9: Really Bad Girl

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

J O Y

 

It has been a month since I last took an assignment from the director with a pair but now, we're three of us: me, Irene and Seulgi. The director told us to investigate a school where there is a strange anomaly that is happening to a couple of students where they think that they getting shifted into what's real and what's not.

 

Strange. It might be some sort of a sorcerer or another vampire with a unique ability, even the director doesn't know who is  making this anomaly. That's why we were dispatched to investigate this matter.

 

Once we're in front of the school, we were dressed decently as inspectors. Moonbyul, one of Director Oh's secret agent, whistles as we look at the school. "You know this used to be a hospital back in Second World War, now they renovated it to become a school for the students to learn a thing or two to become role models for human development." She commented as she was chewing her gum.

 

Irene looked at Moonbyul, "Why did Director Oh sent you here?" She asked. She blinked and clears before smiling at them, "He sent me to make sure no one will notice your presence nor your faces." She explains before she swishes her hand to make a hand sign of Zen before chanting a spell.

 

"Hidden Seal: Chronos." She chanted before a huge dome was made and it engulfed the whole school, it means she stopped the time and motion inside the school.

 

"You can enter the area now, however I can only hold off the time by an hour. Make sure you don't waste every seconds while investigating." She instructed before nodding at her, "Thanks Moonbyul." Seulgi smiles and makes a fist bump with her before we enter inside the area. "Good luck, I'll be waiting by the car." She waved and left.

 

As we enter the school, we saw students and their actions as they were paused by Moonbyul's ability to stop time, we saw how the students do in their everyday life and this reminds me of us being in high school. Irene silently saunters through the corridor as we followed her, then Seulgi asked us. "By the way, what was your high school life before you joined BBS?"

 

Irene looked at a student sitting in the corner of the room while holding her headphones, I can already tell what our 'team leader' was in her high school. "Just a typical high school student, joined in a student council before I graduated." She answered with a small smile, 'Liar.' I thought to myself before Seulgi turns to me.

 

"What about you, Sooyoung?" She asked while we're walking, I answered straight. "I never went to school until my 11th grade." I said monotonously before looking away from the gaze of the two, "Why?" Irene asked, "I was homeschooled."

 

With my answer, Seulgi chuckles and shakes her head, "Right, you're from a wealthy family and maybe because you don't want to study--"

 

"Can we just split up and investigate the whole area?" I cut her off with a glaring look, Seulgi and Irene looked at each other and they nodded. "Just like Moonbyul said, we can't waste the given time here, let's split up." Irene ordered before she instructed Seulgi to go to the gymnasium while I have to go to the cafeteria and Irene will be in the classrooms.

 

While walking to the cafeteria alone, I start remembering the times when I was a student. I was considered an athlete, every games I took, I always won... because I was stronger than them, and faster. I'm a half-blood anyway, everything elevates than being a human. Some of my classmates were jealous of me, because I always stood out of the class and became 1st. My high school days is something I don't like to share with them.

 

As I entered the cafeteria, I saw many students enjoying their meal in a paused time and some are grouped up to tell stories. I checked the time in my smart watch to see that it was already 15 minutes prior to our entry in the school, we only have 45 minutes to investigate and find the anomaly.

 

I suddenly sense a movement from behind me before I turn around to see a student lunging an attack on me with a blade, I quickly parried it with mine as I unsheathe a little of my blade as it hits against another before I pulled back and jump from a distance to see a high schooler who can move through the paused time.

 

"Is this--" The girl was fast and very agile, "So you're the anomaly they're talking about." I spoke before unsheathing my blade as I glared at her.

 

"A-anomaly? What the hell are you talking about? Why did you stopped the time?" By the words she said, she seemed clueless as well. "You're just a human... How did you get through a time halt?" I asked her.

 

"Because I--" She wasn't finish talking when she starts charging with her blade towards me, I hissed in annoyance and put myself on a defensive stance as I deflect all the other's attack, "W-Winter-- wait!" The human scolded as if someone's controlling her body. She's possessed, "The demon's host, shall not be harmed." I muttered before I saw an opening and disarms the other's katana and kicked the girl away from me.

 

"Don't worry, girl. This will only be quick." I told as I my fingers along the sharp edges of my blade to see a green glow from it, it's one of the hidden techniques of my ancestor as they exorcise possessed humans. "W-wait! I'm not--"

 

"Mind be purged, world be saved... Demons must diminished." I muttered the verses of this technique as my eyes glowed green, "Exorcism Style: Hell-bent Return." Then I charged towards the girl possessed by a demon. As I was about to graze the other's skin, she summoned a blade from her hand which surprised me and pushes further to get away from me.

 

"I'm. Not. A. Demon!" The girl's hair changed to blonde and pushes me with great strength before I flew against the wall and groaned as my back got hurt from the impact before falling down to the ground. I slowly got u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter