7: Ocean 4 Gone Wrong

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Y E R I

 

 

Just a few days after I talked with a vampire doctor, I went back to our home, my family home. I bought some gifts for my three little sisters because I know they are expecting some gifts from me since I work as an agent now, but to them, they thought I was taking a detective work. I don't want them to know that their older sister is a bloodsucking half-monster, must contain my craving for blood from time to time.

 

My mom took a day-off to take care of my sisters while my dad is still investigating in some cases from the headquarters, we eat meals together and we sleep together. But after our breakfast, my little sisters went to go paying at the backyard while me and my mom wash dishes.

 

I asked my mom if she remembered the hospital I was admitted when I was a kid, she responded with a small frown and asked, "What? You want to go back there?" I shook my head a bit. "I was going to visit someone there, if there are still some of my hospital records there." I answered.

 

She only gave me a chuckle right when I responded, "Doctor Choi isn't working there anymore, we haven't contacted him since your discharge." She told while scrubbing the dirt off from the dishes. "Why do ask about it?" She added with a question.

 

Since I don't want my mom to get worried again, I replied with a smile. "Doctor Lee wanted some of my records from that hospital, she wanted to know my condition very well since-- I'm adapting some vampire traits already."

 

"Omo-- let me see your teeth!" My mom looked at me before her hand was on my jaw and tries to check my teeth, "I-- Eomma!" I pried her hand gently. "I'm adapting, not becoming a vampire." Then I showed her my teeth and still completely human. "Isn't that the same thing? Dr. Choi assured us before we sign the consent that you won't become a vampire, half-vampire it is."

 

"But the difference is that half-vampires won't grow fangs like full vampires. So stop checking my teeth, eomma!" I chuckled and she splashed me with water and that we played with it.

 

After a few days of staying home, my mom gave me the address of the hospital and left to work. I prepared my bag to go back to the apartment, but Chae Eun, the youngest sister, tugs the hem of my shirt.

 

I looked at her with a smile, "Yes, Yoo-yoo?" I asked while she give me a worried look. "You're going to work again, eonnie?" she asked, I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, unnie has to take care of things as a detective." Then smiled reassuringly to her before patting her head a bit. "I can't delay myself because unnie will save the world from bad guys!"

 

She giggles with her eyes looking at me like a superhero, "Super Eonnie will save the world!" I can see her eyes sparkle, she is full of imagination just like me when I was little. I chuckled and carries her with ease before seeing their babysitter.

 

"Sohee eonnie!!!" Chae Eun excitedly squeals and puts her down to ran to their babysitter, she smiled and hugged my little sister.

 

Han Sohee eonnie was our neighbor's only daughter, we've been friends for years now. She's one of the people who took care of me when I was little, taking me to the park and playing around the playground. She's been my first friend since forever! Now we're having jobs, she also thought I'm a detective while she is a music teacher in my old school and also a babysitter whenever me and my parents are off to do some work.

 

Put that aside and...

 

"Eonnie," I called her and hugs her tightly. "It's so good to see you again!" I greeted before pulling back from the hug. She smiled and greeted back, "Likewise, Yerim... Another case you need to investigate?"

 

"Ah yes, an urgent one. Need to take care of it myself too." I responded, "I see... You go do your thing, I'll take care of your sisters."

 

I blinked before I even forgot, "Oh, eonnie!" I walk closer to her before giving her an envelope with half of her salary in it. "Appa gave this for you, if you want to treat my sisters some snack just go ahead." I winked at her before carrying my bag and kissed my little sisters' foreheads. "I'll be going now! Be good to Sohee eonnie okay?" I waved at them as I go out of the house.

 

=====

 

In RHA Headquarters...

 

The hunters and their director were discussing on what are their plans to infiltrate the BBS's armory and their bases in the mountains and forests, since BBS is a non-government organization and hides from the actual world of humans, they pretend to be just normal military bases but was overrun by good vampires, half-bloods and humans.

 

Among the hunters was a silly and flirtatious woman named Jeon Soyeon, she has no qualms with vampires or any sort of feud with them. She was just there to listen on a boring briefing and planning of their director. 'Could this discussion could be any faster?' She told to herself before felt a vibration in her pocket before getting it to see a message from her cohorts:

 

Staff ID secured! Off to Science & Research facility!
- MM.

 

Soyeon couldn't help but to smirk at the text before getting back to the discussion, happily listens while her own members of thieves infiltrate the very headquarters of hte hunters. She's not really a hunter, she's a hired mercenary, she only join RHA because she pays her well. 'Those four better know what they are doing.' Soyeon thought in her head.

 

In the research facility, four new researchers came in on a tour to see what RHA researchers are making, some substances that could kill the vampires and some are weapons to kill. This made the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter