10: Girls

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Y E R I

 

I feel disgusted.

 

I feel horrible.

 

Knowing that my second life that was given to me was just a twisted experiment by the doctor who once I thought was nice to me, he was just nice to me because I am the successful test subject of his and now I am feeling like this is not my real body.

 

That figure I saw back in the archives, was my donor... But she seemed very angry and wanted to have her body back. Was it my fault that I got into that accident? Is it really fate that took me the see the glimpse of death before I get transplanted with a vampire organs? I got so many questions in my mind right now and I don't know why it had to be me.

 

But right now, I'm so disgusted of myself right now. They gave me another life that was from a vampire, now they are keeping tabs with my health because of that doctor's research and experiment on me. But I wonder...

 

Does BBS know about this experiment?

 

I was walking in the sidewalk of Apgujeong, people were walking along with it and they seemed to be normal, humans are normal people right? They live their lives to the fullest without worries of tomorrow-- I mean some humans. I sighed and kept walking and thinking.

 

I was a human, but that was a long time ago, I saw things that weren't there because I became a half-vampire. He took my human life away because of his experiment. Now I have to live my life as living vampire.

 

Then my head starts to spin and everything seemed to slow down, I leaned a bit on the wall before I realized that I'm starting to go thirsty.

 

Blood.

 

Yes, I need blood to survive. It's always like this, I need blood to live and get stronger...

 

I looked at the people around me, they are so many... Their scent, it's tempting.

 

They are so... tasty.

 

"No." I shook my head as I uttered the word before I walk inside the small alley, still under my strong blood lust. My senses are getting stronger and more irritating that I leaned against the wall again, closing my eyes shut ad cupping my ears as I'm hearing everything. Even my own heartbeat. I could hear them.

 

Then I heard some punching and groaning near me, I opened my eyes and peaked from behind the garbage shoot. I saw someone getting beaten by an older man in his early 40s, he seems to owe him a debt but the abused man couldn't keep up with it and gets beaten again with his foot on his head and kicks his stomach on the ground. The sounds of getting beaten and the punches, it irritates me more that I straighten up and goes to the older man.

 

I clenched my fist and punched the guy hard, he fell down in an instant. He seemed confused at the moment I strike before I continue to beat him up again. I kicked him again and again and that moment I enjoyed hurting a worthless human like him.

 

I keep doing it again until I see him bleeding, the scent of his blood really makes my nose tingle and then it makes me feel that I wanted to taste him but then I realised that there was another person behind me, the beaten one. I glared at him and told him, "Run and make sure I won't find you." I said with a hint of annoyance before he nodded and ran away.

 

Seeing the bloody man on the ground, makes me want to pounce on him but I resisted before shaking my head. I'm not going to be a vampire, I won't drink anyone's blood. Then I let the man on the ground before running away, I must not get into my vampire instincts. I must not!

 

I punched the wall to hold of my thirst for blood until I saw my donor's apparition beside me, looking at me disappointed.

 

"You're no longer a human. Yet you still insisting that you're one of them."

 

"I already know I'm not a human, but I'm also not a vampire." I muttered.

 

"You might think you're in the middle but being in the latter doesn't mean you're safe on everything."

 

"No, you're wrong. I was born a human, but still, I lived and still being a human with a vampire in me."

 

"You're in the wrong side, Kim Yerim... You're already dead."

 

"You're the one who's dead and stop trying to change my mind."

 

"I'm not trying to convince you, you'll change eventually. I will wait for it."

 

Then she disappears with a grin on her face before my blood lust gets stronger that I dug my nails against the concrete and did the unthinkable.

 

I banged my head against the wall and another one before falling unconscious, so that I would avoid myself hurting anyone anymore. One is enough, another one will be my shame.

 

=====

 

Everything seems to be normal now, my thirst disappeared and I don't feel hungry but where am I?

 

I heard beeping next to me then opened my eyes, I saw that I was in an emergency room with other patients. I'm still wearing the same clothes but with a bandage on my right temple, I could remember how I went unconscious. I banged my head until I out. It was not my first time to do that, actually my second time.

 

Groaning and gets up slowly, I saw a man coming to my bed. It was someone I know.

 

"Hey, hey, don't move yet if you feel not getting up too soon." He told me as he assisted me as I sat up from the bed, "H...Hongseok?" I called his name and that made him smiled. "You don't forget my name, I see?" He greeted with a quirky smile.

 

Hongseok. He was my best friend since 7th grade, he was a bit distant but he always gets along with everyone. We've met in a weird way, our first meeting was us getting bickering over a dodgeball session and our second meeting was us saving our classmate from falling off a tree and then we made amends after that. Hongseok and I became best friends over the years until we separate our ways. Then we never make contact since...

 

I scoffed, "Of course I don't forget your name! I'm not a stranger to you!" I told him. "You're the one who sent me here?" I asked.

 

He shaked his head, still smiling, "No, my colleague did, actually."  He responded. "He said you saved him from a greedy loan shark who wants to get his life savings." Then he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter