3: The Exam

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y E R I

 

This is it.

 

The SSS rank exams.

 

I spend my whole week of rest for training and to get passed with this exam, Seulgi gave me tips about SSS exams since I'm the only one among the five of us needs to get to SSS rank exam. All of them got passed to this exam a few years ago, so I'm the only one who needs to get this exam.

 

Seulgi eonnie told me that there are three challenges they need to surpass.

 

The first exam would be the written exam, as usual. But much harder since you need to be logical with it, some are scientific calculations and some are physics. I must say, I can ace these written exams real quick!

 

Once we're inside the examination room, we're all sat in our respective seats we were waiting for five minutes until all of the contestants are already sitting in their seats. I took out my notebook where I took notes on everything I need to read, while studying in my seat, I heard other contestants whispering about me and that other contestant named Yoo Jimin.

 

"You heard of the infamous Yoo clan? They say they are the family of hunters who hunts vampires, why is she here?"

 

"Yeah, they say Yoo Jimin is a half-vampire and was an exile from their clan... She even killed a vampire superior from BBS a year ago."

 

"That's horrible! Why did the Director still accepts someone like her?"

 

"It's not just her, you know Kim Yerim? The artificial half-blood, she's taking the exams with us! Can't you believe it?"

 

"Yes! This is going to be an interesting exam!"

 

Then someone went beside me and then I looked at the one beside me to see Jimin.

 

 

Yes! The Yoo Jimin!

 

And by the looks of it, she really reminds me of Joy. By her presence, she seems cold and aloof, just like Joy. She was standing next to me and looks at me, her eyes were dark- I mean her corneas are jet black as the night, it's like I see nothing but emptiness. Then she asked me, "Would you mind? Sitting next to you?" She asked permission to me. Yes, to me. Like I own the row of seats.

 

I raised my brows and nodded at her, "Oh sure, go ahead." She told her before she sat next to me. Then her eyes turns to look at my notes before averting her eyes to me, "Studying until now?" She asked again and I replied in a casual way, "Ah yes, I'm just being ready for the written exams so- it's better to be prepared in the last minute." 

 

Jimin nodded and looks at her pen which she plays along her fingers, "You don't need to study in the last minute." She told me softly before the timer rang that it is time for the written exam. We all kept our notes to our bags and prepared our pens. Then the staffs distributed exam papers and when I received mine, my eyes widen.

 

History of Vampires. Names of the famous Vampire clans. Certain years of how vampires survived against the human attacks. 

 

What the--

 

THIS IS NOT WHAT I CAME TO STUDY FOR!!!

 

What is this?!

 

Goddammit...

 

I underestimated the first exam and now I'm doomed in the first place. I hold my both temples as I try to remember some of certain events where vampires were involved in such events in the history.

 

Then I saw Irene, Seulgi and Wendy eonnie watching ign me among the audience as they have determination that I can pass this, but where is Joy?

 

Ah, nevermind her, she never really cared if I pass or not in this exam.

 

I shake my head and focus on reading the exam papers, I had to pass this. Or else I might not get teamed up with Irene eonnie and the others!

 

But wait a second, these was all about history and genealogy of vampires. Joy was part of the Park family, one of the remaining clans of vampires that are still living today. Yoo family too, even the Jeon family. I did take note some of their information in my notes, that will help me.

 

When I start writing the answers, I noticed Jimin's hands moving non-stop. Like she writes without a rest. Something's odd...

 

Then I look at the other contestant's hand writing movements, they sometimes stops when they are reading the other questions in the papers. Then I see one contestant, tapping her pen against the table in a very, very odd way. My father told me the morse code, but I never learned about it, I only know how they execute it by tapping on something.

 

As I was done observing the contestants, I learned that they are CHEATING!

 

And now I discover that the purpose of the written exams is not to get caught cheating, no matter how dumb you are, if you don't know how to find ways to solve these papers. You won't pass-

 

"I'm done." Jimin stood up from her seat and gave her papers to the staffs before she walks out of the room.

 

She's fast and very smart indeed.

 

She's right about not needing to study in a last minute when the questions aren't related to the topics you're studying!

 

I sighed and scratched my head a bit before I closed my eyes, focusing on my sense on hearing as I'm hearing other contestants whispers on the answers in the questions. This made a way for me to answer all of it before I stood up and told to the staffs I'm done as well before I gave them my test papers and start walking out of the room.

 

I can see Seulgi and Wendy jumping among the crowds on how I passed the test while Irene eonnie calms them down, I couldn't help but to chuckle at myself before I walked out of the room to see Jimin leaning against the wall.

 

"So, you saw it too." She told me instead of congratulate me, she noticed how the real mechanics of the exam really is. I nodded at her and smiled nonetheless, "Yeah, you told me the first thing before we start answering. You're keen eyed, I see." I replied.

 

She quirks up a small smile and pulls herself back up from the wall and starts walking out of the corridor, "This is only the beginning, second one is a lot harder than you think." That's the last words she told me before she walks to the next platform leading to the next area where the second exam will be held.

 

Jimin is a bit myst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter