Chapter 06

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I already informed Renjun that you will be part of our research group in Mr. Seo's subject." Jeno murmured to Jaemin after taking up a position next to the younger. Jeno is now relaxing before returning home, and Jaemin is accompanying him.

"Have you ever thought about our title?" Jaemin asked, as he handed him a bottle of water in the process.

Jeno is becoming more confused as to why Jaemin continues to provide him with water, juice, or anything else immediately after cleaning. When Jisung or Chenle were in charge of keeping an eye on him the previous time, they also provided him with water and food, claiming that it came from Jaemin. Is it necessary for him to do so?

Well, Jeno is not complaining. Curiosity got the better of him.

"Not yet. However, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any ideas." As Jeno responded, he opened the bottled water and began to sip the contents of the bottle.

"Okay, I will." Jaemin nodded.

"Anyway, I'm quite amazed by your rules. Whoever came up with the idea seems to be a really good person." Jeno then uses his handkerchief to wipe away the sweat from his forehead. Despite the fact that Jaemin had no clue what Jeno was talking about, he didn't say anything and let the older to continue.

"This." Jeno drew his finger to the bottle. "Everytime I'm done with my punishment, you always give me food and drinks." He continued cheerfully, causing Jaemin to giggle as well, since the sound of Jeno's laugh is contagious, and his eye grin is particularly attractive to look at.

Jaemin shook his head and combed his hair. Jeno mistakenly believed that Jaemin providing him with a snack was in accordance with their regulations, which is not the case. "What rules? I'm giving you a snack because I wanted to. It's not part of the rules, Jeno."

With his eyes widening, Jeno came to a complete halt gulping water. "Oh, it isn't?" He asked and Jaemin responded with a nod.

The older pouted rubbed the back of his neck before giving the younger a shy smile. "I didn't know but y-you don't have to do this, you know? But thank you."

"It's fine. As long as it's you." Jaemin then flashed a little smile. "I just want to prove that I'm not really scary just like what you think of me."

Why does Jeno's heart feel happy every time he watches Jaemin smile? He has no clue. It's just been a couple of times, but he's already taken to it.

He was completely unaware that Jaemin had the most beautiful smile.

Maybe he's just not used to it since he always sees him with a serious and stern expression on his face when he's monitoring or talking with the other students, particularly with the respected teachers at their school, and he's not used to it.

Jeno, on the other hand, is just thinking about the younger's lovely smile right now.

As for the guy himself, he's sitting there, staring at him, regretting the day he decided not to approach him and wasting those years with his erroneous ideas.

"A-about that..."

"Yeah?"

Jeno bites his lower lip while he fidgets his fingers. "There's actually a reason why I think about you like that. In our 7th grade year, do you remember the day when we were finished with our exams? The students are under the idea that we are in a competition with one another, which is completely false."

"Oh, you're not? I thought you were." Jaemin said and Jeno nodded.

"It's not. I'm not competing against you. I just want to do my best because that's the only way I can hang out with my friends. My parents are very strict. So I was saying, I want to kill the tension between us so I tried to get close to you. But as soon as you look at me, I backed out. You made me feel like I'm going to copy your answers to glare at me like that." Jeno said, and couldn't keep his hands steady while he was talking. It is his habit to explain things with his hands in order to ensure that his message is delivered properly to the person with whom he is speaking.

"Your parents are strict?" Jeno nodded in response to the younger's question. "I see, they have a good reason for this." After that, Jaemin's gaze travelled over the other's face.

"Yeah."Jeno nodded, completely oblivious to what Jaemin was getting at.

"Oh." He moved his attention away from the older and blinked his eyes twice before returning his focus to him. "I was afraid you were going to make fun of me at the moment, so I scowled at you." Jeno seemed to be perplexed, according to Jaemin.

"Huh? Why would I make fun of you?"

"I don't know? Because of my score?"

"I won't do that." Jeno pouted and started drinking water.

"I know, but it's too late for me. You're not looking at me anymore, and you're doing all you can to avoid me. That's quite an accomplishment." Jaemin shook. "However, I'm happy that we're having this conversation now." He continued, a smile on his face as he looked at Jeno. The fact that Jaemin was looking at him with a genuine smile made his heart beat faster once again.

He's so beautiful.

And yes, he's hot as well.

He can be both, but that will be too much for Jeno.

"So, you know how to smile?"

"Of course. What are you saying? Since you invited me to be a part of your study, I've been beaming with delight."

"I thought I was dreaming because I had never seen you smile before."

A heavy sigh escaped Jaemin's lips as he sank to the seat to relax his back. He also took a sip of water from his tumbler before speaking. "Jeno, I am the student council president. If I will look friendly just like Mark, I think no one will follow me and they will take me as a joke. I don't want that to happen." Jaemin explained and then he looked at the older. "I have to act that way and follow the rules to earn the respect and trust of the students. I'm not saying that Mark doesn't have the respect and trust of the students. He may look frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter