5: Illusion

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

M I N J E O N G

 

"Hello, my name is Ning Yizhuo, you can call me Ningning. Nice to meet you everyone!"

 

Ningning...?

 

"That's her! That's Ningning!" Winter told me as she pointed her finger towards her.

 

She bowed in front of us before our homeroom teacher instructed her to sit wherever she wants, then the new girl just nodded and went straight towards me. I looked at the seat beside me and saw that she sat beside me, I put a good smile in front of her before I looked back at the homeroom teacher. While listening to our teacher, Winter couldn't stop talking to me.

 

"I knew she could find us that easily! You should befriend her!" She told me but I need to focus on today's classes, I looked down a bit and muttered. "I will but not this time, I have to focus on school." I told her.

 

"Hi." Out of the blues, Ningning spoke to me. I quickly looked at her and smiles, "Hello, you're new-- I-I mean, you're from China." She told her before looking at what she's wearing: brown hair, butterfly pin, preppy look... She is definitely from China and maybe moved here days ago.

 

Ningning nodded with a simple smile, "I had a hard time looking at the rooms around the school, would you like to tour me around after school?" She asked me before I looked at the reflection of the mirror to see Winter looking excited before she starts telling me to-- "Say yes, say yes, say yes! YES!" I chuckled at the back of my mind before looking back at her.

 

"Sure, I can tour you around." I answered her and the teacher noticed that I'm making friends of the new student, which my other classmates has mixed reactions to it. "Let's talk more when it's break time." I told her and I start listening to the teacher's lesson.

 

=====

 

 

Once I finished touring Ningning around the school, made our way to the canteen where we are going to get our lunch, we fall in line and served her the tray. Ningning gladly smiled as a gratitude before we start picking up our foods, while going to our own vacant seat.

 

"This place is big, bigger than the recent high school building that I was studying." Ningning commented before she takes a kimbap and eats it in a mouthful. I nodded and smiled, "Yeah, you might get lost when you're alone and new." I chuckled a bit.

 

"Say what do you do in your free time?" I asked her while we were eating, "Free time? Hmm..." She thinks before smiling back at me. "I always draw in my notebook and maybe strolling around."

 

"...Maybe?"

 

Ningning blinks and tilted her head at my confusion, "I'm trying to be extrovert for once." she answered and then I chuckled. "You tired of being an introvert?"

 

"N-no, not really! Since I'm now living in South Korea, I might need to change some pace when I was in China." She responded before nodding at her, "I see, so you were trying to be a new person living in a new place."

 

"Yes, yes! I'm trying to get along with anyone--"

 

Someone slammed against our table to see the bullies in front of us, smirking and some of them giving us a smug smile, "Making friends now, huh? Minjeong?" Then one of them seated on our table. I sighed and looked at them, "Please Shinsul, it's not like your first time seeing me making friends." I squinted at Shinsul, and that made her angry.

 

"Yah," And bats her heavy palm against my head, I flinched in pain a bit before looking back at her, "Don't talk to me like that, little mouse. Know your place here." She hissed and attempted to batter again.

 

"Okay, that's it." Winter growled and felt my left arm gets to control by her before a pistol appeared out of knowhere from my left hand, I gasped and quickly stops her from showing it in front of everyone. "Winter! Don't-" I whisper as I tried to stop her from making it worst. One of Shinsul's member sees me struggling and was going to get close to me,"Hey, hey, Minjeong-ah! What's wrong with your ar--"

 

My eyes widen when Ningning throws an unopened bottled water on one that was going to approach me, Ningning looks angry and upset. Shinsul sees this and the others, "What the hell--" Shinsul gets a bowl of kimchi stew on her face when she throws another food on her before she went up to the table and punched her face. I'm still surprised on what is happening and let Ningning gets to beat up Shinsul and her friends.

 

From behind, Winter is cheering for her. Is this really necessary?

 

Then when the the teachers came to see the commotion, they asked. "What is going on here?!" Then I felt like something came up and went back to see Ningning having a wound on her head, I was shocked to see her in her state before coming over to her. "Ningning, oh my god!" I panicked as she cries while holding her bloodied injury.

 

But earlier she didn't broke a sweat when beating them up as if she was untouchable, I looked back at Shinsul and seeing her face clean of kimchi stew that Ningning threw her not long ago. Everything that happened just a few moments ago never happened right now, what?!

 

"That was Ningning's doing." Winter smiled proudly of her. "Just pretend that the bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter