Chapter 07

Ice Cream | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•••


"Were you that excited?" Donghyuck asked Jeno who had just arrived at their school with a big smile on his face. His brother dropped him off before he left for work, and he made sure to express his thanks to him thereafter.

Jeno and Donghyuck had already completed their community service duties, and the relationship between the latter and Mark had remained unchanged for the time being. In contrast to Jeno and Jaemin, who became closer, which caused the other students to think it was unusual. Look at those two behaving like they are best friends already. Maybe it's because they haven't seen them talking to each other and they knew Jeno was scared of Jaemin.

Jeno, on the other hand, isn't really concerned about what people think of him. They didn't know Jaemin personally at all.

Furthermore, they have promised not to repeat the mistake. If Jeno makes the same mistake again, his parents may not allow him to hang out with his friends again. Jeno is quite scared of making the same mistake more than once.

"What?"

"What's with the cheeky smile?" Renjun asked him.

"I'm just happy to help the environment."

"I see. Jaemin must be the one who influenced you." Donghyuck comments and Renjun agrees with a nod.

"Hi cutie." The trio's attention were drawn to their vice president because of his sudden appearance.

Donghyuck gave him a dismissive smirk and immediately turned his back on him because Mark came to again, and Mark has just started teasing Donghyuck out of nowhere because there was a moment when Mark saw something in him that made him believe the younger was adorable.

"Who's cutie?" Jeno asked, and Mark did not hesitate to point his finger to Donghyuck.

Renjun and Jeno stared at the older in awe and then returned their gaze on Donghyuck with a questioning look, obviously curious as to why Mark called him cutie.

"Shut the up. I'm not a cutie!" The younger then rolls his eyes on him.

"You are, especially when your cheeks are puffed and while you're eating." Mark stated with a mischievous grin on his face that didn't go away quickly.

"What in the world are you talking about?" Donghyuck turned his back on him and was ready to walk away, but Mark grabbed his arm and pulled him back to stop him from leaving.

Jeno and Renjun were simply standing there looking at them. Meanwhile, Renjun couldn't really believe that Donghyuck stopped liking Mark after liking him for about a year already. It's quite unbelievable in his case because he knew Donghyuck would never change his heart that fast.

"Do you still hold a grudge against me?" Mark asked. "Look, all I want is for you to take some time to think about what you did."

"But you're exaggerating. Your choice of words could hurt people badly." Donghyuck then yanked his arm from the older's grip.

"All right, I'm sorry about that, and I'm sure that you will never do it again."

Instead of answering, Donghyuck just pouted while rolling his eyes. To his surprise, Mark placed an arm over Donghyuck's shoulder and gently pulled him closer to him, ruffling his hair softly and obviously adoring him.

"Come on, you used to give me a kind smile every time you saw me. Do you honestly believe I didn't notice?" Donghyuck was eager to redirect his attention to Mark when he said that.

"That was before." Donghyuck shoved Mark's arm against his shoulder, and he was ready to walk away when the older put his arm around Donghyuck's waist this time and drew him closer.

"What the hell?!"

"You're going with me." Mark then cast a look over his shoulder towards Renjun and Jeno. "Let me borrow your friend." And then he left with Donghyuck, who is desperately attempting to break away from the vice president's grasp.

Renjun and Jeno were simply standing there observing, but they couldn't stop themselves from cooing at them.

Afterwards, the teachers who had been assigned to accompany them, including Mr. Kim, Ms. Bae, Mr. Lee, and Mr. Moon, instructed the seniors to enter the buses, which would depart in a minute. Donghyuck, who was supposed to be with Jeno and Renjun will be on the other bus because of Mark, and they have no clue what the two of them would be up to.

And what exactly is the cause of Mark's abrupt shift of attitude toward Donghyuck?

Well, nevermind.

Jeno wandered his eyes because he's obviously looking for someone who's intimidating and scary at the same time. He hadn't seen him the moment he arrived at school.

"Where's Giselle and Karina?"

"Probably inside already." Renjun said while attempting to make a phone call to someone. He's probably calling his boyfriend. "Baobao, we're about to leave now."

Renjun entered the bus already, while Jeno is still looking for Jaemin. He wondered as to why he was looking for him as well, and he was shaken to the point that he decided to follow Renjun inside the bus instead. However, just as he was about to enter the bus, someone grabbed his wrist and forced him to turn around to face whomever it was who had stopped him.

It turned out to be Jaemin. He's a little sweaty and panting a little bit right now.

"Can you save me a seat beside you? We're just having a small meeting." The younger said and sipped from his bottled water.

"S-Sure." Jeno blinked his eyes.

"Thanks." Jaemin smirks and left, while Jeno's watching him leave, seems in awe after seeing Jaemin wearing a simple black shirt and thinking that he looks good in it. It's just a black shirt, not a big deal honestly.

"Gosh. Why does he look so fine?" He mumbles then shakes and he boards the bus fully. Jeno is fully aware of his thoughts for Jaemin, and he isn't crazy about admitting them aloud. If he had known that he was going to be Jaemin's friend, he would have never shared these things with his friends.

Take a look at how they when he said that Jaemin is hot.

He genuinely does believe Jaemin is handsome, but it shouldn't be taken too seriously, right?

Right? It's normal.

Upon seeing Renjun seated with Karina and Giselle in the last row, the latter saw him and waved her hand and pointed to the vacant seat in front of them.

"Hey! We saved you two seats." Giselle said.

"You can sit there with your hottie president." Karina then winks at Jeno.

"What are you saying?" Jeno pouted and dropped his backpack on the seat and sat there.

Later, it seems that the student council officers have completed their brief meeting, and Jeno notices Jaemin walking in. Jeno was nowhere to be seen, so his brows were knitted together as they always were, and when Jaemin found him, his knitted brows vanished.

He sat beside Jeno, who was about to greet him but Jaemin instantly laid his head on the older'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter