15: The Main Ingredients for Disaster

Sanguine Villus (Living as a Vampire Prequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Y E R I

 

The sound of the water dripping, unaudible voices, and feeling my whole body binding together.

 

My eyes slowly opened at the sound of two people talking in front of me, as the blurred visions of mine slowly fixated to a clear sight. It was none other than the one I have been looking for...

 

"Oh, look who wakes up!" Her scarlet eyes and her face, I already recognized her already. Once I start to remember what had happened, I start to shake off my body but I was bound by her shadows, stolen from Hyoyeon eonnie. It was tightly holding me in place as I was on a chair.

 

I looked around to see nothing but the two of them in a dull room that I do not know where it came from, her smile is simple yet twisted, however she wanted something from me. "Doctor, I thought the other one would wake up. But not the vessel." Hyuna asked the doctor as I glared at her, "Kim Hyuna." I mentioned her name as I tried my best to get away from her binding shadows.

 

She rolled her eyes and shakes her head at me, "I'm starting to get obnoxious when almost everyone calls my full name the first time they talk to me, geez." Then she walked closer to me before holding my face to take a good look on me. I tried to pried away my head from her grasp but she tightly squeezed my face.

 

"Maybe 'she' isn't strong enough to take over her body yet, Hyuna." The other replied before Hyuna hummed and let go of my face, "She has to be strong, she's been inside her for a decade now. This should be the right time for her to wake up, just like what 'she' did during her fight with the other interesting half-blood." Now she has mentioned Jimin here.

 

I think I know why I'm here with her, she knows something about the experiment.

 

"Who is 'she' you're talking about?! I'm just one half-blood you caught in an ambush!" I told them as I struggle to break free from her grasp. Hyuna's gaze turrned back to me before laughing, "You're not just one half-blood, and I know what you know, Stygian Nymph." She mentioned the name of the experiment and now I confirmed that she has something to do with me years ago.

 

"How did you...?"

 

"It's something that Hyuna and I had planned long time ago." Then a figure stepped out of the darkness to see the face of someone who had caused all of this pain of my life, my eyes widen at his appearance, "D-Dr. Choi Seunghyun..."

 

His face never changed, just like the same young face that took care of me after the operation, the one who always brought me candies and sweets during my recovery. Now, he is in front of me, still the same. But I now know that he sided Hyuna and the whole operation was created by the two of them.

 

"It has been years since I last seen you, Yerim-ah." He greeted in a cold tone, his face who smiled brightly at me was no more. I can only see his stoic, unfeeling expression in front of me, "I never know you have been became a beautiful woman all these years. If only your parents never told the director about your condition, I would have stayed with you longer at the hospital."

 

"So you weren't affiliated with BBS but you are a doctor working for her?" This made my blood boil knowing that the doctor who took care of me when I was a kid was nothing but a twisted doctor working for the enemy. "Black Blood Society is a false haven created by my brother, I don't join to such cowardly organization such as that. All he wanted is to make peace with humans that's all that matters to him."

 

I heard Hyuna yawning at the doctor's remarks before clicking her tongue, "Can we just wake her up already? I'm getting tired waiting and seeing the looks of that pathetic specimen of yours." She complained. I'm sure they are referring to that vampire that is within me. I haven't told anyone about it since I know that they would be oblivious of me.

 

"Oh-- I forgot to tell you, Irene and I had a decent talk." Irene eonnie? How could she be with someone dangerous?

 

"We talked about you most of the time, she said she'll turn you over in one mission. We negotiate and we made a deal." That made me confused more, how would our own leader negotiate with her? With Kim Hyuna? She's never like that, never! I shake my head and tried to break free from the shackles of her shadows.

 

"No, you're lying! Eonnie would never do that, who would she be negotiating with a devil like you?" I denied, she's a liar. A devil lies and deceived people, so as she. Irene eonnie would never sell me out to her, I know I'm not like them but Irene eonnie never getting me in trouble. "Why do you think you get nothing in your investigation earlier and got rigged? It's because Irene set you up."

 

She set me up, but I doubt that. Hyuna tilted her head, "Still not believing? Well then..." She took out her phone and plays something. A recording of her and Irene eonnie.

 

"Is this okay? I'll make sure to leave the bait at Gyeongju, I'll assign Yeri to investigate things." That voice... It really is Irene eonnie, "I'll send you the coordinates--" Then she stopped the recording and I looked at her with a shock expression which made her happy. "I told you, your 'eonnie' sold you out."

 

Irene eonnie... why?

 

"That's enough, Hyuna. Let's get into it." The doctor told before looking at his wrist watch with a click of his tongue.

 

Dr. Seunghyun looked at me before turning his head towards Hyuna, "You need to taste her blood first, there are some instances that she can be wake up at the verge of death." He instructed before he backed away and she walked towards me. My heart's racing as she went closer before grabbing my face, I tried to pry it again but it was too late. "Or if not, we can go with the hard way, and I know you will like that idea." he added.

 

"Oh, Seunghyun... you know me too well." She turned her head on me with a smirk on her face, "I remember that my mom used to do something fun with the second gifted to awaken something from her." And her eyes glowed in a scarlet hues. "Would you do the same, Kim Yerim?"

 

My heart starts to beat rapidly as she looked at me with a twisted smile, I shake my head and closed my eyes. "No... Get the away from me!" Then I bit her hand which she pried away quickly, she was surprised at first and laughed. "Feisty, just how I liked it." I grit my teeth and tried to break free from her shadowy tendrils, "You're not getting something from me!" I shouted at them.

 

"Yes. I can." Then she leans closer and felt two fangs pricked my skin, I tried to scream in pain but she covered my mouth and I could only do is to muffle in pain before feeling half of my blood been taking out by force.

 

Adrenaline rushed through my veins and saw the vampire girl who looks like me with glowing purple eyes, I saw her lips move as she is uttering something then I understood what she is saying.

 

"It will be over soon."

 

=====

 

J I M I N

 

I don't know how long I was trapped inside the dark room. Minutes? Hours? Days? I couldn't remember the last time I checked the date or my wristwatch. I was doing my assignment, interrogating a man who have an obvious connection to someone involved with Black Mamba.

 

He's an easy target, he doesn't know what is coming. I was wearing a typical hood while I'm wearing headphones, leaning against the metal pole inside the train I was riding. He is in his early 30s, however, he looks like a normal worker going to his workplace, eyeglasses and has a suitcase. I kept my eyes on him even though we were crowded by a lot of people.

 

I already told the director not to contact me when I'm on a mission, instead, I will put myself on a tracker for them to know where I'm going, I waited for an hour until the people starts to disperse and went to their designated destinations and the only people that left inside one of the cart is me and the man I'm about to interrogate. As the train starts to go to the dark tunnel, I made my move.

 

The man whipped his head towards my direction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter