13: The Inventor and The Armamenter

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Just as the sound of cutleries clashing against the plates and bowls, the door swooped in as the taller female walked in. Joy is late again for dinner but she hears not just four people talking, more people are talking inside the dining room and seems she has been unaware that they have new tenants inside their apartment.

 

She's just in the usual mood as she walked inside the dining room, she sees new people inside and talking with her other members. However, she was surprised when she sees a familiar face... Yoo Jimin.

 

Her blank lips slowly concaved as she stares at the younger half-blood in their table, Jimin was the one to notice her presence and tilts her head. Their eyes met, staring at each other's gaze as they are surprised with one another. Neither Joy nor Jimin know that they are going to be tenants in one floor of the apartment. Silence really wrapped the atmosphere of their dinner.

 

But not until, Wendy intervened from their staring contest as she was the closest one beside Joy. "Hey, Sooyoung-ah! Come and take a seat with me!" She told and dragged the taller woman to her chair, breaking the gaze on the younger half-blood. Then back to the past chattering, Joy joined in but only talks a little as that's what they know of her.

 

"In case you don't know them, this is Minjeong, Ningning-- beside her, then Aeri my favorite girl, and Jimin-- Yeri's partner during the event!" Wendy introduced Joy to the new tenants while eating before Seulgi and Yeri starts fighting over on a last kimbap, then Irene took the last kimbap and put to , making the two fighting half-bloods groaned in defeat.

 

"Kang Seulgi! I thought you like to eat your favorite seasoned tripe!" Wendy scolded Seulgi for not even touching her favorite dish, "B-But the Kimbap you made is pretty good and the Tangsuyuk that Yeri brought--" She reasoned and pouted before Aeri pointed at the dish. "Oh! Can I try the seasoned tripe, Seulgi nee-san?" She asked and this made Seulgi smile and gives her the bowl of seasoned tripe, "Here! They are good I promise you!"

 

Minjeong gives some roasted beef to Irene, indicating that she's still sorry about what happened back to their school. Irene couldn't help but to feel in awe for Minjeong to give her some beef as a sign of apology, "Thank you." Then she smiles at the younger girl, then Ningning looked at them and starts thinking of what she could give to the older half-blood.

 

Then she sees an untouched fried chicken and wanted to give it to Irene but Yeri quickly sees Ningning's movement as she was about to give her a chicken when she instantly stops the younger female from giving it to her, "No, she doesn't like chicken." Yeri whispered to her before giving her instead the fried shrimp. Ningning blinked by how fast the half-blood caught her before nodding at her and mouthed a 'thank you' to her. She proceeds to give Irene the fried shrimp which she smiles at Ningning too and thanked her.

 

During their conversation in their table, Joy stand up after finishing her plate. "Please excuse me, I got to call someone." She excused before she stood up from the chair and head straight to the balcony, while everyone's busy talking to each other. Jimin noticed Joy signaled her by tilting her head a little bit to go outside with her, she excused as well, "Be back for a moment." She told Aeri and Minjeong as she stood up and followed taller half-blood to the balcony.

 

Jimin walked to the balcony to see Joy leaning against the railing, looking over to the city lights. "You're here, why is that?" She greeted before looking back at the younger half-blood, "I should ask you the same thing." Jimin responded before looking at the other and leans against the ledge. 

 

"We have to live in the same roof, that's what the director told us for the mission to apprehend the mad woman." Joy explained, "Kim Hyuna, wasn't it?" The other half-blood ask before she nodded. "As much as I want to do some parts alone, he insist me to stick with more than one partner. What happened in the past few months, the disappearance of Taeyeon eonnie and the others, Krystal and Leo, some minor agents on their mission to investigate Hyuna's whereabouts."

 

"We weren't looking for the same case, I was tasked to find the last avatar with them." Jimin told her as she fiddled her fingers a bit, "Just like you, our mission is to stop an enemy called Black Mamba. However, the avatars' hosts, weren't prepared to fight off some enemies in our midst. They can only rely on them." She added as she was still over looking at the city lights.

 

"Shouldn't you be the leader? You're stronger than them." Those words made Joy snorted softly, "Not anymore, they don't admit it but Director Oh declared that it'd be best if Irene would be the leader for some reasons. However, Seulgi, she's the strongest among us. I couldn't bested her in a single match without getting bruises." She explained and sighs.

 

"You're holding back." Jimin replied, "No I'm not." and she retorted. "Yes, you are." Jimin insisted with a small smile quivering over her lips, "Look, I'm not holding back, I'm trying to be the best of them."

 

But the other doesn't seem to believe her, "You sounded like Jeongyeon now." Joy grumbled and looked at Jimin. As much as she wanted to bring the event that occured 2 years ago, she can't. It'll ruin the mood of both of them. "Do I...? We weren't look alike." She replied before looking up at the sky, "She said those same words just three years ago, when we were in Jeju, in the rocky cliffs." Joy muttered and looked down.

 

Jimin nodded, "I remember... we were training in Jeju..." 

 

=====

 

3 years ago, in Jeju Island.

 

There are three friends practicing each other, clashing the dull blades against each other. Joy, Jeongyeon and Jimin are trying to be stronger to be a hunter and an agent. Jimin tries to correct how she handles her blade while Jeongyeon tries to fend off Joy's attacks, she could tell that the half-vampire's attacks are not as strong as she did in her last missions.

 

She's holding back, Jeongyeon thought before she did a dirty trick where she bent down and tripped her foot but Joy's instincts kicked in and saw Jeongyeon did before she stepped back and chuckles. "Always doing that dirty trick on me, Jeong! Can you not do that?" Joy asked her before relaxing her muscles by putting her arms down, trying not to fight her this time.

 

"You're holding back, you're always afraid hitting your friends." Jeongyeon pointed out that made the taller half-blood scoffed, "I wasn't holding back, I'm giving it my all." She responde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter