come here." Jaemin muttered and gently laid Jeno's head on his shoulder, allowing him to rest there.

Jeno was confused, but he continued to follow and didn't complain. He was drowsy. "Take a break. I can also see you're tired."

Jeno murmured and drew closer to the younger. He was astonished that Jaemin's shoulder was so comfy, and that he smelled so good as usual.

The other officers didn't mind because they were aware that these two were now close, unlike before. Some of them also realized why their president was only behaving like that to Jeno only and not even to his friends.

They were simply happy for him.

"You two just rest there. We'll get this cleaned up." Hyunjin muttered, dragging Eric away, because this fellow had been resting since earlier.

---

They were nearly finished decorating the entire campus, and the program for their three-day sportsfest was also completed. The students who volunteered have already completed their tasks, and they will receive additional P.E. credit for assisting the student council officers.

They were now busy preparing their small booth to sell cupcakes. It's their business and their money since they've all teamed together to sell the cupcakes that their president gifted them on their first day as officials because they're tasty. They are certain that everyone will enjoy it.

"Have you seen Jaemin?" Jeno asked Mark. He just came since he got something to do in their classroom.

"He was with Jisung earlier. But I'm not sure where they will go." Mark looks at him. "How are you two doing? You seem to be closer than ever." He teased Jeno and tried to offer him some of his food because Mark had a lot. And, of course, Jeno accepts it because he likes food. Who is he to refuse?

Just like Jaemin, Mark's quite popular too.

"Did we?" He la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter