17: Aeri Needs a Break

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Goguryeo, 372 BC...

 

There was once a beautiful maiden walking along the streets of their town, she comes from the noble family that has deeper connections with the current king of the kingdom. She has an extraordinary beauty that many suitors wanted to touch her hand. But her older sister always so protective of her, she wanted to make herself stand out than her younger sister.

 

"Eonnie..." The younger maiden looked at her as they were watching down the people who were mostly peasants working their everyday work, "Why I can't interact with them...?" The older sister nonchalantly glanced at the other. "Because they are humans, they once attacked our home before. They are nothing but our resources to survive." She caressed the younger's cheek gently.

 

"Is that why I can't play with them?" She asked again, then the older nodded. "Why don't you play with me instead, hm?"

 

She huffed and pouted at her sister, "It's always you, I want another person to play with me!" Then the other chuckled softly and patting her head gently, "Alright... You can play with them, but only in a short time."

 

A few years had passed, the younger maiden grew more and more beautiful each day, however she's became weary of humans because she had seen some of them being evil and unhinged. When she was picking the flowers that can only grow in the night, someone ran to her direction and accidentally bumped into her, both of them falling on the ground.

 

The maiden groaned and looked at the young man who bumped her, then she heard some footsteps coming towards them. "P-Please help me! They're after me!" He pleaded before he went behind her, a group of thugs surrounded them but the young maiden isn't a human. She unleashed her inner beast and spilled blood on the ground, the young maiden was a vampire and she just saved the young man who was the son of the king.

 

The prince was never afraid of her, nor felt disgust of her, he was the first human who had accepted who she really is. They start to become friends, introducing themselves and getting to know each other.

 

=====

 

"Is it done?" Hyuna asked Seunghyun as they looked into the glowing pod, inside was the girl they had long awaited. They took Yerim inside with a gas mask on her face to keep herself breathing as the doctor had analyzed the situation at hand. "It's far from done, she's resisting." Seunghyun told her as she wrote on his logbook about the situation.

 

"However, 'she', on the other hand, likes to make an alternative whenever we failed this one." He added before looking at Hyuna then to the young half-blood inside the pod. "You see, she is desperate but smarter than you and I both. If she is resisting that much then we have to get her the alternative."

 

"What alternative?" The female vampire asked, which the older vampire replied with a grin on his face, "You will see."

 

=====

 

Meanwhile at BBS Headquarters...

 

Once Ningning, Minjeong and Aeri got to Wendy's arsenal, they took off their hats and Winter typed the passcode lock on the arsenal before it opened. "Winter can memorize any things that are meant to be memorized." She looked at the other and sees the weapons in the armory, Ningning's eyes widen at the sight of Wendy's masterpieces.

 

"Are you sure these are the ones I stole from RHA?" Aeri told them as she looks further to the weapons that Wendy upgraded and recreated, "Yes it is, in fact, Wendy's design is more sturdier than the prototypes." Minjeong responded and looked at the gun she held in the past few days when Wendy showed her armory to her. "Should we take them?" She added before looking back at the other two.

 

Aeri and Ningning looked at each other before confirming with a smile and a firm nod, "We'll take them, and we're going for an adventure!" The two answered in unison before they took the weapons and items they needed. Minjeong lets Winter conquered her body, same as Aeri and Giselle and they stored their own weapons inside their avatars before Ningning gets her own before putting in inside her ED hacking system.

 

"Now, let's get suit up!"

 

Ningning used her ED hacking skills to get through suspicious eye before they take a ride and drives off from the BBS headquarters, Ningning takes the wheel too since both Minjeong and Aeri don't know how to drive. While taking on a wheel she placed the system on their hi-tech contact lenses that Wendy made for them and placed the information about Jimin and her last known location.

 

"Jimin's last known location was in the subway, but there are no traces of any electronics with her as if she disappeared into thin air." Ningning explained, Minjeong beside her added. "She did mentioned about taking out information about Black Mamba." She said while rubbing her chin before looking at the two, "And she told us beforehand she doesn't use gadgets that the scientists made for her during her mission though she did have a tracker on her, but how did she disappeared like that?"

 

"Because Black Mamba can sense Karina's presence from Jimin." Giselle explained as she possessed Aeri's body, "You and I didn't sensed her presence from Jimin but we were too late when she was captured and Ningning is the only one who gets the gut feeling that Karina is inside Jimin's body."

 

"The cameras within the train were already malfunctioned way before Jimin gets inside the train so we need to find clues when we get there." Ningning added as they reached Seoul and stopped by the subway station, she stopped the car in by the driveway before they got off and start walking down the station. The crowd is densed and people are busy at the time of this day and Minjeong almost got lost in the crowds before Aeri grabbed her hand and pulls her close to her.

 

"Stay close, we don't know who will get us here." Aeri whispered before they went to the restroom, the three went inside and looked around if anyone would hear what they are planning. "Okay, here's the plan." Ningning told them before opening her ED system to them, showing the blueprint of the next train coming to the station. "This is the train that she last rode, this is by far the only clue we had right now."

 

Then she swiped something in the system which shows the direction of each cabin, "We have to separate ourselves in each cabin, the last transmission we had from Jimin is that she went through the cabin until the end of it before she went missing." Then she typed on her holographic keyboard, "The first cabin would be Aeri and Giselle, the second would be me and the third will be Winter and Minjeong. Though there will be many people coming in, I say we should be as discreet as possible, we only have to find clues inside the train." Ningning instructed.

 

Aeri heard the PA speaking about the certain train was about to come in their station, "The train is coming, let's go." Then the three went out of the restroom and into the waiting area so they could ride the train...

 

Little did they know someone overheard their conversation, someone disguised pretty well that even Ningning's strong awareness of the surrounding could detect it. The lady disguising as a call center agent walked to the next platform where her other two friends blending in with other people, "行こう. (Let's go.)" She said in Japanese. The two then followed the one who called them before they also hopped on the train, "彼らはどこにいる? (Where are they?)" One female asked in a whisper of her voice. The call center lady in disguise moved her head to where Minjeong is sitting, the three disguised females were in the same cabin as Minjeong and Winter.

 

A E R I

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter